Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
e
Ellie
Silver or Gold
I have a medium light yellow. I was told to put a silver chain on him as it will pop and look good with his coat. At a recent show I was told that I might want to switch to gold chain as it will blend better - which is the preferred? I don't want to give him th...
Views: 569   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 24, 2011 10:04pm
by El
TV Star for Misty Mountain & Gingerbred!
Ron and I were flipping through TV stations in between football games, and what did we see? An adorable, handsome, lovely yellow Labrador winning Group 2 at the Eukanuba National Championship! A TV star is in our midst! What a great win for GR CH Gingerbred Ce...
Views: 502   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 24, 2011 1:13pm
by cindy ellis
n
Nipples
How many nipples shuld a bitch have?? Odd question I know, I have a girl with 9.
Views: 487   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 24, 2011 12:02pm
by Coleriver
Has anyone tried this?
Has anyone tried this pet food before?? Performance
Views: 295   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 24, 2011 10:35am
by Proformance
m
MWK
Spindle Cell Carcinoma?
Anyone had experience with this? A friend's 4-yr old Lab had small (pea sized) lump in the skin behind one ear. She insisted on having it removed and it came back as spindle cell carcinoma. Explained by her DVM as "random," "not genetic," "not threatening," and...
Views: 493   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 24, 2011 10:24am
by peggy Stevens
Beware- vet tried to do surgery on a puppy who didnt need it!
On Friday a family who has a 11 month puppy from me sent this (names changed for privacy): "Good morning ***, hope all is well with you and the family. I wanted to drop you a quick note about Lana's progress and a little health problem. She is without a doubt a gr...
Views: 913   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jan 24, 2011 10:06am
by want to cry
Heights and use of wickets
I'm new to showing and have a girl that is entered in her first show in a couple of weeks with a handler. She is 19 months old and she is on the small side, just 21.5 inches at the withers (if I'm measuring her correctly). How often do dogs get wicketed and since th...
Views: 760   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 24, 2011 8:24am
by Breeder 30
Selling puppies tp smokers
Not to bash smokers. I just wanted to share my experience and get some thoughts. How to you feel about selling pups to smokers? I had a family visit and they smell of smoke. All I kept thinking was poor pup would be suffering from upper respiratory problems. A...
Views: 630   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 24, 2011 7:46am
by Regional
Question about c-section timing
This is the situation... On 11/29/10 progesterone test is 1.6. On 12/2/10 progesterone results are 7.6. I get the results on 12/3/10, and she is bred on the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th. This is the last time I will breed her, as we have had lots of trouble catching her. An...
Views: 390   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 24, 2011 1:56am
by Breeder
Westminster hotel
Does anyone have an extra room reservation at the Affinia Manhattan? I do have a hotel reservation somewhere close by but my friends are staying there.
Views: 331   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 23, 2011 10:25pm
by WKC hotel
e
Ears
Veterinarian's Best Ear Relief
Anyone ever used this product?
Views: 410   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 23, 2011 4:22pm
by Marjorie
Portland?
I have not idea how my previous post ended up about being about a motel?! lol It was a double thread it seems.... Oh well.... Anybody have ay results for Portland? Best of luck to everyone!
Views: 398   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 23, 2011 3:31pm
by Pridezion
Ivomec 1% for heartworm prevention
What is the formula for mixing your own heartworm preventative? I am finding many variations on the internet. Most say, .1cc of the 1% undiluted for each 10 pounds of dog. Is this correct? Do you just put it on the food or do you have to make it more palatable?...
Views: 449   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 23, 2011 12:55pm
by Doctor? Pharmaci...
DDC test results
I know that it takes ten working days to get EIC results from DDC but does anyone know if the actual testing process takes this long, or is the wait caused by a large number of tests being done? Just curious...
Views: 518   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 22, 2011 7:52pm
by curious
d
Debbie
travel with puppy
I am flying home with a new puppy in the cabin for the first time. A friend loaned me a sherpa bag. I was told to try to get an aisle seat. Anyone else have advice when traveling with a puppy? I can't wait to get this little one home. Looking forward to puppy b...
Views: 456   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 22, 2011 6:46pm
by frequent flyer
Dr. Frost ortho vet in CT area
Could someone please give me contact information on a Dr. Frost , vet orthopedic surgeon in the CT area. He was recommended to me a long while ago but I misplaced the info. Also does anyone know if he is board certified and does arthroscopic surgery? Thanks!
Views: 268   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 22, 2011 5:13pm
by Info needed
Progesterone/breeding question
Ok, I don't do this enough to be good at numbers/timing and want experienced opinion. Progesterone Thurs - 1.6 Today (Sat) 3.2 Vet wants to recheck and most likely do surgical insem on Tuesday which will be her day 12. Last time 1 1/2 years ago, she was su...
Views: 304   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 22, 2011 4:57pm
by Breeder
l
Lisa
Glucosamine
What is the dosage for glucosamine in an adult lab approximately as a suppliment for a lab 75 lbs. I've read several labels perscribed by vets and they seem to differ. Thanks in advance
Views: 294   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 22, 2011 1:31pm
by Tiffany
Dogzymes Storage
For those of you that use this product, do you keep in the refrigerator?
Views: 250   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 22, 2011 1:19pm
by Lisa Sobosz-Gret...
Suggestions
Hi I am a Newbie, Please give some ideas of raffle items to ask for and possibly ideas on how ot prepare a letter for asking.. I would greatly appreciate thiis.. Sincerely and Thank You
Views: 402   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 22, 2011 11:47am
by LabMom
Pulled Muscle
Does anyone have any suggestions for a pulled muscle. Was working my girl in the field on a cold day and now she is limping?
Views: 331   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 22, 2011 11:19am
by Windycanyon
Horners Disease? Help!!
Here are the shocking symptoms of a 3 year old labrador retriever: Her eyes are drooping, she cannot lap water. Owner took her to the vet two days ago and he diagnosed her with Horner's Syndrome. But last night, everything got worse. She could not lap wate...
Views: 558   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jan 22, 2011 12:16am
by breeder
Florida Show
Anyone at the big Florida show?
Views: 548   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 21, 2011 6:44pm
by breeder38
Views: 295   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 21, 2011 4:56pm
by Carolyn
Let sleeping dogs lie?
What do you think? http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/20/letting-sleeping-dogs-lie-in-your-bed-can-kill-you/
Views: 850   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jan 21, 2011 12:51pm
by well
discharge
I am breeding someone's bitch and she is on the 13th day of her cycle. I noticed she has a thick discharge today. It is white maybe slightly discolored. I have never noticed this on any of my bitches before. Is this normal?
Views: 313   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 21, 2011 7:55am
by breeder 25
c
CM
NDR - Stem Cell Therapy for Horses
FYI - interesting read! http://www.denverpost.com/stockshow/ci_17142885
Views: 186   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 21, 2011 6:27am
by Mary S from Stil...
weather and shows question
Have a question. show weekend coming up in MD, and snow storm in the forecast. If there will be cancellations in the show/for the show, how will the entrants find out ? is there a website that would have the update, would the entrants get an email if they provided th...
Views: 451   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 21, 2011 1:08am
by Tina @ Tyric
SUN COUNTRY'S TRACE OF T
Who owns this dog? TY
Views: 449   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 21, 2011 12:56am
by Anon
Proplan Performance vs Eukanuba Performance?
Trying to decide between the two. Any preferences out there and why? Thanks!
Views: 677   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 21, 2011 12:18am
by Sherry L. Anders...
a
anon
flat rate handlers$$$$$
Anyone know of a handler that will champion a dog for a flat rate?
Views: 579   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 21, 2011 12:07am
by Breeder
Portland Results?
Looking for results and can't find them, just anxious to hear! Thanks!
Views: 217   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 20, 2011 11:32pm
by Pridezion
Dog Show Clusters in Western WA Results
What website do I find the results of the 3 all breed shows that took place this weekend, including today ? Are the Portland Classic dog show Results also found on the same website as the Puyallup, Sammamish etc. ??
Views: 369   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 20, 2011 10:34pm
by Pridezion
Marty's Champion Kids
Marty & I send heartiest congratulations to Catherine ("Kaki") Fisher on finishing 3 champions from her litter of Ch Lubberline Martingale X Frakari's Inspiration RN OAP OJP. The new kids on the championship block are: Ch Frakari's Katydid, Ch Frakari's Kinda Kool...
Views: 1032   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 20, 2011 9:05pm
by Breeder
n
Feeding a pregnant bitch
When do you start feeding more food to a pregnant bitch?
Views: 403   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 20, 2011 7:26pm
by bdr
Piedmont time again! (entries close Friday 1/21)
Just a friendly reminder that entries close next Friday. You'll notice we gave you an extra day this year - in the past, we've closed on Thursday. Since the MLK holiday tends to catch folks off guard, we hope this will help reduce the panic and save express mail char...
