Start a New Topic 
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
NEW CAN CH
Congrats goes to "Venture Kenya Moontug" got his CAN CH this weekend also 1st in Groups!!!!! Congrats from his dad "Baja Weikenlin Moonking" Thank you goes to Belquest,Labradale,Highcaliber,co-owners, Breeder Terri Boyle/Sue Vose Yippee !!!!!
Views: 512   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 14, 2010 8:53am
by Chris Valdez
Handling Class?
Just moved here and wondered if there are any handling classes in the Riverside area? I'm in Ontario Ca. Thx .....Jared
Views: 301   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 14, 2010 7:57am
by bdr
Tyson Farms Labradors - Sandy Tyson (Scott???)
I'm trying to locate a personal friend of mine, Sandy Tyson of Tyson Farms Labradors & Gun Dogs. Last I heard she remarried (after the death of her late husband Tom). Rumor has it her new last name is Scott, but I can't even verify that. Last known address was in...
Views: 1152   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jul 13, 2010 6:15pm
by !
Bakersfield Vets familiar with Marquis?
I live in Bakersfield, Ca. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good breeder friendly vet in this area that is familiar with the use of Marquis paste as a cocci preventative?
Views: 231   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 13, 2010 2:33pm
by Bakersfield Bree...
mastitis
Wondering if you can help me…. My lab (maiden bitch) has mastitis, diagnosed & started tx on Fri., stayed overnite at vet (Took her to ER on Thurs nite & they didn’t catch it and sent us home after x-rays, blood work & exam by 2 vets) Picked her up Sat...
Views: 408   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jul 13, 2010 2:00pm
by NewbieABC
Dog chiropractor
Has anyone taken their dog to a chiropractor? If so do you think it helped? I have a dog that throws his rear. X-rays are good and no nerve issues. We have Labradors and 1 pug and of course it's the pug.
Views: 362   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 13, 2010 12:52pm
by Patty/Snowco
Not a Lypoma
My 5 year old male is under the knife right now. We thought we were going in to remove a Lypoma on his shoulder. The clinic just called and said it is not a lypoma, and she isn't sure what it is yet. Last week I took him in because it was swollen up and when a...
Views: 409   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 13, 2010 12:49pm
by Patty/Snowco
royal canin pro ht 42d
Has anyone had any experience with this food ? Opinions ?
Views: 844   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 13, 2010 12:31pm
by Pierry & Stan - ...
k
kd
MMM
My 8 year old was just diagnosed with MMM -- Masticulatory Muscle Myositis yesterday. Has anyone ever dealt with this before? Prognosis? We are on 80mg/day of prednisone!
Views: 466   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 13, 2010 12:24pm
by kd
Seven Dogs Dead Due To Excessive Heat in St. Louis 2009 UPDATE
A little over a year ago I posted a report about a handler who had 7 dogs die in her care due to heatstroke. She went to trial and was sentenced to 8 years in prison for her negligence. Her name was Mary Wild. I just thought I'd post the outcome of the trial for e...
Views: 876   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 13, 2010 8:53am
by Older & Wiser
OFA
I have 2 girls that I would like to get OFA testing. They are both due to come into heat in the next 30 to 60 days..is it too close to have hips done? and if so when would be the right time after their cycle?
Views: 415   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 12, 2010 7:06pm
by Learning
Giardia
If your dog has had it, what med(s) did you use to get rid of it, and what was the length of treatment? Also, there is some talk about cysts still showing up after the dog is cured. Have you heard anything about this? Oh and before anyone jumps up and says the d...
Views: 538   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 12, 2010 5:17pm
by G mom
At what age do you see that your puppy is not working for you?
When do you usually see on puppies/youngsters that you are running on that they are not growing into as promising dogs as they where as puppies?? TIA
Views: 555   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 12, 2010 3:14pm
by Breeder
Do I enter or not?
