Start a New Topic 
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Breeding long enough
I remember when they said "if you are in this and breed long enough, things WILL come up." and they have ! I remember saying "I will never do this or that", well time passes and I might. There is so much more to this breeding Labradors than most will ever know. We ca...
Views: 543   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 13, 2011 8:31pm
by Bdr
Premate or Target Tests
Which is best? Ease of testing, most reliable... Thanks,BB
Views: 333   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 13, 2011 3:07pm
by sampsonlabs
GREGG, did you hear Eleonore at Elkens finished Dancer?
I know Dancer's Championship is posted below, I just want to make sure Gregg knows. WOOOHOOO! GO ELEONORE!
Views: 534   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 13, 2011 7:29am
by Gregg
s
Sarah
Hunting brag :-)
I don't often post here, but couldn't pass this one up Our old dog "Maddie" ran in her first hunting and working certificate trials this weekend and what a successful time she had! Saturday morning she ran in her first JH trial and Saturday afternoon she did...
Views: 425   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 12, 2011 11:49pm
by windycanyon
Post Neuter Seizure
I'm looking for insight from anyone who has had an experiance with the onset of seizure post neuter surgery, as in 3 days post surgery. Including possible sensitivity to something administered during the surgery. there may have been a prior thread about drugs in the...
Views: 362   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 12, 2011 7:56pm
by Can't help
Thyroid Question
When testing a bitch for thyroid issues prior to breeding (no issues obvious), do you go through the OFA procedures and certified labs, or just test through you vet and gauge the results from that? Isn't there a simple thyroid test, and a complete thyroid test? W...
Views: 334   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 12, 2011 3:13pm
by MWK
Veterans
Can a dog/bitch win points and finish from the veteran class?
Views: 524   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 12, 2011 11:18am
by Perhaps a......
g
Gail R
JH brag
I would like to congratulate Windswept's Riptide for earning his JH in 4 straight tests at the age of 13 months 3 days. He was owner trained and handled by Bill Slutsky, who did an an awesome job. It is the first JH for a Windswept offspring and also Bill Rip's pa...
Views: 381   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 12, 2011 7:19am
by Fil
AKC CH Foxred Bitch, It's a First!
It is with Great pleasure & so much Excitment to let everyone know about my foxred girl Dancer "Elkens Fire Dancer". Today Dancer finished her AKC Championship under judge Jeffrey Pepper in WA. Going BOB over specials! Dancer is the first foxred bitch to fini...
Views: 1143   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jul 11, 2011 7:52pm
by Eleonore Diehr
What should we be looking for???
A good friend and I were having a discussion earlier today about puppy foods/dog food in general. I have fed a certain food since I got started in Labradors. I tried other brands that people said were better, but I just didn't see any improvement in my girls, and in...
Views: 770   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jul 11, 2011 2:32pm
by slab
WC/AWC in Wisconsin
Badger LRC is sponsoring a WC/AWC test in Wisconsin on July 23. The grounds at Chelstar Kennels are exceptional, and we have a building for check-ins with parking right outside and an easy walk to the land test. Parking for the water test is available right at the...
Views: 286   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 11, 2011 2:12pm
by peggy Stevens
Provisional LRCP judges ed attendees
When we held the judges education seminar at Potomac this spring I said I would announce the judges who attended that are provisional in Labradors. The judges who attended were very interested in learning about what makes a good Labrador and excited about judging our...
Views: 546   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 11, 2011 12:20pm
by Cindy
m
MWK
Anyone use "Fetch" to upload files to their website?
I was just uploading some updated files and clicked in the wrong place and I seem to have lost my main directory of files. If anyone is well-versed in Fetch please let me know if you are willing to help me figure out what I did. Thanks. mwk
Views: 266   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 11, 2011 9:47am
by mwk
Cornell Lab DNA Study
Just back from a UKC Rally trial, and the judge was handing information about a Cornell University study of Labs. According to her information: Cornell College of Vet Med is looking for healthy AKC-registered Labs at least 8 years old to use as controls for genet...
Views: 671   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jul 11, 2011 8:49am
by Bdr
n
Retired from the shows or BYB
I've found a lot of older breeders that have completely retire form the shows and still breed lots of litters every year. They display pictures from their days of glory 20 years ago! and then they advertise and sell show puppies. It bothers me that they don't even...
Views: 1375   Replies: 42
Last Post: Jul 11, 2011 2:42am
by Breeder
Eye candy from World Dog Show in Paris:-)
http://www.valeriedelprat.com/world-dog-show-paris-2011-labrador/
Views: 695   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 10, 2011 6:58pm
by Admirer
Studying pedigrees
I'm trying to find out the parents of a dog. The info is not at OFA or Pedigree database. AKC won't give it as a dog of interest. Is there another way to find out besides the obvious, ask the owner, or pay for the pedigree? TIA
Views: 454   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 10, 2011 6:06pm
by Breeder
Neutering
A friend of mine has a 2 year old boy that is quite hyper. Yes, they do exercise him quite a bit and yes, he could use more training but that is not the direction I need this post to go. Do you actually see a boy calm down after he has been neutered? I only have g...
Views: 292   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 10, 2011 2:03pm
by Charlotte K.
MLO
Does anyone know of MLO being hereditary in labs....I'm not familiar with it.
Views: 601   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 9, 2011 8:15pm
by Endless Mt. Labr...
Any results from West Friendship, MD?
I'm stuck at home. Thanks!
Views: 426   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 9, 2011 7:14pm
by Congratulations ...
Panacur and Tylan
Wondering if anyone knows if Tylan and Panacur are safe to give at the same time to 7 week old puppies. They had poor stool for a day weeks ago and tylan quickly got rid of it. Now it is back and I want to give it again but they are in day 2 of their 3 day Panacur wo...
Views: 377   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 9, 2011 1:58pm
by CD
PennHIP database
One of my pet families' vet told them the PennHIP database is open to the public. I can't find it on the PennHIP home page. I didn't think it was... but if it is open to the public now, could someone point me in the right direction?
Views: 612   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jul 9, 2011 8:53am
by Carlo
Tufts Breeding & Genetics conference, Boston, Sept. 16-17
Below is a description of this excellent conference. I learned a great deal from the one I attended. Dr. Jerold Bell (Clinical Associate Professor of Genetics Department of Clinical Sciences Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine) want to get the wo...
Views: 268   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 9, 2011 5:33am
by Kate Fulkerson, ...
what is the Best top load washer
I need a new washer. I use my washer to not only was clothes, but also dog blankets, beds, etc. I have looked at GE & Maytag. any advise greatly apprecaited.
Views: 378   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jul 8, 2011 8:43pm
by Tiffany
Showing In Hot Weather
Almost all dogs are out of coat during the hot summer months but the shows still go on -- and some are 4-5 day circuits and majors to boot. I'm wondering how one decides to enter or not since the dog is out of coat. It doesn't seem to make sense to enter -- yet, the...
Views: 657   Replies: 22
Last Post: Jul 8, 2011 7:39pm
by JMO
l
Linda
Diarrhea
My puppies have full blown diarrhea. They are 7 weeks old, eating Pro Plan puppy, chicken and rice. Suggestions please.
Views: 501   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jul 8, 2011 5:55pm
by valwhalen
m
me
Best Puppy Competition
I have been showing for years, but never have had a competetive puppy before. So when a show has a Best Puppy competition, do you get a Best Puppy from each breed and then compete in Puppy Groups. Or if a Puppy wins BOB then you get into a special group? This w...
Views: 393   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 8, 2011 5:01pm
by me
?
?
lyme treatment
Can anyone tell me the correct length of time for anti biotics? I thought I read on here once you have to treat for an extended period to be effective. Also, if you get a positive Lyme test do you also run a panel for the other tick borne diseases? Once treated ha...
Views: 270   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 8, 2011 3:54pm
by Linda
Is bloat familial
I have a four month old lab that suffered from a food related bloat episode last weekend. He did not exercise before or after eating. He did eat only twice that day rather than 3 times and tends to gulp food as he was "free fed" with many other dogs while with the...
Views: 491   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jul 8, 2011 1:52pm
by curious
Starving puppies
Saw a litter this weekend. they were about 6 weeks old. When the breeder went to feed them they all ate so fast and desperately and just kept licking and licking, looking for more. I could tell by the amount she gave them it was not enough. I asked her why she didn't...
Views: 580   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 8, 2011 1:11pm
by Joy
l
Linda
Arthritis
My 5 year old was diagnosed with arthritis in his elbows. What supplements do you use? Thanks
Views: 445   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 8, 2011 12:21pm
by Toni
Special smell when they are ready?
I am just wondering if anybody else can smell when their bitches are ready to be bred? I have a yellow bitch, that I can smell when ever she is getting ready! How weird is that??? LOL Maybe I should just use my nose to determine if she is ready or not!!