Views: 445   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 20, 2011 4:50pm
by Susan ~ Fenwyck
r
Raina
Difference in shows?
I know that this is going to seem like a really stupid question for most of you but... what is the difference between a B-Match vs reg. or Open dog show? Basically, are there points to be won in a match and do they count towards your championship? Going to St. Joe...
Views: 439   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 20, 2011 10:40am
by mia
Extender Question
Is there a difference between Minitube and Camelot extenders in that one needs to be warmed before inseminating the bitch or can both types of extenders be put in cold? Thanks
Views: 428   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 20, 2011 9:00am
by Steve
Econolodge
has anyone stayed at the Econolodge near the Potomac site? Their rates seem to cheap compared to the rest in the area...
Views: 221   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 20, 2011 4:23am
by Laurie
Ocu-GLO
Has anyone had experience with this product? It is a vision supplement. www.OcuGLO.com
Views: 318   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 19, 2011 7:05pm
by Kathy M.
Need a Vet in East Chester,NY area
If any one has a recommendation for a good vet in that area please email me. I have a family that are first time dogs owners and they have a new puppy and their vet is already trying to get them to give the second set of booster vaccines after only a week after the f...
Views: 273   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 19, 2011 6:26pm
by Linda
l
Linda
Need a Vet.
Just moved to Culpeper Va. If anyone knows of a Vet. in or around Culpeper please email me or post. It would be greatly appreciated.
Views: 332   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 19, 2011 5:32pm
by Linda
Wins with Handlers vs No Agent listed at MBF shows
From the MBF Website. I found this very interesting. Click on the table at the bottom for each year to see the numbers for Labs. http://www.infodog.com/misc/winbrdstat.htm JUDGES ONLY PUT UP HANDLERS, SO HANDLERS MUST BE THE ONLY ONES WINNING AT DOG SHOWS R...
Views: 995   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jan 19, 2011 3:42pm
by True
Chocolate studs with hunting titles
I am looking for chocolate or black that carries chocolate studs with hunting titles. It would be nice to find a champion with hunting titles as well but they don't have to be a champion. Any English bred show quality studs with hunting titles can you please email me...
Views: 716   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 19, 2011 1:32pm
by rld
St. Joseph MO Major UPDATE
I don't know if Michelle Lewis already posted on here or not. We are very close to a major in St. Jo and only need 5 more dogs. We don't want to just bank on there beeing late straglers so if you are interested please E-mail myself or Michelle at fairwaylabs@sbcglo...
Views: 354   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 19, 2011 1:02pm
by Rachael
g
Grumpy
Links for visiting litters (etiquette)
Does anyone know of a nice and "to the point" link for people to read prior to visiting litters? Looking for something that outlines how long visits should last, rules for children, and if they have other dogs w/ them or at home, etc. I just hate to act like the po...
Views: 729   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jan 19, 2011 12:52pm
by Windycanyon
Need advice on building a kennel
Hope to be moving soon to a great piece of property. The house is perfect, the pond is fresh water and the land is half trees. But there is no kennel. So, where do you go to get advice on how to build a kennel? There are so many things to consider. Help?
Views: 467   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 19, 2011 11:28am
by weather?
Puppy Strangles
I need advise.After doing a much researched and much anticipated breeding,I have myself a strangles puppy!We've seen strangles twice before in nearly 30 years,out of bitches generations removed from our original stock and totally unrelated studs.Of course the pup aff...
Views: 774   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 19, 2011 10:09am
by Cathy Montgomery
KC of Buffalo, Saturday 1/15/2010
Congratulations to Heidi Herman who went WB, BOW, and BOB today under judge Greg Lynch. sorry didn't get the other winners
Views: 583   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 19, 2011 7:33am
by Heidi @ Harbor R...
a
anon
dog hair
I have blankets that I put on the couch that are covered in dog hair. Anyone have an easy way to get rid of the dog hair on the blankets? Washing them and putting them in the dryer with a dryer sheet doesn't seem to work..... TIA.....
Views: 515   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 19, 2011 6:12am
by 1/2 empty 1/2 fu...
Puppy inquirys ?
Is the weather having an impact on puppy inquirys right now. Seems to be slow for alot of breeders now. Are area better ? Colors ? Are some adjusting prices with the economy ? I know this came up before but is it any better this week ? Trying to decide to breed or n...
Views: 835   Replies: 19
Last Post: Jan 19, 2011 6:08am
by 1/2 empty 1/2 fu...
Hutch's Baytril protocol-Update
There were a couple of threads here a long time back about using Baytril to help get a litter, or a litter of size by using Baytril. I had my vet have a phone consults with Hutch and we gave it a go. History was a miss, then one pup, then a miss, then two pups. We tr...
Views: 742   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jan 18, 2011 5:40pm
by Breeder
Line breeding??????
Half brother to half sister is it ok if you know the line is clean? Please give me you thoughts and concerns.
Views: 979   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jan 18, 2011 5:06pm
by Leslee Pope
Hearing issue?
Friend has a dog that may have a hearing issue (non lab). She's wondering if there vets that specialize in hearing? Looking for someone in the midwest if there are. Also, any tools/guides/helpful hints for training a dog with hearing issues? thank you.
Views: 260   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 18, 2011 12:03pm
by MZ
Fiddle front
Has anyone ever had experience with a Fiddle Front? I have a 7 week old puppy (out of 5) who might have this. Her front legs are certainly not straight but she is not hindered either! She just looks out of balance (not dwarfed). We have an appointment with th...
Views: 645   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 18, 2011 12:27am
by newbie
In loving memory of Buttonwood Suzana
Suzie was almost 9 years old. She was a beautiful girl who developed severe anemia while pregnant. She had been bred back to back as Dr Hutch recommended doing, and had to have a blood transfusion and her litter aborted via an emergency spay. Dr Jean Dodds kept Suzie...
Views: 732   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jan 17, 2011 7:03pm
by Sheila
Sadness and Joy
Today Sheila Fruge, her son Matt and his wife Mandee lost a family member and friend. Silky was an amazing 18 years and 5 months old. My joy comes from the fact that she had such a wonderful life with fabulous people and was active and happy right to the end. A...
Views: 695   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 17, 2011 7:01pm
by Sheila
kennel flooring inserts
I am looking for options to add to our current indoor kennels. the flooring is concrete but no drains so it is really hard to keep clean with out soaking the entire room. I remember seeing a floor insert, looked like a shower floor, lifted off the ground enough to...
Views: 270   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 17, 2011 5:41pm
by Charlotte K.
training to use a treadmill
I am wondering how everyone trains their dogs to work on a treadmill. We just bought one for me and I want to use it to condition the dogs before the show season starts up again. Outdoor stuff isn't always possible here in the icy cold north so I wanted other option...
Views: 231   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 17, 2011 4:07pm
by Amanda Dearing
Results
Please post any results.. Much Appreciated...
Views: 511   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 17, 2011 12:05pm
by congrats
Litter Registration Coupon
Does anyone know if AKC is still offering litter registration discount coupons? I requested one from AKC Customer Service a few days ago and haven't heard anything back.
Views: 305   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 17, 2011 11:59am
by New Pups
Gnomeo and Juliet ARE YOU KIDDING ME
http://www.gnomeoandjuliet.com/ Who let the Potomac Gnomes run amuck!?!?!?!?!
Views: 616   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 17, 2011 11:30am
by Anon
Genetic testing for nearly 500 childhood diseases
http://www.npr.org/2011/01/13/132908098/new-gene-test-screens-nearly-500-childhood-diseases?sc=emaf
Views: 410   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jan 17, 2011 11:28am
by another view
Quote of the day
If you your lips would keep from slips, Five things observe with care; To whom you speak, of whom you speak, And how, and when, and where. - W. E. Norris
Views: 2815   Replies: 101
Last Post: Jan 17, 2011 10:49am
by dry but cool
j
JRH
When do you start drawing progesterone?
Haven't bred for awhile. When do you start drawing progesterone? My repro vet's office said Day 5, but I don't think I did it this early in the past. Also, how many of you do your own progesterone tests, what do you use and is it acurate?
Views: 321   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 17, 2011 12:25am
by El
natural birht after c-section
I have a girl that we elected to do an emergency c-section on because she had low calcium and never went into active labor. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with having a natureal birth after a c-section. Is it recommended to do c-sections or should...
Views: 453   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 16, 2011 10:39pm
by newbie
8 mos HD
Hello everyone, I need some advice, I had purchased a puppy from a breeder 9 mos ago. When I got him home he was very lethargic and not playing so I phoned the breeder. Long story short I was asked to bring him back so he could be brought to their vet, I did. I w...
Views: 728   Replies: 25
Last Post: Jan 16, 2011 9:32pm
by not a death sent...
l
Lynn
filler for kongs
What does everyone use to fill their kongs with to keep their labs occupied. I have a 7 mo who loves to play with his kongs - i usually put cookies in it - but he has learned to pick it up and chug them down. Suggestions?
