This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Guestbook not posting.

I've built a website for my employer and used the Bravenet embed code to include the guestbook (which is ace by the way) on the site.
The site is currently offline and on a local machine on the network, still in development phase, and as the initial folders created by Dreamweaver.
when I preview the page in Firefox, the guestbook shows up, and everything seems to work until I try and post a new wntry.
when I do this I get the verifying loading banner, but it just seems to hang there and never posts regardless of how long I gove it to verify.
Is this a problem because the website is still offline?
And if so will it work when the website goes live?
All replies will be appreciated.

Re: Guestbook not posting.

common issue with some lagging with the posts.

Not sure solution or what.

Could be programs you are using or anything causing issue as some browsers are tricky with things.

Wish I knew a lot with the browsers but always here things work better in this browser and that but I have issues with even the others when I switch as the programmers say this works better with Firefox, or google or ...

Re: Guestbook not posting.

You really need to put a test page on your web server to test this properly. I have not tried the embedded version so I can't comment in detail but I do know that some embedded code from Amazon doesn't work when I test the pages locally in Firefox.