General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Off basenqf9

As usual I received, the bulletin from Susan Ellis's Engergize website with its attention drawing headlines. I have never been one who thought it to be helpful to have those with little information point fingers and blame after the fact. Such was Susan's role in this circumstance. I think she could have done better by the profession and her collegues and peers.

The legal advice the board of AVA was given was to proceed as we did. The auditor took nearly six months to sort things out to the degree where we could present audited financial statements. As a board we could not and still cannot make comments on the exact circumstances because of an ongoing police investigation. Susan may have a fantastic crystal ball but I doubt that even she would ignore the advice of legal and financial professionals.

When she wrote, "As of this morning (March 1st), it has been dissolved, victim of a missing $300,000, executive falsehoods, board mismanagement, and member complacency" she steps way out of line, in my opinion.

I think her effort to get things moving again for the profession is important and should be supported. I don't think it needed to start by belittling everyone in the process.