Views: 494   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jul 8, 2011 7:36am
by Hildur@Draumalan...
t
Travis
Hunt Test Attire
Looks like I'll be entering my boy into his (and my) first hunt test in September, and I was just wondering what is considered proper attire for a handler to wear? TIA
Views: 454   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jul 8, 2011 12:13am
by Travis
New Champion Master Hunter
It is my great pleasure and pride to present the latest MASTER HUNTER: AKC/UKC Ch Viking Hil'Die Tanzbarin, RA, MH. (Am/Can Ch Aquarius Centercourt Delight,JH,WC x Viking Zinka Dew,CD,JH,RA,WCI,CGC,CC). Hildi is just over six years old, finished her Am Champio...
Views: 843   Replies: 29
Last Post: Jul 7, 2011 11:41pm
by barb
Question for those who feed TOTW
I am new to the TOTW brand. I am using the pacific stream formula. I have my two 4 year olds on it but I have not switched my 15 month old yet because of the calcium/phos ratio and he was a puppy when I started using it. Is this a safe age to start switching over?
Views: 470   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jul 7, 2011 4:18pm
by FROMM User
Food glorious food.........
Like many of you, I read this forum from time to time and seem to be attracted to the threads dealing with everyone's favorite subject - FOOD. What to feed? What do you feed? Have you ever fed....? the questions and comments go on and on kindling a debate whic...
Views: 454   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 7, 2011 3:21pm
by breeder too
b
BarbS
California law to confiscate pets and farm animals without return:
From E mail today,"This is what is going on in California. Many other states have laws like this pending also": http://wearechangetv.us/2011/06/california-assembly-bills-allow-state-to-confiscate-pets-and-farm-animals-without-return/
Views: 421   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 7, 2011 6:55am
by Huh?
Crate pad recommendations for a yellow dog?
I have a yellow (first yellow ever) and his elbows are getting a little dis-colored (reddish). He gets blankets on his crate (wire crate), but moves them so he's always on the plastic pan. Are there any good crate pads that are hard for the Doha to move around? The i...
Views: 324   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 6, 2011 3:45pm
by nicole
Orijen ???
Just thinking about changing foods and wondering about Orijen. Do the people that use it find it's enough for Labradors? Do you find you have to compromise condition or coat for the food? Looking for good and bad experiences. TIA
Views: 426   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jul 6, 2011 3:27pm
by don't be fooled
Some questions regarding bitch season...
I have a question. My bitch was at a friends house who was taking care of her as we where away at vacation. She went there on June 23rd and I picked her up July 2nd. When I dropped her off she was not in heat. I didn't notice anything when I picked her up on the 2nd...
Views: 337   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 6, 2011 3:24pm
by SMS
l
Linda
Panno
How old can a dog show symptoms of panno? Can a older dog show symptoms. Example, a five year old.
Views: 425   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 6, 2011 11:10am
by El
E.O.L.B.A. Closes Today at 8:00 p.m.
Just a friendly reminder that E.O.L.B.A. closes today at 8:00 pm For those who have already entered.... we thank you for your entry. For those who would still like to enter, you can fax your entries to the show secretary using a credit card. An entry form can...
Views: 174   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 6, 2011 9:38am
by Joanne Fernall
How to read breakdown for breed counts on Onofrio?
I just entered my first show, but am insure how to read the breed count. For example there are 18 dogs (says 18 Labrador) so the numbers are : 8-4- 4-2 What does each number mean? Is one for dogs, bitches, puppies and bob? Thanks!
Views: 214   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 6, 2011 12:45am
by another ?
n
Judges
Do AKC judges get paid for their assignments?
Views: 668   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 5, 2011 6:54pm
by Club treasurer
g
guilty
PP users, past and present
Just looking for an honest response-I was feeding PP and was convinced into trying the more expensive "better" quality foods. I have tried many over the past year and so far have not seen any results to write home about. I'm wondering if anyone who had been a PP us...
Views: 773   Replies: 38
Last Post: Jul 5, 2011 6:41pm
by Elizabeth Martin
Temperament
What lines do you consider are the best for temperament. Looking for calm, sweet, eager to please, trainable, retrieving probably in that particular order if I have to choose.
Views: 616   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 5, 2011 3:06pm
by Jessica
a different vulva question
We have a different problem with one of our young bitches. I don't remember ever having seen this before. 12 months old, been through one heat, but her vulva is really tucked up under her. Instead of being behind her when in heat it was under her and didn't real...
Views: 369   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 5, 2011 11:48am
by Bdr
a
Ann
Dremel
What size, power dremel do you use? Thank you
Views: 399   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jul 5, 2011 8:51am
by Dremel lover
g
Gail R
Group 4
Huge congratulations to Ellen Shearer for going BOB over a special and then on to Group 4, in Whitney Point, yesterday, with Bindi. Bindi looked AWESOME!
Views: 549   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 4, 2011 11:02pm
by El
l
Linda
Feeing puppies
How long do you feed your pups, Pro Plan puppy? Thank you
Views: 431   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 4, 2011 7:41pm
by PPP
have you ever
I have a youngster that consistently has one mammary gland swell a 2 weeks past a cycle. I have discussed with my vet, but other than putting her on amoxi and warm compresses ... he recommends doing nothing else. The gland will eventually go back to normal after ap...
Views: 409   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 4, 2011 3:57pm
by yes
anaplasmosis
I'm a bit confused on doxy dosage for anaplasmosis...i had a bitch who came down with it last summer the vet put her on 300mg 1x a day, within a day she seemed back to her normal self. I now have another bitch that has it but I deal with a different vet for her, they...
Views: 306   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 3, 2011 7:59pm
by breeder
m
Me
Food Revisited
I think it's great that there are so many options out there for our dogs these days. I remember when the only "allergy" option was lamb. And it's super when you find a food that gives you clean ears and no itching. But please do not fool yourself into thinking tha...
Views: 327   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 3, 2011 7:02pm
by No Guilt Here
Spot Light Dogs
What a lovely display of Labradors! Nice presentation too!
Views: 465   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 3, 2011 6:31pm
by Breeder
OK City Results
Any news from OK? Wondered if the major held?
Views: 330   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 3, 2011 6:24pm
by Facebookie
Chocolate breeders I need your help
I have been breeding and showing for about 5 years now so I’m fairly new. I was wondering if anyone could give me a great breeder outside of the USA that breeds chocolate. I am looking to import the best show quality chocolate boy that I can find. Could anyone...
Views: 1070   Replies: 30
Last Post: Jul 3, 2011 12:37pm
by Stud Dog Popular...
Right now, Purina Incredible Dog Challenge on TV
Stuck indoors with the rain, turned on the tube, and right now there is the Purina Incredible Dog Challenge on CBS, Eastern Regionals.Agility, Dock Diving, Frisbee, Russell Hurdles, and more. Was filmed in Atlalnta.
Views: 258   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 3, 2011 12:14pm
by Charlotte K.
For those who work and raise litters
I have been blessed to have a wonderful friend and trusted neighbor help out with previous litters by coming during the day to let momma dog out and feed her, make sure the pups are OK, and check on things for me while I am at work. She is going on a 3 week vacat...
Views: 819   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jul 3, 2011 11:37am
by Furrball
ear hemotoma option to surgery
my lab has a hemotoma on his ear. He is about 11, and I really do not want him to go thru surgery unless i have to. Is there an option to surgery on the ear?
Views: 313   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 3, 2011 2:18am
by it works
old girl won't shed!
I have a 10 yr old black bitch who I spayed at age 6 yrs. before she was spayed, her coat would shed normally, after the spay, her coat does not shed normally; it doesn't want to come out, it turns brown ( which it did before spaying, when it dies ) , and now it mat...
Views: 423   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jul 2, 2011 9:05pm
by something else t...
West Bend Wi
Does anyone have the results? Roy Jones can take a while to post.
Views: 227   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 2, 2011 4:22pm
by Also stuck at ho...
a
Aquila
inverted vulva,final outcomes
For those who have kept bitch pups with an inverted vulva, how many have met with the success of it resolving on first heat? Also,did these bitches produce it in their offspring? A friend has one and is asking if she should keep the pup. I have no experience on...
Views: 1373   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jul 2, 2011 3:14pm
by Patty
food help again
Has anyone fed Eagle Pack holistic food and if so did you get good results? I am open to suggestions for a good food-I was feeding Fromms but can't keep weight on with this food. Just looking for a food that will help with nice coat and smaller stools-my girl is a y...
Views: 447   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 2, 2011 7:55am
by ep fan
Breeding EIC Carrier?
I have done a search on the forum and I can't find the thread of what you could get when you breed an EIC carrier to a clear. Can someone please let me know how it works again. If you breed an EIC clear to a carrier what is the "most likely" result of the EIC status...
Views: 1146   Replies: 38
Last Post: Jul 1, 2011 11:27pm
by Question
Lost Dogs - Southwest Houston
Viola Charo in Southwest Houston (between 610 and 59) has had her two black girls get out. They are both microchipped but do not have collars on. If you see or hear anything, please give her a call at 713-865-0072.