Views: 367   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 16, 2011 9:05pm
by :-)
great coat blown
This is January. Why in the world does my lovely boy choose this moment to blow his coat AND get flaky on me. Is he thinking this will build my character or something? I have all the character I want. I'm looking for points!!!
Views: 444   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 16, 2011 8:06pm
by Melody Losea
l
Linda
Fredericksburg show
Any Lab people showing their Labs at the Fredericksburg, Va. show tomorrow, Jan. 15th? Please, what time do they go off? TQ Also, when will Mid Jersey have their show?
Views: 565   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 16, 2011 6:30pm
by Linda
b
Beth
Bred by or Open
Which class do(those experienced with showing in both)you most often enter in? And do you find that the winner most often comes from Open? As a breeder I would think one would want to enter in the Bred By class but wondered if you felt it was detrimental when it cam...
Views: 435   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 16, 2011 12:32pm
by anonbreeder
refund or not on puppy that may be coming back
I sold a puppy to a pre-approved home that had me convenienced they could offer him a wonderful life time forever home. The lady said her college son & 5th grader son could help, and so would her mother who lived down the street. All was well until the kids went b...
Views: 826   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jan 16, 2011 10:54am
by bev
Dews
To do or not to do? Money is not an issue. Showing at specialties and all breed shows.
Views: 544   Replies: 19
Last Post: Jan 16, 2011 1:56am
by newbie
2011 Specialty Shows, who is judging????
I just went to the Specialty page and hardly any specialties are listed. I am making plans for breedings and vacations so I would like to know who is judging where? Winnebago, Badger, HRLRC, Ohio specialties? Show Chairs can you give Jill the info so she can get it...
Views: 370   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 15, 2011 11:04pm
by want to share
m
May I
Veteran Class
Can I show a spayed/neutered dog in the Veteran class at a specialty?
Views: 349   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 15, 2011 10:39pm
by Am learning
Ch Blackwing Lafitte
Looking for a website, pics, get of this boy.. Any help? TIA~
Views: 1734   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 15, 2011 9:46pm
by Pics
l
labs
litter eating stools?
baffled and would like input. we have a 5 week old litter of 9 they started eating solids 2 weeks ago. eating Proplan puppy (about 6 cups three times a day) and still nursing. wormed at 2 and 4 weeks old. they are housed in our kitchen and have a 8 x 10 area wi...
Views: 304   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 15, 2011 9:16pm
by Linda@Staghorn
New Champion
Congratulations to Desi, Laurie, and Richard(Baybreeze Labradors) on finishing Baybreeze Pie Ala Mode "Apple" (Gateway Nothing but Trouble/Buttonwood Foxhill Lucille) today in Fredericksburg. Apple is 17 months old, owner and friends handled.
Views: 642   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 15, 2011 7:34pm
by EXCITED EZHIBIT...
Evaluating Early whelps
My litter is 6 wks old now, but was born 4 days early (on day 59). They will be getting well checks and CERFs done just 1-2 days shy of 8 wks (by calendar date) but will likely be here at least til the weekend (~8.5 wks). I'm wondering when best to schedule stru...
Views: 487   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 15, 2011 7:33pm
by Windycanyon
Hamburg Sat results
Could anyone post results from todays show? It would be greatly appreciated.
Views: 487   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 15, 2011 7:20pm
by LeeAnne Kiefer
ED
Does mild ED require surgery?
Views: 544   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 15, 2011 7:01pm
by bdr
Hampton Inn?
Just curious for opinions on the Hampton Inn - we have reservations at HIE but wondered how the Hampton compared to HIE.
Views: 365   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 15, 2011 2:43pm
by Diane
s
STH
6 week old puppy showing rear and front lameness
I have been researching the forum to see if there is any information on Pano in a 6 week old puppy. She was the most active in a litter of 8, 2 nights ago she starting limping in the rear on the left side. Ran to the vet in the morning for diagnosis and Xray, vet pre...
Views: 759   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jan 15, 2011 10:57am
by labs
Labrador Quarterly
Just wondering if anyone knows who the lab is on the post card sent out by the labrador quarterly. Don't get the magazine so I was wondering. He's a georgous boy.
Views: 625   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 15, 2011 10:55am
by Anne Maynard
Splayed feet
I have always had nice tight round feet. Now have a girl from other lines who is much nicer than my own lines in many ways except her feet at 9 months are quite splayed. Is there anything I can do about it? What causes this?
Views: 421   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 15, 2011 9:37am
by Wag the Dog (1)
Soft Crate
I am interested in buying soft crates... Any suggestions.. My boys are 95 lbs or so...I am intersted in NozToNoz n2-42 Sof Krate Need some feed back... Please
Views: 269   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 15, 2011 9:03am
by Melody Losea
Acana food?
I know this is a great food but I'm looking for experiences and cost. Anyone get it as a distributor and therefore wholesale priced and if so what are you paying if you don't mind me asking or you telling? TIA.
Views: 401   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jan 14, 2011 9:30pm
by nicole
white spot
I'm wondering I kept a a bitch out of a litter with a white patch on her chest. Thought that maybe as she got older she would lose those hairs. She was the best one but obviously I could't show her because of that. So i'm wondering if any of her pups will have white...
Views: 467   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 14, 2011 7:13pm
by Michael & Kimber...
l
Linda
Westminster
Does anyone know the day, time and ring number the Labs will be in. Thanks
Views: 910   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jan 14, 2011 7:31am
by Breeder
Hamburg, NY show
Infodog shows # of entries, judges, etc. Where can you find the time breeds go in the ring, as well as, names of dogs entered?
Views: 508   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 14, 2011 7:08am
by Entries
ears/PP SSS
Have had both my girls on PP SS&S -one is 4, one is a year. Never had ear issues before-started to notice very gunky ears about a month ago-took her to the vet and we were treaing with meds. Opened a new bag and am still feeding but notice that they are still produ...
Views: 411   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 14, 2011 12:35am
by Connie
Silly Dog
Things have been way too serious on this forum lately so I thought I'd start a thread about silly things our Labradors do. So here goes.....I have a two year old boy who has become kind of obsessed with watching a certain TV show. It's a British comedy called "Keepin...
Views: 619   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 14, 2011 12:24am
by Connie
Stud Search criteria
I often see posts on here, and in other venues, about a search for a stud dog asking, for example, what studs are dominant black or tested for EIC. One of the pending enhancements for LabraData is a search tool that will aid in the search for available stud dogs. B...
Views: 569   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 14, 2011 12:05am
by labradata board ...
Probiotics
Do any of you give human probiotics to the dogs?
Views: 300   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 13, 2011 10:09pm
by yes
Repro Vet, NJ, between Woodbridge and Port Monmouth
A friend is looking to use an inexperienced young dog, a smaller breed, and the owners need a repro help with simple collection and AI. Nothing fancy, a side by side, maybe a quick peek at the production before the AI. Any suggestions on a Vet, between Woodbridge...
Views: 188   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 13, 2011 8:37pm
by jeannette
Need a quick answer....
I have a 9+ yr old female who has been acting a little "distant" during the course of the past few days. Did not think anything of it until I looked at her gums...black. Are they supposed to be black? Any ideas? She will be going to vet in morning. Thanks.
Views: 700   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 13, 2011 6:52pm
by Melody Losea
minivan with towing capability?
Any suggestions for a mini van that can tow a small camper?
Views: 244   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 13, 2011 2:06pm
by Sienna Gal
a
Ann
Help/Fanconi syndrome
Has anyone had any experience with this or anything similar to it. This is a 6 yr old certified guide dog. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks. Hi Ann, Dale is sick. He started losing weight around Jan. 1st. He lost 8 pounds in 8 days. He is currentl...
Views: 574   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 13, 2011 1:45pm
by Debbie
c
CM
Morning Chuckle
Check out "Busted" this a.m. on www.drawthedog.com
Views: 293   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 13, 2011 12:24pm
by peggy Stevens
Children Handlers
I would like to know how judges feel about let's say a 10 year old boy who is a great handler being in the ring with a Lab in an open class. Would they get put up if the dog was nice or would the age of the handler prevent that????
Views: 1008   Replies: 22
Last Post: Jan 13, 2011 12:26am
by Diane McClurg
Coastal South Carolina LRC Eye Cerf & Heart Clinic w/ Echo
Eye & Heart Clinic w/ Echo by ACVO diplomate and DACVIM Cardiologist Feb. 26, 2011 9am-12pm $35 eye cerf $35 heart auscultation $150 echo Hosted by the Bowrons at their farm. Pre-registration and appointments required. Other breeds welcome as time...