I want to enter a 1 year old puppy for a show in 3 weeks. she blew most of her coat and the new one is just starting to come out. At this point she doesn't look good at all. My question is, how long would it take for her to have all her coat out again? Will she be g...
Views: 752   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jul 12, 2010 2:23pm
by Breeder op
Breeders House fire in NJ?
Just hear that a Lab breeder in NJ lost their home and dogs in a fire. Wondered if anyone knows who it was and if there is anything we can do to help them in this tragic time?
Views: 853   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 12, 2010 2:06pm
by Patty/Snowco
Views: 236   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 12, 2010 1:09pm
by Breeder
Urine Management
I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions re: the control of outside urine. Presently, I am using garden lime as the main method of control with occasional vinegar washes. It seems to be working fairly well but I wonder if there is a better method of control....
Views: 352   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 12, 2010 11:50am
by Dog/Barn Yard St...
Optigen pricing, combo PRA/RD tests
I wrote Optigen, for I find their pricing information is poorly written. Their current policy on their "summer sale": "Sorry for the confusion on pricing....the combo test prices during a discount period will be reduced by 25% (includes the 5% online discount)...
Views: 308   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 12, 2010 8:58am
by Charlotte K.
n
new mom with diarreha
Have a first time mom with puppies that has very bad diarreha. Have tried chicken and rice, canned pumpkin, yogurt.. vet said I could try pro pectalin. Is that ok for 2 day old pups????
Views: 397   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jul 12, 2010 7:47am
by well
Indiana Update
Hello. A year ago, a Lab breeder in Indiana voluntarily surrendered his 45 Labs, two Field Spaniels, a cat and two birds to the Morgan County Humane Shelter. Once the Lab community got wind of this, the outpouring of support was amazing! Literally, Lab breeders fr...
Views: 656   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 11, 2010 11:30pm
by Patty Wilcox
3 day old puppies dying
I am the owner of a stud dog, bred to a bitch that whelped a healthy litter of 4 puppies on Monday, between 0230 and 1030. No oxytocin, no problems whelping. The bitch had no shots, immunizations, medications of any kind during her pregnancy. Puppies have all nursed...
Views: 982   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jul 11, 2010 10:09pm
by Labbylover19732
Kennel name order
I've seen dogs names done several ways such as: 1. Breeders Kennel name then owner's kennel name then dog's name. 2. Breeder's Kennel name then dog's name then "at" owner's kennel name. Which of the 2 are correct?
Views: 598   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 11, 2010 8:06pm
by Forestwood
pra test through another company
Is this legit? and how? http://www.animalgenetics.us/Canine/prcd.htm
Views: 599   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jul 11, 2010 7:08pm
by Breeder too
Retained puppy canines
Do you have your vet remove retained puppy canines if the adult canines are coming in and the puppy canines show no signs of coming out? Specifically the lower canines. The presence of the puppy canines seems to be keeping the adult canines from proper placement.
Views: 289   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 11, 2010 12:05pm
by Sue
Tylan powder dosage?
Puppies are 4 weeks old.
Views: 364   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 10, 2010 12:31pm
by not Nancy...
b
brd
To section or not!
I have a bitch that's having two pups. She's had 3 previous litters naturally 4,8 & 8. So i'm wondering if I let her try to whelp these pup's or section?
Views: 605   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jul 10, 2010 11:30am
by Michele
Boston Show Photos
Has anyone who went to the Boston Specialty a few weeks ago received their win photos yet? Does anyone know who took the photos and when they may be out? Its been 3 weeks and no sign of them. Just curious.
Views: 445   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 10, 2010 8:07am
by Melody Losea
Update on boy with FCE
Hello All... I recieved an update from Jane and told her I'd post it here, below is her note they took their other lab to see his buddy: "Just back from seeing Guinness. The boys were overjoyed to see each other it was very heart warming! It was very motivati...