Views: 325   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 1, 2011 7:04pm
by Pete
Gawky stages
OK maybe I have been really lucky. My keepers have not gone through the really gawky, leggy, ugly stages. There were times of course they looked better than others as they were maturing, but I always saw the potential... I now have a 12 month old boy. He was pick a...
Views: 643   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jul 1, 2011 4:58pm
by Agree
n
Litter - how are you doing in your area
I had a litter in April and still have found forever homes for 1/2 the litter. Things were good and then it dried up. I am in the South and have gone done considerably price wise. Is this the same for yourself?
Views: 923   Replies: 26
Last Post: Jul 1, 2011 4:12pm
by Labby bdr
New Pet Travel rules into the UK starting 01 January 2012
British Veterinary Association and British Small Animal Veterinary Association news release NEW PET TRAVEL RULES TO COME INTO FORCE IN 2012 Defra has announced that new rules on pet travel will be introduced from 1st January 2012. The changes will mean that the...
Views: 255   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 1, 2011 9:04am
by Anon today
Looking for a puppy buyer?
I have been looking for a labrador puppy for a long time and have reviewed numerous websites on line. (I don't want to have a puppy shipped to me without ever having viewed the dogs or met with the breeder), but a web page is an incredibly useful tool as a first sta...
Views: 793   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jun 30, 2011 4:08pm
by Lookng for a pup...
My New Understanding
I've sifted through the responses to my original post, and I really have learned something. I honestly had a pretty hard time accepting it, I brushed it off and tried to ignore it, but it just kept tickling the back of my mind. The truth has a way of doing that. :/...
Views: 850   Replies: 24
Last Post: Jun 30, 2011 1:36pm
by Breeder
Potomac Asia - what????
Okay - does anyone else find it tacky that the Thailand Lab people are calling their show "Potomac Asia"? Can they not find their own name? Did they ask the LRCP if they minded the use of the name to promote their show? http://www.thailanddogshow.com/content-POT...
Views: 622   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 30, 2011 12:56pm
by Olivia Nankivell
Vetericyn and Puracyn?
I have seen commercials for Vetericyn. The threads on Hot Spots, etc. reminded me of the product, which is said by the site to even be effective against MRSA. Does anyone have any experiences to relate with this product or pros and cons on it or its human medicine co...
Views: 692   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 30, 2011 12:25pm
by Sheila
d
Drew
Spay/Neuter contracts
I was just wondering how you guys word your akc limited registration contracts in reference to a spay/neuter agreement? Do you put a time line in the contract to show proof of procedure or not? I understand fully that people will breed a litter with a dog that is on...
Views: 466   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jun 29, 2011 10:16pm
by Unfortunate
b
Betsy
Dull coat
I have a 10-1/2-year-old chocolate male. I've noticed over the last year that his coat is not as shiny and healthy-looking as it used to be in his younger days. It seems dry and he sheds like there is no tomorrow. He is on regular Wellness CORE, has been since the...
Views: 437   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 29, 2011 9:03pm
by Laurel
UPDATE ON EMAILS AND CALLS (DOGS)
JUST WANTED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT I AM WORKING ON GETTING COMPUTER UP AND RUNNING. GOT ONE HOME COMPUTER WORKING TODAY BUT ARE HAVING TROUBLE GETTING EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE WORKING. I WILL GO TO THE COMPUTER SHOP TOMORROW TO TRY TO GET THINGS FIGURED OUT. ONCE I GE...
Views: 697   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 29, 2011 7:34pm
by Just another bdr
Showing an AKC-registered dog in Canada.
I am planning on taking my AKC-male to a Canadian show in August. I was looking at the CKC website and it looks like I need to obtain an ERN (event registration number) for my dog, within 30 days of the event. What I am wondering is, can I take him to the show, un...
Views: 318   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 29, 2011 7:19pm
by BDR
n
Shark Steam mop
Does anyone have one of these? If so, do you like it?
Views: 381   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 29, 2011 4:59pm
by Be careful using...
National Amateur Retriever Championship
The National Amateur Retriever Championship concluded Saturday, and the winner is FC/AFC Cody Curt a Lean Grade (Grady). This is especially poignant, as Grady was ill for quite a while as the result of a grass awn. Diagrams and photographs of the tests, plus a run...
Views: 380   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 29, 2011 1:10pm
by CM
Motives for breeding (my answer to Pet person)
I started a new thread because of the unbelievable length of the other (I can't believe I read the whole thing). Pet person apparently made her initial comment because a serious breeder refused to sell her a puppy. She seems to be disturbed by two things. 1....
Views: 728   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jun 29, 2011 9:16am
by and....
Pride is not a bad word
Just have to get away from the other thread. Having pride in what you do is not a bad thing. A job well done at work is something to be proud of, nothing wrong with being proud of a beautifully landscaped yard, having the talent for sewing, photography, and other...
Views: 674   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jun 29, 2011 3:02am
by Furrball
To Better the Breed - The ONLY Reason to Breed?
There seems to be a general consensus among the breeders on this forum that the only justifiable reason to breed is to "better the breed." Although there is plenty of disagreement regarding how our breed should be "bettered" (field vs. show, specialty vs. all breed,...
Views: 2340   Replies: 150
Last Post: Jun 29, 2011 2:44am
by Furrball
ME AND MY DOGS
JUST WANTED TO LET YOU ALL KNOW A LITTLE ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON IN MY LIFE. I DON'T WANT A BUNCH OF RUMORS GOING AROUND THAT ARE NOT TRUE.... SO HERE IS THE DEAL. IN THE LAST YEAR OR SO MY SIGNIFICANT OTHERS BUSINESS HAS WENT TO CRAP DUE TO THE ECONOMY. THIS HAS L...
Views: 946   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jun 28, 2011 11:49pm
by Phil Aperocho
happy feet
My boy lab is 2yrs old and will not keep his feet in place when being hand stacked,free stacks fine. Sure could like some help on this one.
Views: 334   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 28, 2011 7:43pm
by happy feet
Grass awns, foxtails killer mean seeds
FYI The National Amateur winner, Grady, this year almost died last year http://www.meanseeds.com/
Views: 308   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 28, 2011 3:06pm
by CM
Diarrhea before coming into heat?
Has anybody experienced that their bitches get diarrhea before they come into season for the first time? And at what age do your girls come in for the first time? TIA
Views: 178   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 28, 2011 2:52pm
by Breeder
RCLRC entries close tomorrow
Hi everyone, I just wanted to remind any of you who are planning on entering the Rose City specialty in Oregon that entries close tomorrow, June 29. Entries can be made at www.barayevents.com. I hope to see some of you there! Cindy Freeman Show chair
Views: 172   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 28, 2011 11:44am
by Cindy Freeman
orlando show
What happened in Orlando yesterday and today?
Views: 746   Replies: 32
Last Post: Jun 28, 2011 9:39am
by Breeder
Reminder RKC shows closing
Hi, Wanted to remind everyone that the Riverhead Kennel Club entries are due by June 29th at noon. The Labrador Retriever Club of Long Island is sponsoring all the trophies and there are two breeder judges: Michael Weist-Beechcroft Labradors Lori Bentin...
Views: 210   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 28, 2011 7:43am
by Michele McGroart...
LABRADORS LOOKING FOR HOMES & CALLS
IT IS BEST TO SEND ME A EMAIL THREW FACEBOOK IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN MY LABRADORS. I AM STILL EMOTIONALLY A WRECK AND HAVE GOT TO GET MYSELF TOGETHER AND THIS MIGHT TAKE ME A FEW DAYS.. THIS IS NOT THE ONLY THING I AM DEALING WITH AT THE MOMENT.. I WILL START ANSWER...
Views: 696   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 28, 2011 4:50am
by Pia Itkonen, Fin...
Bloody Hotspots
Is there a latest and greatest cure for those damn hotspots????
Views: 343   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jun 28, 2011 2:08am
by Riggerman
Saying Goodbye to our 16 year old
I always dislike it when a commenter brings a situation to the group and asks for help, but there is no closure. So... The day has come to let our 16 year old with kidney failure to move on to a place where there is no pain, never ending food, and lots of Labs to...
Views: 648   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jun 27, 2011 7:40pm
by so sad
Governor Perry Signs TX HB 1451 Into Law
Governor Perry Signs TX HB 1451 Into Law Print This Article [Friday, June 17, 2011] Texas Governor Rick Perry has signed House Bill 1451 into law. AKC opposed this legislation as it will negatively impact responsible owners and breeders and will not improve...
Views: 365   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 27, 2011 5:27pm
by RINO
TVD what is it and what can be done to prevent it?
I was reading another thread and TVD was mentioned a good bit. I was wondering it anyone would be willing to share what it is and what affects it has on dogs. From what im gathering there isn't a DNA test 100% accurate right?