Views: 257   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 12, 2011 3:17pm
by Elizabeth Bowron
Potomac
90 days until the Potomac. If you have a room reserved (host hotel or Holiday Inn Express) and realize you will not be able to go, I would LOVE to have your reservation. Email me
Views: 625   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 12, 2011 2:59pm
by Bonnie Hall
Upcoming Health Clinic
We are once again hosting an All-Breed Health Clinic at Blairstown Animal Hosp in Blairstown NJ on Sunday, February 6th. We're offering CERFs, Echoes, Auscultations, Optigen, EIC as well as vaccines, various blood tests and micro-chipping. Details and the s...
Views: 290   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 12, 2011 2:43pm
by Donna Forte
j
Joan
Attention: Newsletter Editors
If you are the editor of your club's newsletter, please send me your email address. I can provide you with a copy of an epilepsy article that you can use. TIA
Views: 481   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 12, 2011 9:59am
by JP
Taste of the Wild
Which formula would you recommend of Taste of the Wild, Wetlands, Prairie or Pacific Stream, for two seniors, 8 & 9? One has a very sensitive stomach and the other is constantly licking her feet. Vet suggested I try this dog food as she as several clients that love...
Views: 503   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 11, 2011 11:38pm
by Joy
unsold puppies
Hi everyone, Happy New Year! I am new to The Forum, new to breeding but have had my Labs for a while. I wanted to get some opinions about selling "leftover" puppies from a large litter. I have 2 puppies left from a large September litter. Some of my deposits wer...
Views: 1027   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jan 11, 2011 6:29pm
by ROFL!!
Use of Fenugreek for milk production
Hi All, I have a singleton litter. Dam has milk, but NOT as much as I'd like in my girl. A fellow club member told me about the use of Fenugreek... a tip learned from the Myra Savant-Harris seminar. They noted better milk production in their girl. Wondering w...
Views: 592   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 11, 2011 4:27pm
by Fenugreek User
judges ed at Potomac
We are having a judges education seminar at the Potomac this year on Monday the day before the show begins. In the morning we have a power point presentation by Dr Michael Woods and hands on examination of dogs in the afternoon. The next day which is the first day of...
Views: 732   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 11, 2011 2:47pm
by lou labj
d
DonnaT
Labrador goes B.I.S. in Minnesota today.
Want to congratulate owners Mary, Cindy & Pat (and his breeder Kathy T.) on their BIS today with BISS. Kaltrav's Carribean Cruise, JH (Calypso). Congratulations Erin on presenting him to perfection! I'm so proud.....
Views: 948   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jan 11, 2011 2:29pm
by Leslee Pope
Westminster Kennel Club Show
Soooooo - Which Labradors are going?
Views: 569   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 11, 2011 1:39pm
by breeder
Book recommendation
Labrador people and especially those interested in service dogs might enjoy a book I just finished. Endal, by Allen and Sandra Parton, describes the devastation that occurred in their lives when Allen suffered a brain injury that handicapped him physically and dest...
Views: 298   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 11, 2011 1:26pm
by Mary S from Stil...
Just looking for suggestions for a seniro I am working out.
I placed two of my girls in a home 6 years ago. The husband passed last month and the wife (who I am good friends with) is not thinking straight and is taking the simplest path for her life at the moment. She has put her farm up for sale...OK gave away 4 horses....
Views: 650   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 11, 2011 7:37am
by sampsonlabs
Should dogs be adults before they can finish a championship?
One of the other threads referred to dogs who finish early (as puppies) who don't mature into what we would hope. So I'd like to start a (hopefully NICE!) discussion about this topic. I know in the UK and Europe, a dog cannot finish a championship until an adult -...
Views: 1378   Replies: 48
Last Post: Jan 10, 2011 2:09pm
by breeder1
Coastal SC LRC
Just wanted to remind everyone that the entries for the Coastal South Carolina LRC supported entry with Sweepstakes closes this Wednesday, January 12 at noon. Entries can be made online at www.infodog.com and the all breed club is Charleston Kennel Club. We have a...
Views: 336   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 10, 2011 1:38pm
by Jim & Elizabeth ...
Doing Progesterone Testing
I'm wondering about something I heard but don't remember about sending off progesterone tests. That there is a certain tube you are or aren't suppose to use because it can cause the numbers to change in transit. Does anyone know what this is. I haven't done any pr...
Views: 187   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 10, 2011 12:05pm
by Been Awhile
Picking Newborns
How many times have you felt drawn to a particular pup on the day they were born or within the first week and had it turn out to be the KEEPER? Could be based on that solid "feel" , bend in stifle, front angles. Do you evaluate your newborns in the air, by holding th...
Views: 693   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 10, 2011 10:02am
by Breeder
Careful with sales
I am seeing some nice dogs on puppy mill pages. Another breeder brought it to my attention. I wonder how you check out someone wanting to buy an older dog with open reg. I know, not my business. Do the good breeder realizes these dogs are just bred to death. Its sad...
Views: 967   Replies: 23
Last Post: Jan 10, 2011 8:33am
by JRH
e
Ellie
Recent rage
In view of the recent incidence in Tucson Arizona, I feel that it is time we, as human beings, and Americans, start to have some compasion for our fellow humans and that, there are a lot crossing the line on this venue and on the highway and the business place. Kind...
Views: 798   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 10, 2011 7:30am
by Steve
j
Jill
Specialty Results and Calender Pages
Just wanted to let you guys know that I have FINALLY made the updates to both...thanks for your patience. It's been a busy couple of weeks! -Jill
Views: 515   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 9, 2011 10:24pm
by Diane Sullenberg...
Canadian Majors?
I am seeing more and more people state that their dogs have won majors in Canada - has the Canadian system changed? The last time I checked there were no "majors" in Canada (there are 1 point through 5 point (requiring 13 dogs)wins but they are not the equivalent of...
Views: 530   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 9, 2011 12:36pm
by Crazy Canuck
Interesting article w q&a by Hutch
http://www.dobermann-review.com/info/breeding/canine_reproduction.htm
Views: 488   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 9, 2011 8:26am
by another
Puppies for sale
Hi All, I received 2 emails this afternoon from well known breeders telling me about pups they had available, I was part of a big mailing. I have never received this before. Now I am just fine with it, letting us know in case we have folks looking but I was won...
Views: 951   Replies: 22
Last Post: Jan 9, 2011 8:00am
by NE PA
Interesting reading in Dog World
Just came across this reading in Dog World by David Craig and would like to share it with you all. WITH THIS being the last of the Labrador notes of 2010 and the dawning of a new year on the horizon, perhaps it is pertinent to muse of one’s hopes and dreams...
Views: 551   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 8, 2011 7:55am
by Bonnie Hall
New Addy
Hey everybody, FYI, here is my new address, 149 Keene Rd East Freetown, MA 02717 phone number is the same! Jen
Views: 476   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 8, 2011 8:30pm
by Jen Leitao
Precise food?
Any experiences or comments? I have been feeding California Natural for years but with the buy out by Proctor and Gamble I am nervous about a formula change plus the fact that I am now supporting this company.
Views: 277   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 8, 2011 7:34pm
by Debra Scott
other diseases
I came across some information where a Labrador was tested for the following diseases, MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY, CYSTINURIA, HEMOPHILIA B, VWD, CONE DEGENERATION What would be the reason to test for diseases like Muscular Dystrophy and do these exist in the Labrador...
Views: 350   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 8, 2011 5:06pm
by health tester
Thyroid testing
Just wondering... I've noticed some people have them and some don't. Do you do Thyroid tests on your Labs or do you ask for one when using a Stud?
Views: 343   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 8, 2011 5:02pm
by Diane
j
Jana
Progesterone levels on 4th Day after seeing blood
Have a bitch who started bleeding on Fri 12/31, took her in Mon 8am for progesterone test, got results today - 6.5ng! don't know what to think... can a bitch have "normal high levels of progesterone" and maybe doesn't follow the textbook and actually ovulate at a hi...
Views: 367   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 8, 2011 8:56am
by Jana
Supplements
Just wondering, do you add any supplements for a bitch in whelp or is a quality food enough? If so, what are you adding and when? Throughout gestation, last few weeks or just while she's whelping? Everyone seems to have a different opinion. Thanks!
Views: 339   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 8, 2011 2:12am
by Windycanyon
Word of the Day
Word of the Day Wednesday, January 05,2011 prevaricate prih-VAIR-uh-kayt , intransitive verb; 1. To depart from or evade the truth; to speak with equivocation.
Views: 461   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 7, 2011 7:26pm
by word
Grizabella
Little Grizabella died in our arms today. Born 9.25.10; died 1.05.11. Despite her tiny size, she was the first of her litter to do everything--balance on the teeter board, go through the tunnel, mount the stairs, chew a bone. She was able to get her canine mot...
Views: 729   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 7, 2011 6:18am
by Kate Fulkerson, ...