Views: 604   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 10, 2010 2:09am
by Breeder
My Itchy Butt
OK guys what can I do????? My human has dewormed me....had me expressed twice and even checked for allergies but my butt itches so bad I'm wearing it raw...OUCH! What can I do??? Very truly yours, Itchy Scooter
Views: 549   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jul 9, 2010 8:27pm
by Hummmm...
Dr. Hutchinson?
Dr. Hutch: ? Dr. Michael Hutchinson Animal General 20411 Route 19 Lasalle Plaza Unit 10 Cranberry Township, PA 16066 Phone: (724) 776-7930 Thanks for your help!
Views: 584   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 9, 2010 8:16pm
by newbieABC
n
Pain meds
Can you use Ibuprofen or Tylenol on dogs? I just spayed my female and only have a little Rimadyl in the house. Wondering if I have to contact vet for more or can just use a pain killer I already have at home. Thanks
Views: 376   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 9, 2010 7:31pm
by Call vet
j
Jill
Updates
Just wanted to let everyone know that the Specialty Calendar and Specity Results pages have been up dated. enjoy! -Jill
Views: 486   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 9, 2010 5:14pm
by Jill
Thoughts Please ...
What to do with a 5 year old neutered male Golden that has recently started growling at his children ... ages 8 & 10. I believe it started over his food ... they feed him in his crate now. However, he has started growling as the children are petting him. He has...
Views: 721   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 9, 2010 4:03pm
by anon #1
expired wormer
I think I saw a worm...the first time ever. Puppies are 4 weeks old and have been wormed once. So I just wormed again and saw that the wormer med expired in 2007. I don't breed often. What now? Worm again witrh new stuff? Other bottle expired 2009. Maybe jus...
Views: 328   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 9, 2010 12:08pm
by brdr
c
CHV
Up Date on 3 day old pupppies
Hoping to hear some good news. Please up date when and if you can.
Views: 457   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 9, 2010 12:06pm
by CHV
How hot is it ?
Its so hot, tell us. What have you been doing for the dogs ? Even the pool water is hot.
Views: 473   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jul 9, 2010 11:10am
by Michigan
recipe ~ satin balls
I have looked for it on here but can't find it...Thanks for your help...This is for a 13yr male that their vet only told them to feed more often...
Views: 323   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 9, 2010 10:44am
by Breeder
p
PA
Photos from Greater Pittsburgh
For those of you that had photos done at GPLRC they are suppose to be mailed out sometime next week. The photographer is out of town at the moment. It won't be long.
Views: 284   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 9, 2010 8:50am
by PA
Coat Color Testing
Can anyone give me information on the best company to go with for coat color testing if chocolate may be hiding? I remember hearing somewhere a long time ago that VetGen or HealthGene was bad at catching the chocolate gene and may occassionally miss it. What...
Views: 320   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 8, 2010 11:30pm
by Possibly Choco
Are there any results from Day1 of West Frienship, MD shows?
TIA for any results or links provided for the 1st day of the West Friendship, MD shows. Are they MB-F or Rau? So far, I can't find anything or I wouldn't be posting. Was anyone there that can fill us in? Thank you.
Views: 277   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 8, 2010 11:26pm
by Lab Brdr
Hotel reccomendations for Canfield shows
Hello all, I'm headed to the Canfield, Ohio shows again this year and need a recommendation for a hotel...the one I had last year a a little lacking in a few departments, and I'd like to try someplace else. Any suggestions?
Views: 176   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 8, 2010 10:27pm
by I Can Field
Draw the Dog
A few weeks ago I was fortunate to take a once in a lifetime photo of Mom and Mouse. I sent it to my friends at Draw the Dog.com not for a cartoon but because I believe it showed the power of the dogs in our lives and wanted to share. Imagine my joy and surprise thi...