Views: 373   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 27, 2011 3:33pm
by Rachael
Nebraska KC... Omaha, NE
I am trying to build a major in Omaha next month. Entries close on Wednesday and we need 3 more boys for a major!! We are very close since AKC lowered the point count for majors!! It now takes 12 dogs and 19 bitches for a major. We are sitting at 9 dogs and 11 bi...
Views: 202   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 27, 2011 3:25pm
by Rachael
Just something to think about?
I have been reading so much about EIC all the comments and studies to arrive at this point. Here is my BIG question with 1/3 of the Lab population at least carriers,(so says UM) well you all know that there would have to be thousands and I mean thousands of affecteds...
Views: 457   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 27, 2011 12:32pm
by windycanyon
Interesting observation on Specialty numbers
Having grown up "Labs" in CA, I remember the days of huge specialty shows. I attended my first specialty show in Southern California (LRCSC) in September of 1985. I can't believe that was 26 years ago! The following spring in March 1986, I attended the GGLRC in Nor...
Views: 442   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 27, 2011 11:23am
by disgusted
yeasty ears in pregnant girl
I have Hydrocortisone FREE Zymox but I'm agfraid to use it. Any other ideas?
Views: 213   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 27, 2011 10:13am
by me
Dog Trainers/classes in IL
Looking to help a friend get her puppy/her to a good trainer. she has a 7 month old lab that is in need of trainer ( but so does she). She lives North of Chicago IL. Any help would be great. She is willing to drive
Views: 230   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 27, 2011 9:44am
by Phil Aperocho
k
katie
Has anyone had experience with this?
I am looking for some help - has anything like this ever happened to anyone? Tues I had my 6 year old girl out in the yard with a few of her friends - She had breakfast and treats and was acting just fine. Put her in a crate to go to work at about 12:40. A littl...
Views: 459   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 27, 2011 2:34am
by Robin
EIC and Stud Dogs
I was just reading the posts about Ingen and ran across one in which the breeder stated that he/she wouldn't use a stud dog that had not been tested for EIC. I understand that. However, I have seen EIC clears with pedigrees that are very suspicious for other disease...
Views: 731   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jun 26, 2011 5:06pm
by Furrball
What exactly is a fox red?
OK I was reading the thread on fox reds and admit I know little to nothing about them. Could you please tell me the difference between a Labrador that is very dark yellow with the red shades and tones, and a real fox red Labrador? Do you need to color test them? Do t...
Views: 451   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 26, 2011 12:48pm
by Gregg
Food for thought
I struggle to understand the attitude towards the various tests available to help us evaluate a potential breeding. These tests were developed to help us breed healthy dogs. We are in some ways very lucky to have such a diverse and numerically strong gene pool in w...
Views: 293   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 26, 2011 1:10am
by Laurel
LABRADORS LOOKING FOR HOMES
TO ALL MY LABRADOR FRIENDS. IT IS WITH GREAT REGRET THAT I AM DOING THIS POST. AS MOST OF YOU KNOW MY LIFE HAS BECOME SOME WHAT OF A MESS THESE DAYS, WITH THAT SAID I HAVE DECIDED THAT IT IS TIME TO MAKE SOME BIG CHANGES IN MY LIFE, WITH MAKING THESE CHANGES THEIR WI...
Views: 1377   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jun 25, 2011 11:15pm
by Leeda
?
?
anti-biotics and ears
has anyone ever had a dog develop ear issues after being on an anti biotic? (red inflamed) If so any suggestions
Views: 286   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 25, 2011 10:25pm
by Be Sure
prenatal care
so, I know I am sure to get many different responses. But still would like to hear them. Do people stop giving supplements, such as, dasuquine and fish oil to their bitches when they have been bred? INterceptor or heartguard?
Views: 352   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 25, 2011 6:46pm
by play it safe
j
justme
Great site!!!!!!!!!!! Can-I-give-my-dog ?
Have any of you seen this site and all the information on here? I was extremely surprised by it and how accurate it seems to be. *Can-I-Give-My-Dog* http://www.marvelousproducts.com/Can-I-give-my-dog-p/information-can-i-give-my-dog.htm
Views: 629   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 25, 2011 6:22pm
by valwhalen
Dandruff in newly spay girl
Before I bath her, I was thinking medicated shampoo ? She was just spayed and all of a sudden blowing coat like crazy and dandruff that she has never had before ? Please, I would appreciate any hints for treating/bathing her ? 30/16 food is what she is on. Fish oil...
Views: 196   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 25, 2011 2:08pm
by brdr
DNA profile on stud
How does a stud dog get his DNA profile to the AKC?
Views: 328   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 25, 2011 3:42am
by Julie Langhans
ingen results on time
I just wanted to let people know that I just received EIC result from Ingen 3 weeks after they received them.
Views: 500   Replies: 23
Last Post: Jun 24, 2011 10:36pm
by Your priorities
n
Panacur & nursing moms
Is it ok to give panacur to a mom with 3 week old pups?
Views: 392   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 24, 2011 9:40pm
by breeder
Would you keep him?
Would you keep the pick male puppy of your litter who is a top show prospect after you tested him for EIC and the results came back that he is a carrier?
Views: 973   Replies: 28
Last Post: Jun 24, 2011 6:13pm
by G.L.
Clear by parentage - for females
The clear by parentage topic has me thinking. I personally like to see studs cleared themselves. But what about the females? I am soon going to be breeding a girl where both parents were EIC clear. Should I clear her, or just go on her parentage? What would/do y...
Views: 357   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 24, 2011 1:18pm
by ? (original ? p...
LRCPV Critiques
Hi all, We have only received Nancy's critiques. I do not believe we will be receiving any others. I posted a link on our Club site, Specialty page under the wins and before the pictures. I have been very lax posting pictures, I will get to them. I have 9 pups now...
Views: 402   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 24, 2011 11:09am
by Dev'Sun Labrador...
Wonderful Story - World's first dog with Prosthetic paws (all 4 of them)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/22/bionic-dog-prosthetic-paws-video_n_882448.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec3_lnk2%7C72452
Views: 316   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 23, 2011 9:09pm
by Tiffany
LRCC, Inc Canada National Specialty Basket Challenge plus Links
The 2011 LRCC, Inc National Show Committee would like to invite everyone to participate in a Basket Challenge being held July 30th, 2011 in Orillia Ontario in conjunction with the National. Each region within the LRCC is invited to donate a basket for auction. For t...
Views: 214   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 23, 2011 5:49pm
by LRCC, Inc
Puppy Packs - What's Included?
I am preparing my puppy go-home packets and was wondering what items some of you may include. Handouts, brochures, etc... Any links to helpful articles? Thanks for any input!
Views: 295   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 23, 2011 5:42pm
by Moderate Labs
?
???
Stool issues
Been having some soft stool issues with my boy here lately. I upped his food to 5 cups per day about three weeks ago and just about every day since he has had soft stools. He's up-to-date on all shots, de-wormed, vet checked him out and said everything's good. He'...
Views: 350   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 23, 2011 5:39pm
by *
r
rare
majocchi granuloma
Has anyone ever had experience with this-my sisters dog has this on the top of its muzzle-the pup is 6 mos old. Dermatologist is prescribing a special compound to try and treat it but if not she will need surg. TIA
Views: 210   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 23, 2011 1:39pm
by rare
n
OFA
I did prelims on my 6 month old. The reason for doing prelims early is because I have had elbow issues with males I have purchased before and didn't want to wait until he turned two to find out he had a problem, I had almost finished a championship on the previous ma...
Views: 919   Replies: 38
Last Post: Jun 22, 2011 7:35pm
by Kate Fulkerson, ...
PennHIP and OFA
For those who are interested in PennHIP and how it compares with OFA evaluations, PennHIP has a new blog manned by Dr. Wright who will answer questions. You can also post questions and correspond with other PennHIP users on the PennHIP Facebook place. Of course...
Views: 312   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 22, 2011 7:18pm
by Got an EIC Carri...
OFA is unreliable
I sold a puppy with a hip, elbow and eye guarantee. Our guarantee states the OFA makes the final decision if there is displasia. Buyer said the dog was limping and had x rays taken and immediately had a $3000 exploritory surgery done. After the surgery we were suppli...
Views: 1475   Replies: 37
Last Post: Jun 22, 2011 6:23pm
by Breeder
For those that DON'T feed puppy food
For those that don't feed puppy food, do any of you have any links to articles supporting this that you can pass along? Thanks in advance,
Views: 544   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 22, 2011 6:20pm
by Good Eats
Large puppies
I was speaking to another breeder the other day, and I mentioned that my now 3 week old litter of 6 puppies were all around 13-15oz. at birth. She adamantly stated that she would not be happy with such a size. Reading this forum and others, it seems that it is in...
Views: 569   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jun 22, 2011 3:32pm
by Me Too
c
CM
Custom Leather Collars/Leashes, etc.
FYI: http://www.circlemcustomhides.com/Home.html
Views: 305   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 22, 2011 1:49pm
by CM
Isn't Winnebago this weekend?