Dan Buchwald - Tragic House Fire - Not LR
Hello Everyone, Haven't had much time to interact on the forum lately, but thought I would pass this along. This is an email that I received within the "Purina Family", regarding the tragic loss that Dan Buchwald an all breed professional handler endured over the...
Views: 4088   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 7, 2011 5:23am
by Smart dogs
Letting puppies run with the pack?
At what age do you let your youngsters start to spend the day with nice, older (but rambunctious) dogs? I have a 6 month old boy who plays next to older girls but who is dying to romp all day with them. They like him. I am just afraid he might get hurt with all the...
Views: 523   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 6, 2011 10:41pm
by Breeder
a
anon
need ACVO vet and experienced vet for OFA x-rays in Houston area
I'm looking for an eye clinic close to the Houston area, also need an experience vet to do hip and elbow x-rays in the Houston area. Any help would be appreciated.
Views: 181   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 6, 2011 10:22pm
by Jamie K
j
Jill
colostrum bank?
This is something I’ve been wanting to post about for a few days now, just haven’t had the chance. A couple of months ago, a local Golden Breeder lost her bitch during a c-section. There were 10 puppies to care for, and Martini took five of them under...
Views: 1095   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jan 6, 2011 8:58pm
by Sherry L. Anders...
c
cheri
need help with register name
Have a boy that I need to register now!!!!!! His call name is montana....he is yellow also.. Having a very hard time with this one...any help would be greatly appreciated. Happy Holidays
Views: 524   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 6, 2011 7:31pm
by hummmm.....
n
Allow or not
Is it ok for a pregnant bitch to jump down off your bed? Will she stop going up there when she gets bigger?
Views: 830   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 6, 2011 2:26pm
by me either
j
JS
Liver Hepatitis
Acute bacterial hepatitis. Any info? Using Denamarin to treat.
Views: 677   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jan 6, 2011 1:27pm
by Been There
Help
Please read last post on the LIVER thread!
Views: 558   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 6, 2011 8:35am
by Thank you!
Very Entertaining Blog about moving with dogs!
Warning: This is long, but worth the read and the drawings are priceless---I laughed out loud! It will make you happy that you have purebred Labradors. Many people like to point out the superiority of mixed-breed dogs and look down on purebred dogs as being "overbr...
Views: 350   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 5, 2011 8:59pm
by Pridezion ~ Tina
k
Kelley
Weight
I had my girl at the vet today for her check-up and she weighed 77lbs. She is 2 and a half. What is a normal weight range for a spayed bitch at that age? She is my first lab. Does she need a doggie diet????
Views: 325   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 5, 2011 5:33pm
by Wag The Dog (1)
Need a Vet Recommendation in the Brandon/Jackson, MS area
I need a vet recommendation in the Brandon/Jackson, MS area. Thanks! cm
Views: 182   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 5, 2011 11:29am
by Candice Moore
LabraData 3.0
The latest and greatest version of LabraData, vs. 3.0, is up and running with lots of new features and functionality. Check it out at www.labradata.org.
Views: 595   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 5, 2011 7:08am
by Abby Crosby
vacuum cleaner reccomendation
My kirby has died, and I need a new vacuum that is good for pets, and also good for cleaning carpet, furniture, etc I see there are several on the market for pets, I want a good one that has a soft brush so I vacuum other things that are too delicate for the hose....
Views: 559   Replies: 29
Last Post: Jan 4, 2011 10:08pm
by Steve
"Baggy ACLs"
I have a young 4/5 month old female that became lame on her rear about 3 weeks ago. She is extremely large boned and has very baggy skin. I took her to my local gen vet. She had a fever(from teething?) and usual puppy laxity in her knees. We did x-rays and found no...
Views: 561   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 4, 2011 11:32am
by ?
Preg girl with blockage
Just bred this girl and she has a blockage - threw up a sock - thought she had gotten rid of the bad stuff but she is still throwing up breakfast. What can I do for her?
Views: 579   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 3, 2011 3:03pm
by Cindy
s
Sandy
Found black lab
I found a male, intact, black lab this morning not wearing a collar. I live about 7 miles northwest of Warren, Ohio. He is in excellent shape. As I have 4 senior labs, I cannot keep him. He is very friendly and just a real doll. I have contacted the local vet of...
Views: 492   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 3, 2011 8:55pm
by Melody Losea
Disparaging remarks
I'm wondering why the TVD post is allowed to continue , isn't this one of the reasons we lost this forum , and yet it goes on. And why aren't the ISP numbers posted, so we can all know who these people are? They need to take their place in the Hall of Shame and I...
Views: 1013   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 3, 2011 6:06pm
by Doubting Thomas
k
Kate
Earthborn Holistic Dog Food
Has anyone fed this food and what has been the results? In January they will roll out a new version that is grain-free, and I am considering switching from TOTW. www.earthbornholisticpetfood.com
Views: 324   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 3, 2011 8:49am
by Heidi Kellerman
Spay / Neuter agreements
I've been a breeder for a long time and all my dogs going to pet homes. Are required to be spayed or neutered just after their first birthday . Before AKC papers are given even if marked limited ,So I'm assured that they are in fact spayed or neutered . This is allo...
Views: 423   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 3, 2011 8:18am
by chocolates
Does anyone start their babies on ProPlan Performance?
I see a lot of breeders feeding their puppies Pro Plan Puppy Chicken and Rice. Does anyone start their pups on Performance right away? I have an 11 week old that I bought and just started her on the Performance. Is this okay, or should I have started with the Puppy?...
Views: 805   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jan 2, 2011 10:12am
by BTP
Some In The Oven?
My girl was bred about 10 days ago. Today I noticed a slight white very small discharge on her vulva. I seem to remember something on this forum about that was the sure sign that she took. I could not find the old post. Is this true? Have you seen this before wi...
Views: 367   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 1, 2011 2:37pm
by Yes
kennel cough in preg bitch
i have a house full of coughing dogs. no idea where it came from as the last show i was at was the end of sept. so far the preg girl has not gotten it, or my older dogs, what i want to know if it will be detrimental to her unborn pups?
Views: 229   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 1, 2011 2:35pm
by Titer
a
anon
Fertile Focus test
Any experiences with the Fertile Focus test ?
Views: 522   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 1, 2011 1:57pm
by Missy
heads
"The skull and foreface should be on parallel planes and of approximately equal length." This quote is from both the AKC and Canadian Standards. I am trying very hard to understand heads better rather than just relying on what looks good to me. I want to be ab...
Views: 728   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 1, 2011 1:32pm
by always learning
chew toys for aggressive chewer?
Over the last 13 years we've had Labs we've never had an official aggressive chewer. She goes through rope toys like they are single strings, she turns the black Kong into a pile of rubber in a matter of hours, those heavy "Tire Biter" rubber tire chews same thing,...
Views: 404   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 1, 2011 1:30pm
by frozen
Alternative for Science Diet CD
A friend asked me to post regarding his daughter's Lab who was recently diagnosed with crystals in her urine. The vet put the dog on Science Diet CD but my friend's daughter is seeking alternate foods or treatments. If you know of any, would you please let me know?...
Views: 578   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 1, 2011 12:43pm
by Type of Crystal
n
Help please: List of Stud Dogs Carrie BB (dom.blk)???
Im looking list of the best stud dogs in USA, carrie BB (dom.blk)???
Views: 1229   Replies: 34
Last Post: Jan 1, 2011 9:34am
by breeder
New Years' greetings
Wishing the Labrador community a Happy New Year with bunches of hugs and licks from Moye, me, "the mothers" and all the Mar-Moye gang...... Marion
Views: 278   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 1, 2011 7:22am
by Ann H
Windfall's Black Piper at the bridge
Windfall Black Piper passed away over the holiday. She was 17 years old and one of he most beautiful bitches I have had known. Ron Cogo will miss her dearly since she was a link to his wife. Ron still has her son Pipe Major who is doing well and still producing wo...
Views: 1161   Replies: 26
Last Post: Dec 31, 2010 5:28pm
by Chris Carroll
j
Jo
Need some ideas
Hi All, Got any ideas on what to do with a male lab that gets gurgiling sounds and then spits up bile. I been looking around the internet and what i found out was that it could be an acid stomach. I tried feeding him smaller amounts of food four times a day and th...
Views: 605   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 31, 2010 5:28pm
by bdr
l
LabMom
Avacados
I placed a pup in a southern California home recently. They called today to say that he smells awful and has puss bumps on his head. He can't get into his vet till the morning and my vet is off on Wednesdays. We think we have narrowed it down to the avacado tree i...
Views: 419   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 31, 2010 4:57pm
by Read somewhere
Yellow with tear stains?
I've got a yellow female and she is a very light yellow. She has some darkening by her eyes, the fur is a more golden yellow, and they are what would be 'tear stains' I guess. Is it typical for this to happen sometimes, for the lighter yellows? And, will it hurt her...