Views: 565   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jul 8, 2010 9:54pm
by researcher
b
Betty
Question on penis sucking
Got your attention, didn't I? I have a 16 day old litter with 8 girls, two boys. Even when seemingly full/satisfied, the girls want to go for the boy's private parts to suck more. Their suction is really strong on a finger/etc. Will this harm the boys? Sho...
Views: 538   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jul 8, 2010 9:39pm
by Betty
Cooler coats
Anyone know where I can buy a "Cool Coat" for my dog? We are having a major heat wave and she's really bothered by it and older. If anyone knows a supplier in Canada please post. Thanks!
Views: 348   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 8, 2010 4:22pm
by nicole
s
STH
Herpes Virus
I have read through the archives and have gotten allot of valuable information about puppies and helpes, but I could not find any information on identifying ways to tell if your bitch has gotten it when she is not in whelp or bred. I was at a dog show 4 weeks ago wit...
Views: 597   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 8, 2010 4:18pm
by curious
No tootsie rolls
I have 11 week old puppies that are Innova Large puppy. They have had loose stools since the beginning, even with the wormings, vet meds, etc. I just picked up and 18 month old and she is also having the same problem, All adults are fine. Have also been giving s...
Views: 471   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 8, 2010 4:03pm
by question
baer testing
has anyone baer tested a 8 week lab pup? I am planning on having my pup tested next week. I am curious as to what is involved in the test and how it will effect the pup?
Views: 387   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 8, 2010 1:22pm
by Cathy
Puppy Supplements??
It's been quite a few years (like 6) since I have had puppies. I have a litter planned in a few months and wanted to know what you guys typically do. Do any of you supplement with glucosamine etc, etc? If so, how much and for how long? What about young do...
Views: 235   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 8, 2010 1:18pm
by Cathy
Labrador Quarterly Stud Issue - July 2010
When in July can you expect to receive?
Views: 626   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 8, 2010 10:07am
by Breeder too
Pro Pet Products Recall - FYI
http://www.propetrecall.com/uploads/FINAL_Press_Release_--_UPG_Recall-_7-2-10_PM.pdf
Views: 221   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 8, 2010 9:44am
by Mary S from Stil...
c
CM
O/T - Travelling in England/Scotland
My daughter and two college friends are leaving this Thursday for 2 weeks in England & Scotland. Can we say just a wee bit excited?! Is there anyplace online for a listing of dog shows there that I can pass along to them??? TIA
Views: 363   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 8, 2010 8:25am
by CM
Orthopedics
How many clear generations do you like to see orthapedically when doing a breeding? I personally like to see a minimum of 3 on both sides but I prefer seeing 5 to 7 for my bitch and the stud dog. Am I being too fussy? Isn't the chance of ED & HD lower with each...
Views: 480   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 8, 2010 1:43am
by Got a question
Descending testicals in a pup.
Looking for info. Someone told me they posted about this sometime ago ,But I can't find it in the search. Or perhaps you can let me know Which side will the testical come down.And which side will it never come down. The thing with this pup. Both were there as an 8...
Views: 335   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 7, 2010 5:21pm
by Breeder
Looking for some chocolate show breeders in europe Can anyone advise?
Hi, Looking for some chocolate breeders.With pure european/scandi lines with out US influence. Since I only know english would prefer the same of them.Hard to contact anyone if we can't understand each other.!!! Please email me I live in the US. TIA DeDe
Views: 453   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 7, 2010 5:27pm
by bdr
Spirit of St. Louis Labrador Retriever Club Specialties
Judges for upcoming specialty 11-06-10 and 11-07-10 Saturday All Sweepstakes, Linda Ciancio, Regular and Non-Regular Classes, Linda Bednarski, Sunday All Sweepstakes Classes Sandy McMillan, Regular and Non-Regular Classes Sharon Grieves. Pending AKC approval of Judg...