Any results yet? Please.
Views: 541   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jun 22, 2011 12:26pm
by Tina Jewett
The # of Clearances
We labrador breeders do a TON of clearances on our dogs. The basic standards are hip, elbows, cerf annually, Optigen, EIC, Echo and maybe coat color inheritance. Yes, I know there are a few others on top of these, but I do think those are the basic 6-7 clearances....
Views: 755   Replies: 25
Last Post: Jun 22, 2011 12:55am
by Just Me
Witness Relaxin Test
The Witness Relaxin Pregnancy Test...has anybody used it, and is it reliable? I see I can pick it up from Revival Animal for $125 for 5 tests, and it looks pretty easy. I just don't want to waste the money if it doesn't put out accurate results. TIA
Views: 375   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 21, 2011 9:50pm
by Is She, or Isnt ...
Need OFA Vet in Northern CA
Looking for a recommendation of a GREAT OFA vet in Northern California. I know of BVS, the mobile vet clinic that attends shows, but would appreciate any other names in the Northern California area. Thank you!
Views: 207   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 21, 2011 6:42pm
by Al
Another brag from LRCGB!!
I first want to say congrats to all the winners up at the LRCGB!!! Maybe next year I'll be able to go!! Big Big Congrats for Robin Magee for her girl Wilcare Chaos @ Windy Ridge aka Taz for going Winners Bitch and Best of Winners!!! She sure is a Rock Star!! N...
Views: 380   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 21, 2011 6:32pm
by breeder
CNM Testing
Lately, I've noticed several dogs having their CNM Clearance. Curious as to thoughts about this test..is it the New Norm for Clearances?
Views: 366   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 21, 2011 5:50pm
by peggy Stevens
a
Anon
Electric fences
I understand that it is recommended to wait for a puppy to be 6 months old to train to an invisible fence. Just wondering if anyone has tried to acclimate younger pups, and if so, what your experience was. TIA
Views: 406   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 21, 2011 1:40pm
by Have one
How can you tell ?
I have a nice boy about to be finished. I have had some interest. How do you check out breeder asking about him ? Have one that makes me nervous, she has alot of litters, no titles, and mostly breeds to her own dogs. Want to protect my pedigree after all this expense...
Views: 685   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jun 21, 2011 1:38pm
by Sick and Tired
b
barb
thank you brag
On Thursday I had my 11 year old bitch entered at the LRCGB specialty... she is not a typey dog but she looks like a lab and is fairly great having titled in Obedience, rally (3 venues) Agility (1 venue) and having over 250 therapy dog visits to her credit.. She won...
Views: 478   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 21, 2011 10:54am
by Barbara Roosevel...
Labrador Retreiver Club of Greater Boston Obedience/Rally Rings.
I would like to compliment LRCGB Obedience and Rally Chairs Gerrie Owren and Gayle Abrams on the outstanding success of these rings.They were run efficently with expertise. All Chief Stewards were very patient and knowledgeable about all questions I asked. And not...
Views: 227   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 21, 2011 10:29am
by Julia
m
Mary
New Lyme Test
http://ahdc.vet.cornell.edu/docs/Lyme_Disease_Multiplex_Testing_for_Dogs.pdf
Views: 336   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 21, 2011 9:39am
by Barbara
Duck suppliers in Ont/ Quebec
Hi there, We are looking for a supplier in Ont/ Quebec of ducks for training. TIA
Views: 229   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 20, 2011 10:58pm
by Phil Aperocho
New American Champion!
Congratulations to Betsy Broyd for finishing her beautiful girl Ch Devonshire's Hanky Panky at Ridgecrest "Tease" yesterday at Bryn Mawr. Congratulations also goes out to her breeder Allison Hilius. Way to go Tease and Betsy!!!!
Views: 560   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 20, 2011 9:50pm
by The Other Beth
l
Linda
Ears
What do you use to clean out yeasty ears. Thank you
Views: 466   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 20, 2011 6:30pm
by Hear hear
Canada semen shipping
I want to do a breeding to a Canadian Ch Stud dog. I read a post the other day about some problems about importing semen? Is it really a problem, or this person just had bad luck? Please advise.
Views: 296   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 20, 2011 5:35pm
by Canadian
"Clear by Parentage"
Would you breeders share your thoughts, please, on breeding to a dog who is PRA "Clear by Parentage"? I am getting ready to breed my beautiful BISS bitch, who is a carrier. I love this boy, but I'm not sure I want to trust the "clear by parentage" designation....
Views: 772   Replies: 34
Last Post: Jun 20, 2011 4:01pm
by Sick and Tired
K-9 Show Stopper
Anyone use this product? opinions? Thanks!
Views: 491   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 20, 2011 2:05pm
by Michelle
need best OFA vet in MO
I am looking for the best OFA vet in Missouri (preferable St Louis or Springfield Area) The last time my vet did x-rays, OFA sent them back because they were not positioned correctly. Thank you
Views: 253   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 20, 2011 1:30pm
by Terri
Tail Question for Lab Judges
Have a beautiful three month old lab pup that has a tiny bump and bend on the end of the tail-would this be a problem in the show ring?
Views: 756   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 20, 2011 8:13am
by Lab Breeder
t
Toni
New Issue Of Retriever Life Online Magazine
Hi folks, The third issue of our online magazine, Retriever Life, has just hit the web. This month has a lot of hunting games related articles and a great recipe for Pasta Cabonara. Join the fun! If you have stories you would like to share with our readers let...
Views: 252   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 19, 2011 11:13pm
by Toni
h
Home
Texarkana
Any results that anyone could post would be appreciated.
Views: 276   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 19, 2011 11:00pm
by Page
p
Patty
BB stud dogs
Looking for BB stud dogs with clearances. Need recommendations.
Views: 485   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 19, 2011 7:43pm
by Search :-)
nice camera to start making great pics
Hello everyone! I'm planning on taking a hobby photography course for beginners and getting myself a nice camera to make great pictures of my dogs.. I'm a layman on the photography topic... can somebody give me references on a nice camera to start? Easy to hand...
Views: 498   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jun 19, 2011 5:37pm
by cindy ellis
p
Peggy
constipation
My 5 week old pup is constipated. Any suggestions? TIA
Views: 283   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 19, 2011 5:25pm
by Peggy
l
Lisa
Greater Boston Speciaty - Thank You
The LRCGB we would like to thank everyone for attending our Specialty. Congratulations to all of the winners. Beautiful dogs and lovely puppies. Results are posted on Infodog. Thank you to all of the folks who volunteered their time to make the show fun and s...
Views: 456   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 19, 2011 1:19pm
by Kathy Cipriani
Reason for 16 Year Old Not Eating
Last week I posted about my 16 year old Lab with the poor appetite and the loose stools. Well, after a series of lab tests, we confirmed what we suspected. She has Chronic Kidney failure..her creatinine levels are elevated, but her BUN levels show the most increase,...
Views: 552   Replies: 22
Last Post: Jun 19, 2011 12:55pm
by Final gift
Labrador Retriever Club Of Greater Boston - Friday 06/17/11
Congratualtions to Jean-Louis Blais and CH Chablais Chouchou for Taking BOB.. What a Gorgeous Bitch and Handsome Fellow.. Big Cheers to Jean- Loius for for winning The Spectacular Basket at The LRCGB Raffle Table..
Views: 495   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 19, 2011 12:37pm
by Jan
Kennel name left off
Has anyone ever had a stud owner remove your kennel name from a registered name? A stud owner took a pup from a litter of a friend of mine and when she sent the registration papers to her she wrote her kennel name in, and left the rest blank for the stud owner to fil...
Views: 1057   Replies: 22
Last Post: Jun 18, 2011 11:44pm
by Robin
Lectro heating pad users
I just purchased the indoor/outdoor large heating pad for my whelping box. The instructions say that I need to purchase the thermostat to regulate the amount of heat. Can anyone tell me how warm the pad will get and do I really need the thermostat ?? I am expectin...
Views: 369   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 18, 2011 9:15pm
by Linda Curpier
North Shore KC Show
Congratulations to Claire White-Peterson and Cathy Straub-Benedict on their boy Cabin's Moonraker Caper, AKA "Caper's" WD, BOW and BOB win today at the North Shore KC dog show. Seems like the PRLRC girls are having a great weekend!
Views: 298   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 18, 2011 2:56pm
by Melody Losea
Ovuplant implants to brig girls in season Help
I just called Dr Hutchinson's office & spoke to a repro tech, and she said they no longer sell the Ovuplant implant kits to vets. But they do the implants there at their office. So my question, is there someone closer to MO that does this procedure?
Views: 310   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 18, 2011 11:21am
by MWK
Need help; advice
My brothers six month old puppy got bitten by a "stray-house dog". The dog that bit our puppy is sort of a house dog, that has access outside, meaning the dog can go outside anytime it pleases. My concern is about the rabies, though my brothers puppy just got it's...
