This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Code Tags/Box

Well I am making a site that will be used as a guide for setting up a program. This guide involves editing the code of the program in Notepad.

So, to my question. Is there a way to add Code Tags into the display of my webpage, kind of like those used to display code boxes on forums with a scroll bar. I know it would be similar to a text box, but I want something that cannot be changed by the people reading the site so they don't make changes to it on accident and then wonder why the code is not working. Also the text within it needs to be able to be colored so that they can easily tell what areas they are looking for. I have considered a table but I would love something with a Scrollbar and something that retain all the indents of the origional code.

Sorry if its a little confusing I can try to clear it up and thanks in advance for any help. Also I am not a big HTML guru so a sample or guide of how its done would be appreciated. I checked the tutorial section and didn't see anything that looked like what I need.

Thanks again,
~Valdez