Views: 368   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 7, 2010 4:19pm
by wondering
And.... Did We Mention Our Echo Clinic :)
Did We Mention Our Echo Clinic? E.O.L.B.A. is hosting an Echo Cardiogram Clinic at the show site. This clinic is open to All Breeds and we currently have some availabilty on both Saturday and Sunday. For full details please open this flier: http://www.e...
Views: 256   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 7, 2010 9:18am
by Joanne Fernall
E.O.L.B.A. Closes Today at 8:00 p.m.
Can you believe it.......... here it is.......... closing day! Entries for the Eastern Ontario Labrador Breeders Association Back to Back Specialty shows close today at 8:00 pm. For a full Premium list please go to: http://www.mjnshowservices.com/mjnplists/...
Views: 271   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 7, 2010 9:10am
by Joanne Fernall
s
Sniff
Using nose to hunt
Hi hunters, I've recently switched from field Labradors to conformation type for a variety of reasons. I am training a conformation pup for JH. She is a great marker, very birdy and retrieves to hand but does not use her nose to find a dummy or bird when needed....
Views: 472   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jul 6, 2010 11:48pm
by Diane W
Pup synthetic grass
Wondering if anyone has used the Pup Grass synthetic grass system for their litters? Pros and cons.. I have a large litter and don't care for newspaper, shavings or pellets.. They are too messy.. This system sounds like it could work great if the pups use it and do...
Views: 350   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jul 6, 2010 10:50pm
by Yea
Potomac critiques??????
What happened to the Potomac critiques? There used to be a note on the web site saying available when we get them, or something to that nature. Now it's gone as is the link to the show results as well. It's July....Potomac was in April.... Can we get the crit...
Views: 925   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jul 6, 2010 8:55pm
by Lab bdr
Labrador Quilt
I noticed on the Potomac show website, their silent auction had a Lab quilt that was just gorgeous. Does anyone know who donated it and if they have other quilts similar to purchase. Can someone please direct me! Thank you!
Views: 362   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 6, 2010 3:49pm
by NewbieABC
Moving a kennel
For those of you who have been breeding a number of years and have relocated during that time, how do you transport dogs during a move to a new home? Is there a good, safe way to move a whole kennel of dogs in just one or two trips? Advice, suggestions, personal expe...
Views: 701   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jul 6, 2010 2:51pm
by Linda Wages
limping
Two months ago my very athletic pup (16 months old at the time) injured her right rear leg while playing with the pack in my yard. I spoke to a vet friend who suggested that I crate rest her for a week to ten days and see if there was improvement since she could put...
Views: 528   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 6, 2010 1:04pm
by Joy
j
Jan
EOLBA and Limestone All Breed closes tomorrow 8:00pm EDT.
Limestone District All Breed & EOLBA Specialty entries close tomorrow at 8:00pm EDT! We expect Labradors from near and far to join us at the wonderful Rideau Acres in Kingston, Ontario for the last show of the circuit Fill out your entries at http://mjnshowser...
Views: 217   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 6, 2010 12:27pm
by Jan
b
Bill
puppy buyer question
I received a call from someone wanting to purchase a puppy from me. They are hearing impaired and called using one of those services where they type and the person communicates their messege. Anyway the buyer is not from my area and has a private shipper. They are go...
Views: 688   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jul 5, 2010 11:01pm
by Breeder
newspaper/shavings
What is best to use in the puppy pen area? This is my first litter and I'm not sure if just laying newspapers down or going to an area with shavings is best. What do others use-litter is only a little over a week but I'm looking for advice. Thanks!
Views: 371   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 5, 2010 8:55pm
by labs
FDA recall: Salmonella: Pet supplements: Calming, joint, vitamins, etc.
FDA recall: Pet supplements recall expanded due to Salmonella: Calming, Vitamin, Glucosamine, coprophagia Deter Tabs) etc. http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm217999.htm I admit to going and grabbing the tablets I just gave an impressionable adolescent toy do...
Views: 406   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 5, 2010 8:42pm
by Charlotte K.