Views: 632   Replies: 18
Last Post: Dec 31, 2010 11:32am
by Missy
e
Elaine
Bumps on his cheeks
Has anyone ever had a Labby that has prominent lymph nodes on the cheeks that would look like a swollen tooth on each side? My 2 y/o guy has them and most of the time I can't even see them but once in awhile they get really big like a huge grape and they go back d...
Views: 430   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 31, 2010 1:25am
by Connie
European Hip & Elbow Scores
I've noticed a few dogs with hip scores of A & B, and elbows of 0. Is there someplace I can go to see an explanation of the scoring scheme?
Views: 432   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 30, 2010 11:37pm
by No Longer Confus...
CafePress - disturbing info
I know some clubs do fundraisers using CafePress. Just want to let you all know that CafePress considers PETA to be a "charity" and is donating thousands of dollars to them. They are also giving them some sort of matching funds for the sales on their site. This is...
Views: 592   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 30, 2010 10:20pm
by Someone in the k...
heidelberg GTO 52
I am looking for second hand of heidelberg gto 52 conventional dampening for my percetakan business. any one have this one? thanks
Views: 367   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 30, 2010 9:45pm
by percetakan
New Kitchen floor - ceramic tile or premium vinyl - suggestions?
We're thinking about replacing our badly worn linoleum flooring. Love the look of ceramic, though the "hardness" and coldness are a concern, as well as grout lines, and prepwork to sure up the floor - plus I may need a smaller dishwasher because of added height....
Views: 481   Replies: 17
Last Post: Dec 30, 2010 7:46pm
by can
a
adam
JB directory
if anybody has any extra copies of these years please email me. thanks for your time adam i am looking for 1980 1981 1982 1984 1989 2003
Views: 422   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 30, 2010 6:41pm
by Heather
y
Yuck!
Alternatives to Bitter Apple?
I've been searching online for bitter grape, but no luck. Any suggestions and places to buy for a dog who loves bitter apple? Alum also doesn't deter her.
Views: 290   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 29, 2010 4:42pm
by Linda Wages
Long-haired Chihuahua
Does anyone know a someone that owns a LHChi? What are they like? Do they get along with Labradors? Are they difficult to finish?
Views: 520   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 29, 2010 1:08pm
by Candice Moore
practitioner vs specialist vs cardiologist
I am trying to understand OFA cardiac clearances and the different professionals that can perform echos. I know what a practitioner is. I know what a cardiologist is. But what is a "specialist", and how are they different from a practitioner or a cardiologist? I trie...
Views: 528   Replies: 12
Last Post: Dec 29, 2010 5:23am
by brdr1
Ch. Gorsebrook's Cole Porter WC JH CDX RN
Oct. 17 1997 - Dec. 25 2010. ~ by Ch Linrays Over The Top ex Ch Gorsebrook's Amazing Grace CD ~ Co-owned with Sharon H. who did all the working titles Mutiple Best of Breed, Group winner, Specialty Class winner, High in Trial, pickup dog at shoots.... and the mo...
Views: 579   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 28, 2010 7:59pm
by Leslie @ Gorsebr...
Help me decide...
I'm going to schedule a pregnancy ultrasound, my vet likes to do them at 30 days. Because of my schedule I can have the ultrasound on day 28 or day 32. I know it's not critical and an embryo count is usually not accurate but if my girls is prego's which day will give...
Views: 771   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 28, 2010 1:23pm
by Me too
l
Linda
Lost dogs.
HELP. We just moved to Culpeper Virginia. My two Labs just escaped from my fenced back yard. My daughter chased them, but, they were too far ahead. They aren't familiar with this area. They didn't have collars, they are micro chipped. Kerry is a yellow female,...
Views: 585   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 28, 2010 12:08am
by Linda@Staghorn
n
newby
Tape worms and Pregnant Bitch
Can you treat a pregnant bitch for tape worms, if so, what is the best to use? I have a bitch due Jan 9th and just noticed tape worms in her feces.
Views: 403   Replies: 13
Last Post: Dec 27, 2010 3:50pm
by brdr
d
Debi
And now its 3
Letting puppies go is hard but all got very good homes. Pet girl left yesterday, she is across town from me. 2nd pick girl left 15 minutes ago. She is going to Birmingham AL. Yellow girl went to Hot Springs AR last Thurs. House seems so quiet! I will miss them but I...
Views: 648   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 27, 2010 2:44pm
by anon
alternative chew things??
I've got a girl here who's allergic to beef. I've tried giving her those tartar busters, but about 5 days later we have an ear infection. So I'm looking for other options for her to chew on that aren't beef. TIA
Views: 331   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 27, 2010 1:07pm
by Tiffany
Yay ... Snow is here!
The Silva family is so excited to have our first snowfall. While it is a day late for a white Christmas, we are still enjoying every snowflake. We are all off for a evening stroll around the pond in the snow! Yahoooooo! Happy Holidays - Enjoy the snow!
Views: 473   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 27, 2010 7:50am
by Bluesouthlabrado...
b
Bobby
Dogs for Diabetics
My wifes best friend since childhood has a daughter (18) that has had diabeties for four years. She has to wear a pump and has had several episodes where she blacked out. Long story short she was an outgoing young woman before and now she's scared to leave home, afra...
Views: 295   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 26, 2010 10:52pm
by Optamistic
Merry Christmas to all
Merry Christmas to all! Hope everybody has a wonderful holiday season!! Enjoy time with family and friends and remember times with those who have passed on in loving memory!!
Views: 240   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 26, 2010 7:41pm
by Lisa Sobosz-Gret...
Supplements for dogs with joint issues?
Have been reading about supplements that would help young and old Labs with joint issues or would be good to give to help them stay problem free. Here are the main ingredients I see mentioned over and over again. Glucosamine & Chondroitin Pema Canaliculus Omega...
Views: 465   Replies: 12
Last Post: Dec 26, 2010 4:13pm
by Cathy Montgomery
Fronts
I am confused about fronts. My girl has great length and angle of upper arm (more than most). Actually it's very pretty. She has nice layback of shoulder, nice length of neck and is not wide at the withers. This girl tracks really wide in the front, but normal b...
Views: 2359   Replies: 75
Last Post: Dec 26, 2010 8:39am
by Bluesouthlabrado...
Reaching for the Stars: Formerly Advanced Labrador Breeding?
I wanted to buy MRW book, Reaching for the Stars, for a friend but I am having a tough time finding it online to order. The only copies I can find are priced $900 or more Any ideas where I can find a copy of this book for purchase (does not have to even be "new") at...
Views: 1426   Replies: 24
Last Post: Dec 26, 2010 8:21am
by Aquila
Not Changing Diapers
We have a beautiful litter of 7 puppies that are 3 days old. It is Mom's first litter at 4 years old. She had a normal deliver and is doing well. She seems to "like" her puppies but is still not changing diapers. Though she will give an occasional lick here and there...
Views: 381   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 26, 2010 6:47am
by brdr
stud dogs that produce rear/turn of stifle
Have a wonderful bitch that is gorgeous in almost every way...getting ready to breed her and would like more turn of stifle for pups...have been looking for almost 1 1/2 years at speciality shows and all breed...want to know what stud dogs Stamp his puppies with good...
Views: 446   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 26, 2010 1:17am
by Robin McBain
Potty training puppies
While having a phone conversation with a breeder friend in Canada,who creates my website,(there is the clue)I told her about my new puppy "litter' poop box that I used for my litter. For years I have used pine shavings in a wooden box that my husband builds for each...
Views: 349   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 26, 2010 1:00am
by might try this
Aggressive Dog
A good friend has a very well bred 10mo male Labrador. He is not fixed and there are no plans to fix him as dog is planned to be new stud dog eventually. He has his CGC and is going for his Therapy dog cert. He is very obedient. Problem is that although he will a...
Views: 783   Replies: 12
Last Post: Dec 25, 2010 2:22pm
by JP
e
El
Leading up to Christmas
Up until 3:00a.m. last night wrapping presents with 6 Labs all around my feet. An occasional Christmas cookie making it's way toward the floor...how bout everyone else? Merry Christmas!!! Happy Holidays to all!
Views: 348   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 24, 2010 8:28pm
by Linda@Staghorn
MERRY CHRISTMAS
To Jill and All Listers, Merry Christmas to you all, and a happy and healthy New Year. Best, Leslee Pope Huntcrest Kennels
Views: 277   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 24, 2010 6:06pm
by Jan & Ron
BITES again... from scissor to overbite at 5 .5 months?
Anyone ever have a pup go from a perfect scissor bite to a very slight overbite at 5.5 months old? This is my pick bitch and I have been watching her bite now for a couple of weeks.. It's not getting worse, but is staying the same... It is ever so slight. When you lo...
Views: 328   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 24, 2010 6:03pm
by morning surfer
Lab Breeders in St. Louis
Need to get names of some reputable Lab breeders in St. Louis, Missouri. Can anyone suggest some breeders or point me in the right direction? I know there is a nice Lab Specialty there, so there must be some good breeders in that area. Also, is there a Lab rescue...