Views: 456   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 17, 2011 9:50pm
by Phil Aperocho
Pro Plan Puppy - ARGHHH!!!
Apparently there's an announcement in the latest ProClub Newsletter that Pro Plan Puppy will be "reformulated" to a shredded blend. Gosh *&^%*& - when will Purina understand that screwing with their formulas is NOT a good thing??? Anyone know any more about this?
Views: 528   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 17, 2011 8:53pm
by Marci Sale
Umbilical hernia
My pick puppy has it all. Plus! She also has an umbilical hernia. Do I dare keep her, or is this a game breaker?
Views: 327   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 17, 2011 5:22pm
by Leslee Pope
Views: 288   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 17, 2011 4:49pm
by new englander
Frozen Semen Stud Contract Details?
Have had a request for my boy for a breeding. He is 13 yrs old. I had him collected at age 4. I have offered frozen semen to the breeder. Until now, I have only used the straws on my own girls with success. What details do you put into the stud contract? Fee?...
Views: 315   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 17, 2011 9:51am
by Kim/Pirate
c
CM
Pedigree Building Program
What do you use & would you recommend it?? If so...why? And if not....why not? Must be functional on a PC and Mac and not require a computer science degree to use it. TIA!
Views: 407   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 17, 2011 8:54am
by Laura Dedering
hormones to make my girl come in season
Does any one know if there are hormone meds to make a female come in season. I have missed my girl the past 2 years. She is 6 1/2 , and I cannot afford to waist any more time because she is getting up in age. She is a well bred girl, and has had 2 litters in the p...
Views: 415   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jun 17, 2011 7:33am
by breeder
A Message from Southeastern Guide Dogs
There have been several posts on this board recently about Southeastern Guide Dogs (SEGD), including a few with responses by me and others. Rather than respond to every post and be perceived as spamming the board, I thought I would post one message to try to put all...
Views: 813   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jun 16, 2011 11:25pm
by John Bauer
How much peroxide to induce vomitting?
Just watched my 1 yo grab a my child's sock in the back yard and swallow it before my very eyes - arrggghh1 How much peroxide do you give to induce vomitting?
Views: 371   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 16, 2011 9:48pm
by BBI Labs
Boston LRC Results Anyone?
Any results/brags from Boston today??
Views: 488   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 16, 2011 5:35pm
by nicole
Why we love these dogs!!!
smile and have a wonderful day!!! http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelligencerreport/boy_dog.html
Views: 365   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 16, 2011 2:06pm
by Breeder
New Mom Won't Eat
I have a new mom who gave birth to 11 puppies by c-section yesterday and today doesn't want anything to do with food. Her milk supply is low. I have given her chicken breast meat, but she isn't interested in anything else. Any suggestions?
Views: 256   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 16, 2011 12:25pm
by MikeM
Stud Dog Owners
Would you breed to a bitch that was prelimed normal @ 18 months and also had a PennHip rating but didn't have OFA finals done? This bitch is three.
Views: 798   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jun 16, 2011 12:08pm
by No doubt
#1 breeder
Where is the thread stating Carol Heidl as the top Breeder? Ty
Views: 549   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 16, 2011 11:36am
by need help
Good luck at Boston today everyone!
Wish I was there! Someone please keep us posted!
Views: 164   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 16, 2011 7:26am
by Stuck At Home
Dark Eye
What do you consider a dark eye on a chocolate? Mine seem to all have brown eyes that match their coats. There's no doubt that my dark brown bitch has matching dark brown eyes. I keep seeing folks say "OH what a nice dark eye" ...even on puppies. And when I loo...
Views: 304   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 15, 2011 7:49pm
by Breeder
?
???
Are we doing the breed a disservice?
We have someone who's dog doesn't seem to cycle at all...one that cycles too frequently, yet both want to breed their bitches. Did we ever think that maybe nature is sending up a big old sign that we just don't bother reading...if you can't get the girl pregnant...
Views: 695   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jun 15, 2011 6:47pm
by Breeder
l
labs
loss of pigment on chocolate lab
A family sent me some photos of their boy I sold them 6 years ago. I noticed in the photos at about age 2 years he started to lose pigment coloring around his lips and on very front of nose near the lips. He is a very dark boy with excellent pigment. What would...
Views: 360   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 15, 2011 1:54pm
by pink
Optigen Discount until 6/17
Just heard about this last night, thought I'd share. If you register online for an Optigen test by 6/17, use code HotDog11, you get 25% off the test. You have awhile after that to send in the blood sample, I think 30 days.
Views: 249   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 15, 2011 12:53pm
by Oldtimer
Litter reg coupon
HI-Anybody have a akc litter registration coupon there not using? Thanks!
Views: 223   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 15, 2011 10:36am
by well....
j
JO
low litter numbers
•Several US farmers reported sterility or fertility problems among pigs and cows fed on GM corn varieties could be the corn in some of the dog foods is causing us problems too? http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/06/14/why-are-there-so-...
Views: 370   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 15, 2011 10:27am
by mwk
Will this older puppy grow more?
I have a puppy dog that is 8.5 months old and he is 21.5" and very accurately measured. Has anyone had any experiences with keeping a male that seems smaller that did grow or didn't grow? At what age would you stop holding out hope that he would grow more? Just tr...
Views: 427   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 15, 2011 10:02am
by Joy
problems with heat cycles
I have been waiting for 2 + years for my girl to come in season again. She has had 2 litters previously, and she is now 6.
Views: 332   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 15, 2011 7:36am
by BRDR II
Frequent Seasons
Where would one start? Seasons every 4 months. Blowing coat down to skin. Not much flow when in season. Does have a false pregnancy about 4 weeks out. Have had thyroid checked. Blood workup is fine. I would really like to breed her soon. Is repro vet next...
Views: 237   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 15, 2011 12:36am
by Breeder
a
Ann
Swimmer
I never paid attach to the threads about swimmers. I have a 4 week old swimmer. Any suggestions? Thank you
Views: 384   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 14, 2011 7:29pm
by JMO
j
JRH
What does your guarantee say/cover?
The posting about the terrible OFA experience (see "OFA is Unreliable") has me thinking about rewriting my guarantee. Long time breeders, what does your guarantee say/cover?
Views: 560   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 14, 2011 7:22pm
by Ideas
t
Travis
Question on pre-lims
Was just wondering what most of you have tested with pre-lims? I know Hips/Elbows, CERF and Echo are a must, but wasn't sure if EIC needs done at 12 months or not? Also curious as to where I would get the Echo/EIC testing done? TIA
Views: 431   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 14, 2011 5:53pm
by peggy Stevens
Canadian show results
Is there a website where you can look at results of shows in Canada?
Views: 291   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 14, 2011 3:56pm
by Wag The Dog (1)
Eastern Ontario Labrador Breeders Association (E.O.L.B.A.) Premium List is Now Available
The Eastern Ontario Labrador Breeders Association Premium List is now available at: http://www.mjnshowservices.com/mjnplists/limestonepl2011.pdf We are offering back to back specialty shows on Saturday July 23rd (Specialty Show with Sweepstakes)and Sunday July...
Views: 272   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 14, 2011 2:40pm
by Joanne Fernall
k
Kathy
DEGENERATIVE MYELOPATHY
My nearly 13 year old male Labrador has degenerative myelopathy. What has anyone else done to help their dogs with this? Does acupuncture work at all? My vet wrote out two prescriptions for me to be filled at a compounding pharmacy. I printed out the info from th...
Views: 606   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jun 14, 2011 10:10am
by Oldtimer
Unsightly Blemishes
I have 2 lovely girls who have marks on their faces that I believe are the result of insect bites. They're immediately above the right eye (on one) and left eye (on the other) -- and look horrible. They're about the size of a small white, hard pimple -- and have not...
Views: 326   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 14, 2011 9:36am
by breeder38
entropeon in upper & lower eye lids??
we just placed a beautiful lab in a wonderful pet home becuase he was diagnosised with entropeon in lower eye lids approx 6 months by my vet. Their vet checked him at 7 months, and confirms entropeon in lower eye lids, but also suspects entropeon in upper eye lids...
Views: 352   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 14, 2011 5:05am
by breeder
Nestle Purina Nabs Westminster KC sponsorship
http://tinyurl.com/3b3ly7w Nestle Purina Nabs Westminster KC sponsorship, replacing Pedigree
Views: 376   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 14, 2011 3:11am
by Happy Person
puppy chow
At what age do you stop feeding your pups puppy kibble, and why? Mine is now six months old and I was going to go to adult food but DH thinks we should continue on because the pup looks so good.
Views: 275   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 13, 2011 11:52pm
by Oldtimer
Any experience with Demodectic (Demodex) Mange???
Question for those who have experience, because I've never dealt with this. One of my 6 month pups went to the vet the other day and the vet said that there is a patch on her pastern about the size of a half dollar that was scraped and found to be demodex. He tol...