Views: 286   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 24, 2010 11:54am
by breeder
looking for an article
When visiting other areas of the Wiscoy site, I saw an article I like to read. Does anyone know where I can find: Developing a Distinctive Line of Labrador Retrievers written by Dorothy "Dot" Galvin of Hennings Mill Labradors the current link is bad. TIA
Views: 390   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 24, 2010 9:51am
by breeder
Whelping boxes
Any input on the Durawhelp vs the whelpingbox co box? Any other suggestions?
Views: 565   Replies: 13
Last Post: Dec 24, 2010 8:31am
by Sallie Wright
c
CM
SAFE & DRY?!
I hope that those in the rain soaked areas are okay! Happy Holidays!
Views: 323   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 23, 2010 7:39pm
by CM
Tooth Question
How serious is this issue with teeth from a conformation standpoint: a Lab's teeth are all present, occlusion is correct, bite is scissors except for the 2 very front bottom teeth which are ever so slightly in front of the 2 front top teeth.
Views: 370   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 23, 2010 6:33pm
by mouths
missing teeth/judges
Is it my imagination or does it seem like more and more all breed judges are really counting teeth lately? Ones that never used to either! A shame that a dog who has more correct type & structure would not get the recognition because they were missing a tooth. And no...
Views: 862   Replies: 21
Last Post: Dec 23, 2010 10:46am
by Breeder 22
g
Gail R
Relay calls---again
I have had 4 relay calls in the past week. They are coming out of Texas. The first 3 calls I just said I don't do relay calls. After being very annoyed by the forth call, I decided to play along. I told the relay lady I couldn't hear, so the caller said to send a...
Views: 392   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 23, 2010 8:24am
by Breeder X
Update on the Texas Rescues
Hello Again My Fellow Labrador Lovers!!! Sorry for the delay in my update for everyone. With the holidays, work, and a young child I find myself "looking" for extra minutes! The black female "Amy" was adopted and taken home last weekend....YEAH! The veter...
Views: 403   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 22, 2010 6:03pm
by Carolyn
Hand crafted jewelry
I am forwarding the below message for my friend. Am trying to find Hand Crafted Jewelry by Lisa Schleelein. Years ago was given a lab pin by a friend and have lost it...trying to find another pin or contact Lisa. Any information is appreciated. Thanks, No...
Views: 299   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 22, 2010 4:39pm
by Jane Frantz
carsickness
Any advice besides the usual on carsickness for a 5 month old puppy? He mostly drools, but I see he is starting to dread going in the car.
Views: 208   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 22, 2010 12:26pm
by Ginger wafers fr...
j
Jane
How do all you breeders who run mulitiple puppies on
socialize them. I have run 2 lovely babies on from my last litter, they are now 11 weeks old. Both are outgoing to a point, the bitch pup is happy no matter where or who is around, very bold etc, as was her brother up until about a week ago, nothing out of the ordin...
Views: 738   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 22, 2010 11:43am
by breeder75
Flea treatment for puppy?
I have a 9 week old that I suspect has fleas (thought I see none) or mites. Would Revoltion be suitable to use right now?
Views: 172   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 22, 2010 11:34am
by breeder
Loss of weight
I have a 2 year old boy that is rapidly loosing weight. A LOT! Rib cage shows. He is dewormed regularly and eats all of his food. Recently he started to regurgitate his food and eat it again, this stopped as I mix his food with water and has not happened since but th...
Views: 262   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 22, 2010 7:49am
by JRH
?
??
South Carolina speciality
I can't find information on this--is there just a supported entry?
Views: 486   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 21, 2010 9:45pm
by Mar-Moye
t
Tricia
Thank you!
Over the last year I have visited the forum every other day, reading and silently learning from breeders... some long time and some relatively newer. I have learned a lot from all of your responses. I just wanted to say Thank you to everyone who has posted replies a...
Views: 399   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 21, 2010 9:40pm
by Tricia
Placing a puppy with a Parapalegic
I have been talking to a very nice gentleman for a while now who wants a male Lab puppy of mine. He owns his own house and has just put up a new fence and is building a doggy door in order to get a quality male Lab. It will be his best buddy as he is not married no...
Views: 566   Replies: 14
Last Post: Dec 21, 2010 6:52pm
by would be just me
Old Pro Plan formula
This may be a long shot, but I was wondering if anyone has information laying around for the old ingredient list and guaranteed analysis for the old Chicken & Rice formula.
Views: 392   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 21, 2010 6:41pm
by Cinderbay
Missing front tooth by accident
My youngster broke her upper middle front tooth in half so the other half has fallen out so there is a gap from where the tooth was. I will get a certificate from the vet that says this is from an accident and not a birth defect. My question is, are judges satisfied...
Views: 438   Replies: 12
Last Post: Dec 21, 2010 4:17pm
by Hildur~Draumalan...
s
Sara
Another Name Help
I was wandering if I could get some help with a registered name. I am not very good at fun ones. The boys call name is Booth. I wanted to name him from the TV show Bones. So I am trying to think of a registered name that goes with the character on the show. Wo...
Views: 309   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 21, 2010 3:42pm
by breeder
Labs in Texas that need to be rescued
Sadly these are desperate times. There were several Labradors that were surrendered by a well known breeder to the Houston SPCA. 2 were deemed re-homable and 1 was rescued by it's original breeder when the micro-chip was scanned. Houston SPCA needs someone to res...
Views: 1163   Replies: 19
Last Post: Dec 21, 2010 1:00pm
by Keri Schooler
Help, can't find old post
There was a post on here a while back (maybe a month or two ago) that mentioned a product which was safe to give puppies at 2 weeks which pretty much eliminated the risk of coccidia. I can't recall the product. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? TIA
Views: 320   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 21, 2010 12:17pm
by vet tech
d
DebiR
Chicago Show Results
Where can I go to see the Chicago show results. I didn't see it under Onofrio or Infodog. TIA!
Views: 335   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 21, 2010 10:31am
by DebiR
f
foodie
Putting weight on 10 week old.
I have a 10 week old I would like to put some weight on. Would it be smarter to start her on PPP Performance, or Orijen LBP? I like the ingredients in Orijen better, and an older girl of mine did well on it, I just stopped feeding her it because of price. I've never...
Views: 335   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 21, 2010 9:29am
by Breeder X
Congratulations ... Jennifer Kelly, 2011 California Teacher of the Year!
On November 12, the California Department of Education announced the California Teachers of the Year for 2011. If you haven’t heard by now, our own Jennifer Kelly of Belgairn Labradors was named a 2011 California Teacher of the year!!! Jennifer teaches eighth...
Views: 539   Replies: 25
Last Post: Dec 20, 2010 10:07pm
by Bonnie Hall
Vitreous Degeneration
I've never heard of it, but just discovered one of my dogs has it. Diagnosed during CERF exam. Has anyone else had any experience with this? The information I found mentions retinal detachment - Yikes!
Views: 291   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 20, 2010 8:54pm
by Shelley
Outdoor kennel run De Icer
With two + weeks of below freezing , I HAD to hose the outdoor runs, of course it left a sheet of ice. Well , to be safe we put CAT Litter on the runs.....BIG mistake. Now the dogs, the runs, indoor and out, the walls are covered with litter MUD :-(( Does anyon...
Views: 357   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 20, 2010 8:47pm
by Magnesium Chlori...
Kroger Recalls Pet Foods
Kroger Recalls Pet Foods Due to Possible Health Risk Mon, 20 Dec 2010 10:14:00 -0600 The Kroger Co. said today it is recalling select packages of pet food sold in some of its retail stores because the products may contain aflatoxin, which poses a health risk...
Views: 296   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 20, 2010 4:51pm
by Marjorie
2 week old pups with the runs???
my pups just hit 2 weeks today and last night the pups stool went from regular puppy stool to liquid stool. I gave them bene bac this morning. The mom's stool is fine. Is this normal for 2 week old pups? their mom has very rich milk and they eat a lot. They are sta...
Views: 332   Replies: 11
Last Post: Dec 20, 2010 4:39pm
by Windycanyon
This is ridiculous!
Talking of Mary Roslin Williams books: On abebooks.com there is now a first edition (1988) good condition copy of Advanced Labrador Breeding for USD 63.95, shipping from UK - USD 6.36. At the same site they are selling the new edition (2000) for + USD 1500! Go figure!
Views: 609   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 20, 2010 3:21pm
by Anki in Sweden
New Grand Champion
I hesitate to put this on here but I see other people are doing it so I guess I should have the same right to make an announcement. BISS Ch. Sureshot HySpire Impressive is now a Grand Champion. At 8 years of age, Travis received all of his Grand Champion Points at...