Views: 725   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 13, 2011 11:06pm
by Breeder 800
Frozen semen article
http://www.theriojournal.com/article/S0093-691X(11)00117-8/abstract
Views: 330   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 13, 2011 1:22pm
by Oh Thanks!
Getting a 16 year old Lab to Eat
I am looking for ideas about getting a 16 year old Lab to eat. She will eat some things...like chicken breast, but too much protein gives her GI tract the urge to purge. Kibbles, low residue prescription food, various can food...all fail to get her to eat enough. I a...
Views: 731   Replies: 40
Last Post: Jun 13, 2011 9:34am
by Starfish
Funny video
My son couldn't help adding the theme music from JAWS to a video he made of our Amelia feeding her puppies. I call it Feeding Frenzy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iymj0SVAmNg
Views: 227   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 13, 2011 5:12am
by Anne Grant
Debarking???
Just read a msg on Craig's list. Free. Good home needed for 7 y.o. lab (retired breeding dog) from reputable breeder. Wonderful dog, etc. etc. Was de-barked by breeder. Not spayed. Have only had her for two months. I can't believe that a Labrador should hav...
Views: 600   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jun 12, 2011 10:04pm
by curious
Labrador Life Line Cyber Show
This is your call for entries for the Labrador Life Line Cyber Show which runs through Friday June 17th. Snap away! This annual fundraiser is your opportunity to share in our mutual love of Labs and to "show off" your Lab(s) too. And what if you don't own a lab?...
Views: 294   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 12, 2011 6:36pm
by Barbara Roosevel...
Critiques from LRCPV
The thread inquiring about the LRCP critiques got me wondering if anyone has heard anything about the LRCPV critiques.....
Views: 299   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 12, 2011 3:02pm
by Dev'Sun Labrador...
addresses please
Hello I am in need of addresses... Please email me privately 1. Sara Crepeaus 2. Norman Grenier 3. Jen Leitao
Views: 387   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 12, 2011 10:07am
by Diane
Masticatory muscle myositis
Has anyone ever had experience with this disease? A 6 month old puppy that I sold has been possibly diagnosed with this but the final results of the test will not be back to the vet for 10 - 14 days. It started with the puppy not being able to open her mouth and w...
Views: 308   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 12, 2011 9:31am
by Michelle Lewis
Judges Critiques
Any idea when the other critiques will be available? http://lrcp.com/
Views: 390   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 12, 2011 8:57am
by curious
Puppy to Hawaii
What carriers would you suggest using for taking a puppy from Connecticut to Hawaii? Puppy would be traveling in the cabin with a person. Should they make the trip all at once or maybe have a day on the West Coast before completing the trip? Thanks for your help!
Views: 511   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 9, 2011 12:22pm
by Maui Bound
k
Kathy
Circling puppy-weird behavior?
I have a litter of just 5 week old puppies and the smallest of the litter, a very light yellow male(white actually), seems to do this thing where if he seems unsure about something he circles and circles. I have never seen this type of behavior with any puppies in m...
Views: 694   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jun 9, 2011 9:43am
by Kathy
Tractor Supply 10% off coupon, in-store or online, including dog food
If you all have a Tractor Supply store near you, here's a link to a 10% off coupon for in-store or online which you can use storewide, even for dog food! Good from the 8th-12th. Only limitation is can't use with another coupon. http://www.tractorsupply.com/wcss...
Views: 395   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 9, 2011 8:45am
by El
m
Mary
I Don't Know Their Story
I don’t know her name….I don’t know her family…I don’t know their story. But I do know a bit about how her story ended. I took my boy to the vet late this afternoon for a short visit – we are in the midst of the loading phase of...
Views: 1093   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jun 8, 2011 9:34pm
by Patty Snow
Heads up! IABCA No Longer UCI Affiliated
I know that IABCA is not popular with some (or many), but just a heads up for those that do show there or were considering it... IABCA has either lost or given up their UCI license. For those who aren't aware of what that means, UCI (Union Cynologie International...
Views: 837   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jun 8, 2011 7:01pm
by Simple Truth
A Health Warning for All of us
I am posting a copy of an email from a friend of mine in Queensland, Australia. Mark may be known to some of you. He is now, fortunately on the road to recovery. *************************************************** Dear friends and fellow Labrador enthusiast...
Views: 748   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 8, 2011 1:18pm
by Patty Snow
Advanced Maternal Age
What is the the thinking or experience from other breeders about breeding a dam over 7,8,9+ years old who has had several litters already? AKC gives 12 years as their limit in registering a litter. No matter what, just because it can be done doesn't mean it should...
Views: 1014   Replies: 28
Last Post: Jun 8, 2011 9:50am
by Breeder
Air Purifier/Filter
Has anyone ever used a Rabbit Air Purifier? I am looking for an air purifier to help cut down on the dust we get that comes along with having 8 dogs, us living on a dirt road, and having carpet! One day we will pull up the carpet and put down hardwoods, but for now...
Views: 153   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 8, 2011 9:24am
by NewbieABC
LabraData Stud Finder
Try the new feature! http://labradata.org/DB/StudFinderIntro.pdf
Views: 365   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 8, 2011 7:54am
by Heather
GPLRC results
I finally had a chance to type them up. These were the results that I had marked in my catalog.Not sure on the Day 2 JAM. Unoffical results: Greater Pittsburgh LRC 2011 Day 1 BIS- CH KIMLEIGH’S ONCE IN A BLUE MOON- ANNE MAYNARD BOW- CAER BREN’S R...
Views: 359   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 8, 2011 6:08am
by thank you!
Liver drops for small puppy? Recipe?!
I just had my litter the morning of June 6th and all the pups were over a pound except one girl, she was 11 ounces. I checked fro clef pallet and she is fine. She was fine with nursing and moving around the box most of yesterday and part of today. Last night she weig...
Views: 255   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 7, 2011 10:16pm
by Shelley
Popular Dogs
Thought this article discusses some things very relevant to Lab breeding today that we should all give more consideration. It is reprinted with permission. The Price of Popularity: Popular Sires and Population Genetics C.A. Sharp Consider the hypothetical cas...
Views: 1004   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jun 7, 2011 4:59pm
by ?
Mini 5 question
Do most of you with several stud dogs use the Mini 5 all the time now ? Do any order the extender from other places ? I have not had a stud dog in about 5 years. Know things change all the time.
Views: 403   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jun 7, 2011 3:32pm
by Done it
My Exciting LOC Brag
Staghorn had a GREAT weekend at LOC this year. My little black youngsters out of Callie and Eagle, (Am/Can Ch Staghorn's Bearridge Caliber x Can Ch Castlegar Lubberline The Eagle) did some pretty exciting winning for a couple of Jr puppies on their first weekend out....
Views: 670   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 7, 2011 10:05am
by Linda@Staghorn
Another LOC brag
I'm so pleased that Hampton Rolling Stone (Mick) took second in the bred by class and then went on to win Reserve at the LOC on Saturday. Sunday he also took second in the bred by class. It was a great time and the committee did a wonderful job both days, it was a...
Views: 264   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 7, 2011 9:39am
by Linda@Staghorn
raising non chewers??
To all you beendoingitalongtimers, are there any of you who typically raise puppies who end up chewing less than the average Labrador? And how do you do it? Thanks for any tips.
Views: 370   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 6, 2011 10:18pm
by Bonnie Anthony M...
Tylan For Young Puppies
I know pups less than 10 pounds get 1/16 of a tsp of tylan powder as the recommended dosage. However, I am wondering if it is safe for young pups 10 days old that all weigh 2.5 pounds or more? They have had watery diarrhea for a few days now and I want to start them....
Views: 328   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 6, 2011 6:42pm
by ?
LOC Specialty Show Results Sunday June 5, 2011
Best in Specialty Show Paradox Obsidian (B) Karen & John Helmers 04/28/2009 Breeder: Owners by Paradox Hunterleigh Quinn ex Dry Creek Paradox Onyx. Best of Opposite Sex Piccadilly's Hidden Covey (Y) Nicole McCarthy 01/16/2009 Breeder: Owner by Lobuff Bobwhite a...
Views: 350   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 6, 2011 5:25pm
by Sue @ Kilmaurs
Bravo! Issues Nationwide Recall of Bravo! Pig Ears
Bravo! Issues Nationwide Recall of Bravo! Pig Ears Dog Chews Because of Possible Salmonella Health Risk Contact: Consumer: 866.922.9222 www.bravorawdiet.com FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - June 3, 2011 – Bravo! is voluntarily recalling select boxes of Bra...
Views: 287   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 6, 2011 3:06pm
by W. coast bdr
f
Fil
Windswept's Rip Tide
Congratulations Gail Rathbun the breeder of "Rip" and owner/trainer Bill Slutsky on the first leg of Rip's JH. Rip isn't a year old yet, but has been draging ducks and geese around since he was a puppy. Who say's confirmation labs can hunt! Master hunter of bust.