Views: 918   Replies: 31
Last Post: Dec 20, 2010 10:59am
by Hildur~Draumalan...
coat and food
How many of you feel that coat, not just condition but amount, is directly related to food? No flames, I understand much is genetic, either you have it or you don't however, has anyone ever really noticed an improvement when switching or using a certain food. If so...
Views: 345   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 20, 2010 10:56am
by Hildur~Draumalan...
Name help, please?
I have a yellow male who is in need of a name! I've seen a lot of you come up with some great ones on the board, so thought I'd see if anyone had any help to offer. I'm open to anything, I just like the call name to tie into the registered name. His sire is Gha...
Views: 425   Replies: 14
Last Post: Dec 20, 2010 2:48am
by LIL
n
Show leads.
What is the difference in the show leads used at a specialty show than a regular show? The pictures that I've seen they hang down around the dogs shoulder/neck area when stacked. I would like to use this type of lead so if anyone can tell where I can get them and the...
Views: 643   Replies: 11
Last Post: Dec 19, 2010 9:06pm
by Alfredo Vallejo
s
sth
Nursing Mom with Yeast Between Mammaries
Good Morning and Happy Holidays to all. I have eight 3 week old puppies and a wonderful bitch who loves her babies and takes excellent care of them. Since day 3 post whelp she has had lots of milk and has continued to have a yeast problem between the folds of her m...
Views: 270   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 19, 2010 7:19pm
by wipe
How to add a new co-owner to your dog?
Can someone tell me how to add a new co-owner onto my dog? I searched the AKC site and can't find any forms or info on how to do that.
Views: 293   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 19, 2010 7:15pm
by called
Male age 10 losing fur
My nephew's dog is losing his fur - lots of it. His belly and lower legs up to his flanks is bald. It was bright red, but the redness subsided after the cortisone shot. He is under a vet's care, they have ruled out food allergies. He has been getting steroid shots, b...
Views: 387   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 19, 2010 7:09pm
by Melody Losea
Show Pics
Do we HAVE to pay for show pictures even if they really Horrible?
Views: 489   Replies: 16
Last Post: Dec 19, 2010 3:32pm
by anon on this
Coccidia in a pregnant bitch
I shall be taking her to the vet in the morning, but what can I give her in the meantime that is safe for her unborn's? She was bred two weeks ago. Thanks.
Views: 308   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 19, 2010 2:13pm
by Ditto
Thankful but NLR
We are in the midst of a winter snow storm/blizzard here in Michigan. The dogs are in heaven playing in the white stuff, and it's great fun watching them. Today my grandkids came to the door dressed in their snowsuits and boots. The look of joy on my two year old...
Views: 798   Replies: 13
Last Post: Dec 19, 2010 12:33pm
by Michele-Brownsto...
New AM. CH.
Congratulations Cathy Arebalo (West Lake Labradors) on Lucy (Am/Can. CH. Ambridge Turn Me Loose) finishing her Am. Ch. yesterday at Starved Rock KC in IL! Lucy is by Am/Can. CH. SHR Summerset Buoys Nite Out WC, CGC x Ambridge Good Day Sunshine).
Views: 580   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 19, 2010 10:58am
by Kathy Wiecha
Kansas: Missing Lab!!! Can anyone help?
I just got a call from a puppy owner (she's a vet too) with a year old yellow female who is missing from the backyard. They have a six foot high privacy fence and she's well trained so they aren't sure what happened. If anyone is around there that could keep an eye...
Views: 367   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 19, 2010 9:42am
by valwhalen
Need Ortho vet CT or MA
Does anyone know of a good vet ortho surgeon in CT or MA with experience doing arthroscopic surgery on pups with djd?
Views: 342   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 19, 2010 7:27am
by Carol
Breeder In Los Angeles
Does anyone remember a breeder from L A that used to charge 5000.00 each (I almost fell off my chair)for his pups and put a few months of basic obedience on them? I was told he sold and or sells to the stars. My atty. bought a pup from him and said he was a His...
Views: 437   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 18, 2010 11:29pm
by Breeder
Homeopathic remedies for Kennel Cough?
Has anyone ever used homeopathic remedies for kennel cough with any success?
Views: 251   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 18, 2010 8:17pm
by Thomas Labs
Eye Exam
Punctated Anterior Cortex ( microscoptic ) In Left eye only. Recheck in six month's to see if there is any change. Suspect not inherited. Any thought's ? Any info or web site's for me to go to. Thank You Kay
Views: 217   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 18, 2010 5:19pm
by valwhalen
cruciate
Healthy, active 9 year young big boy (95 lbs). Torn cruciate. Surgery? Encapsulate? TPLO?, or just rest?
Views: 283   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 18, 2010 2:57pm
by question
Another premate question please-different poster.
I have no breeder friends that use premate so I have no one to ask. What is the reason to use premate instead of progesterone levels? After reading the other questions it sounds confusing and difficult to figure out exactly when to breed or when the bitch is du...
Views: 284   Replies: 13
Last Post: Dec 18, 2010 9:21am
by Heather
j
Jo
New puppies and antibiotics
A friend's bitch just had a litter of puppies by C-Section and the bitch has an abcess in the vagina area, the reason for the C-Section. The vet does not want to put the bitch on antibiotics because of the puppies. The bitch does not have a temperature or showing a...
Views: 176   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 18, 2010 8:58am
by sth
k
Katie
Adding Probiotics
Just started giving Dogzyme Digestive Enhancer. After 2 days, 2 seniors have diarrhea and 1 adult has loose stools and terrible gas. I gave the recommended daily amount, 1/2 with morning feeding and 1/2 with evening meal. Should I have gradually worked up to the r...
Views: 287   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 17, 2010 10:58pm
by Katie
c
C.G.
To Dew or not to Dew?
Would love to know some opinions on removing dewclaws or leaving them on. Happy Holidays Hope all of you are staying warm! PS I have removed previously but very much hate doing so.
Views: 588   Replies: 26
Last Post: Dec 17, 2010 8:27pm
by AnnaH
s
Shofur
Looking for photos' of these passed dogs. late 70's - early Mid 80's
I was offered some frozen semen of this passed dog. I know of his pedigree. And I remember Bronson. But its been while ago.So is there anyone who can refresh my memory with some pictures. And possibly his sire. Ch.Pyradmids then came Bronson he was chocolate...
Views: 426   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 17, 2010 5:17pm
by Shofur
Spreading Holiday Cheer
http://ak.imgag.com/imgag/product/preview/flash/pdShell.swf?ihost=http://ak.imgag.com/imgag&brandldrPath=/product/full/el/&cardNum=/product/full/ap/3173936/graphic1 It's really cute, make sure to have the sound on! If this does not open, email me and I will sen...
Views: 281   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 17, 2010 2:09pm
by NewbieABC
b
bdr
Pricing for breeding expenses...
Something I read in another post has me thinking... How much do you typically pay for breeding expenses? For example, our vet that is very familiar with repro services, does Progesterone for $67, AI's and Collections, $70 each. What do those things cost...
Views: 953   Replies: 33
Last Post: Dec 8, 2010 12:34am
by Breeder
j
Jill
Phasing out the Forum
I am going to be phasing out the Forum. As I will leave the original posts up long enough for people to search though them, incase there is something they want to copy, and/or need information from. PLEASE , no private emails to me. I’ve been considering phas...
Views: 2094   Replies: 27
Last Post: Dec 17, 2010 1:47pm
by Lois@Majestx
Update on Texas rescues
Received this from Erin earlier & wanted to update the community. "Hi Fellow Labrador Lovers, Many of you have heard the story of the Labradors that have been left at the Houston SPCA by a breeder in the Houston Area. I was called a week ago to get one out of t...
Views: 585   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 17, 2010 1:39pm
by valwhalen
Handlers and Expenses
Is anyone else finding that most handlers charge you for expenses even if they do a ringside pick up? That just doesn't seem fair or ethical to me. I'd have to chip in another 25 over and above for travel expenses. They all seem to be talking to each other...
Views: 575   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 17, 2010 1:39pm
by Not all do
show photos
Even though it is sometimes cost prohibitive, it is always a treat when you open your mailbox and find that someone has had a win under you and has sent you a picture of that proud moment. I know we often complain about the quality of photographers, but I received o...
Views: 433   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 17, 2010 11:22am
by Laura Dedering -...
Royal Canin MAXI Babydog 30
Does any one use Royal Canin MAXI Babydog 30 puppy food or Royal Canin Labrador Retriever Puppy 33? What about the wheat in the Labrador Retriever Puppy Food?
Views: 211   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 17, 2010 10:34am
by Elizabeth Martin
Mark you calendars
I was just looking through the upcoming shows on AKC's web site and the Trenton KC show on May 8 has Carole Coode from England judging. I was so surprised but in a good way! I have never gone to that show but will put it on the top of my list this year.
Views: 359   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 17, 2010 1:46am
by show dog
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Free Forum powered by Bravenet