Views: 571   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 6, 2011 3:00pm
by Another bdr
Need help getting a puppy to Rochester NY
Hi all, I'm trying to get a 3.5 month puppy (in a 300 crate) to Rochester, NY this weekend and was wondering if any one is traveling out that way. Absolutely happy to help with expenses. I know it's a long shot but with the obedience trials in Buffalo and Syracu...
Views: 327   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 6, 2011 12:35pm
by breeder
LOC Results Saturday June 4, 2011
Saturday June 4 2011 Best In Specialty Show Ch Madabout's Say Cheese Please (C) Bitch Janice Kivimaki & Henry Morin 07/20/2006 Breeder: Owners by Ch Chablais Sudden Impact ex Ch Staghorn Hot Toddy at Madabout. Best of Opposite Sex CH Tabatha's Autumn Rustle...
Views: 381   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 6, 2011 12:28pm
by Dawn van Nostran...
grabbing necks in play
Two of my dogs grab each others' necks in play and one dog has constant draining scabs. I'm about to try one of those bitter tasting sprays. Will this work? I hate keeping them apart but I have done this the last couple of weeks.
Views: 610   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 6, 2011 8:36am
by breeder
Male maturation
At what age do you consider a male puppy sexually mature? I'm not talking about the age he should be first bred, I'm referring to the age at which a male Lab pup is capable of impregnating a female. TIA.
Views: 483   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 6, 2011 12:43am
by NHL
Spray Bottles
Has anyone found a spray bottle that lasts longer than 6 months! I just went to clean the puppy box and the trigger stopped pumping. Grrrrr. I feel like I should buy stock in the spray bottle companies. Maybe I should just invent one that works for years and make eno...
Views: 369   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 5, 2011 11:50pm
by newbie
b
Ben
L.O.C.
Any results from LOC? Was the show affected by the heavy thunder storms in the area?
Views: 489   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 5, 2011 6:59pm
by Wag the Dog (1)
Southeastern Guidedogs, Inc
Does anyone here have experience or work with this particular program? They contacted me today regarding my dogs. I noticed on their site they breed mixes of labs and goldens- is this common practice for guide dog programs? I have no problem 'giving back' to my commu...
Views: 620   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jun 5, 2011 3:26pm
by John Bauer
Listing Breeders Questions
Have a question that hopefully somone on here can help me with. I have spoken to fellow breeders and an AKC rep with different answers and will call AKC tomorrow. If you add a second owner onto your girl before she is bred,(about two weeks before breeding) but the...
Views: 420   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 5, 2011 1:49pm
by Breeder666
a
Anne
Greater Pittspurgh Labrador Ret. Club
Thank you for a great show. I know for one, I LOVE that show site. Please keep it in mind for next year. The weather was great, and your club is so friendly.
Views: 425   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 4, 2011 11:02pm
by Claudia
Lyme/Rabies
My son took his dog to an orthopedic vet clinic where he lives to have his dog checked for a possible torn cruciate. She limps periodically, especially after playing or rough housing with her brother. They took xrays which confirmed nothing, so he is keeping an eye o...
Views: 295   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 4, 2011 10:34pm
by Sandra B
w
Well?
Greater Pittsburgh LRC - Day 2 Results??
Results and/or brags from Greater Pittsburgh today??
Views: 444   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 4, 2011 7:41pm
by Any More???
p
Poop!
Dog eating poop
I have a dog that is on Pro Plan Performance who will not stop eating poop. Suggestions?
Views: 368   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jun 4, 2011 1:54pm
by Breeder
k
Kay
Male After Senior Girl ?
I have a male that is obsessed with a 12+ year old girl, as if she was ready to breed. She has been spayed since she was 7 months old. Is there anything that can happen with an older girl to make her smell as if she is in season. She has not been sick, on no med's. W...
Views: 360   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jun 4, 2011 1:50pm
by :D
Southeastern GuideDogs Again please
To those of you that received emails, did you all get asked specifically for just chocolate? Were your emails from their training instructor(woman) or director of training(man)? Guess I'm trying to determine if the organization themselves is soliciting or if so...
Views: 434   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 4, 2011 12:25pm
by Just sayin
Shameless Brag
There is a new Utility Dog! This past weekend at a four day/six trial cluster show, my dear sweet yellow boy Hoss earned his UD! While he NQ'd the first two shows (his only obedience NQ's), as I figured out his Utility idiosyncrasies he took first place in the nex...
Views: 523   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 4, 2011 11:39am
by Fil
Nuts
I have been reading the older posts regarding Nuts… Has more than one person tried the shots that were mentioned in the older posts? Yes, 1 testicle is down and fine the other one can be felt but is not completely down yet. Thanks!
Views: 559   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 3, 2011 8:28pm
by NewbieABC
Canadian National and Regional prem is out
Just to let everyone know the prem is now up in conjunction with the Barrie all breed show. Here is the link for the prem The dates are July 30, 31, Aug 1st. North of Toronto. Judges are Val Walters( National), Lisa Wiess( Regional) Hope you can attend. http://...
Views: 151   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 3, 2011 12:48pm
by CM
AKC ISO Indigo Microchips
Has anyone had problems inserting the ISO Indigo Microchips into your lab? I just bought the AKC scanner and chips, my vet inserted for free Problem that they had was either the skin was so thick on all 7 pups or the needle was dull. If you had this problem did...
Views: 274   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 3, 2011 11:04am
by NewbieABC
Tips for a Singleton
I am expecting a singleton which I have never had before. I am looking for tips on how to raise a singleton, such as keeping it warm initially, dealing with the bitch who has more milk than you could possible want, how to socialize a singleton pup, how to provid...
Views: 1264   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jun 3, 2011 8:39am
by CM
Question about slow rising progesterone
Scenario - bitch whose progesterone is taking forever to rise. Cytology was done by the vet she lives with (service dog group owns her, fostered by a vet) - no further testing until recently, when they tested and found a level of 17! Vet (not a repro specialist, bt...
Views: 349   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 3, 2011 7:59am
by Midwest Breeder
w
Well?
Greater Pittsburgh LRC
Any results from the Pittsburgh LRC yet?? Thanks in advance!!
Views: 468   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 3, 2011 7:11am
by AnnaH
i
Idex
Idex Prog.
For those of you that use Idex for your prog. testing. Can you share with me a # chart from them that shows what they consider ovulation according to how they do their test and #'s? Just used them the first time and my vet was told that according to them she was...
Views: 385   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 2, 2011 11:20pm
by Progesterone
Signatures breeding
Do all the owners have to sign off when a dogs sires pups or just 1? I know it's the sire or dam that only needs 1 signature. The AKC is having phone trouble. TY
Views: 546   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 2, 2011 5:20pm
by Wondering
Bitch still panting heavily 42 hours post delivery
I've a maiden bitch that whelped Saturday and beyond the normal new mom issues of whining when a baby wonders to far away, she is doing her job and being a good mom,. But she continues to pant heavily. This was a natural delivery, there were several retained placen...
Views: 753   Replies: 24
Last Post: Jun 2, 2011 2:52pm
by Worried
Strangles--Prednisone dosage
I have a 7.5 week old puppy with strangles which presented itself almost two weeks ago in the very early stages and I started treatment on him immediately. The first vet who saw him gave me liquid amoxicillin with prednisone sprinkled in, and the puppy was back to h...
Views: 818   Replies: 26
Last Post: Jun 2, 2011 1:07pm
by Feel your pain
TVD research update and request for blood samples
I am copying the update from Dr. Paula Henthorn at U of Penn. The search for the "TVD gene" continues, with earlier hopes of Chromosome 9 leading to a specific location now disproven. Dr. Sleeper and Dr. Henthorn need more blood samples from TVD affected AND equivo...
Views: 328   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 2, 2011 11:56am
by Susan Mouw
n
NHL
Your Lab Club..How many in Total Officers and Directors on the Board
Hi Working on a ByLaws Committe... Please give the total On your Board=Officers and Directors. If you don't mind please give your club name, so in figuring an average I don't figure the same club twice Thanks, Nancy
Views: 404   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 2, 2011 7:22am
by Marti Couch
Judge Nancy Talbott
Does anyone know what kind of dog she likes? Movers, color, moderate? Will she look at pups if they are nice? I believe she has goldens??
Views: 836   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 2, 2011 12:33am
by Wish
Tornado in Springfield, MA
Has any one heard from friends in this area? Storm was headed east almost along Mass Pike toward Boston. Bad weather is still developing. Stay safe and check in!
Views: 440   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 1, 2011 10:46pm
by Beth Volle
s
shade
screens for kennels
Where can I order durable shade screens for top of kennel runs? TIA
Views: 387   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 1, 2011 9:28pm
by Kathy M.
Freehold NJ cluster results?
Just curious if there has been any word on the Freehold cluster results Thurs- Monday. Rau will not post results for awhile. I know area handlers were trying to build majors.
Views: 632   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jun 1, 2011 7:36pm
by Barbara Roosevel...
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Free Forum powered by Bravenet