Joint "Click" in puppy
Has anyone had a puppy (like
Views: 341   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 5, 2010 6:23pm
by Me too
Willy
Godspeed to you Willy! Run with the clouds! GB Sh Ch SW Sh RAMSEYVILLE ROUTE SIXTY SIX J.W. June 2002 - June 2010 My deepest and heartfelt condolesences to the Browns and Gunilla....
Views: 599   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 5, 2010 4:52pm
by Condolences
yellow 2 wk old no apparent eye rim pigment?
I have a 2 week old litter and they are just starting to open their eyes... The first puppy has beautiful pigment on the feet , nose, lips, but no apparent pigment on the eye rims. Has anyone experienced this? I have always been told if there is lack of eye rim pigm...
Views: 498   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jul 5, 2010 3:13pm
by Breeder
g
ge
Mom with new babies has Kennel Cough
A puppy person stopped by my house on Mon.(they were in the area)to show me how nice their puppy is looking(I am the puppies breeder). We stayed outside because I had a pregnant bitch due to have her puppies within days inside resting. The visit was brief, but nice....
Views: 369   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 5, 2010 2:14pm
by one of many bree...
help bring on more milk
Is there anything I can do to help aid in bringing in more milk for my bitch. She doesn't seem to be producing as much as last time. The pups are 5 days old and acting like they are not getting enough milk when they eat.
Views: 447   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jul 5, 2010 12:05pm
by Leslee Pope
?
?
goats milk
Can someone tell me where to purchase goats milk? Thank you
Views: 345   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jul 5, 2010 10:36am
by Patty Wilcox
Heat for the East
Think ahead for your dogs. Some are not use to the extreme heat. News calling for the next 5 days to be extreme, the worst in years. Buy fans, find shade, the heat can kill. Leave the dogs at home, no car rides. Some areas more use to this mess than others, just take...
Views: 494   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 5, 2010 10:34am
by brdr
prostaglandins and open pyometra
Has anyone ever successfully bred a bitch who had recovered from an open pyo but who had NOT gotten prostaglandin shots? I'm vacillating between spaying my five year old or breeding her one last time. She is currently on a second round of antibiotics (Cephalaxin th...
Views: 371   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 4, 2010 9:52pm
by yes
a
anyone
honest kitchen
Has anyone ever raised a litter on this food-I have my adults on it and with my first litter wonder if anyone else has used this. It is all life stages-just curious about others experience-if any.
Views: 459   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 4, 2010 8:51pm
by funny
n
N
Cardio
I wondering how the cardio clearence works? For example what if only the male had cardio clearence, female never had it done. Does it make any difference in the pups affected or not? I hope this makes sense!?
Views: 334   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 4, 2010 7:18pm
by Breeder too
OB Fun Match July 24th Hosted by Keystone LRC
The new Keystone Labrador Retriever Club (KLRC) is hosting our first obedience match on July 24th. Entries are limited and close on July 17th. The event is open to all breeds Contact: Karen Vare: svare@comcast.net or Edie Castor: wake87@comcast.net Here...
Views: 195   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 4, 2010 7:11pm
by Edie
OKC
Any news on Winners from today's show (Sat)? TIA
Views: 400   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 4, 2010 3:29pm
by Leeda
Happy Birthday, Jilly Bean!
Happy Birthday To You... Happy Birthday To You... Happy Birthday Dear Jilly Bean... Happy Birthday To You!!! With Much Love From The Silva Family
Views: 362   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 4, 2010 2:24pm
by A Good friend
Need help
Can someone email me the major line that is thought to carry or produce TVD?
Views: 842   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 3, 2010 12:53pm
by Wag the Dog (1)
Vet for OFA Films on Vancouver Island?
Can anyone recommend a good Vet for ofa xrays of hips and elbows on Vancouver Island - preferably within 30 minutes of Victoria, British Columbia? Thank you.
Views: 269   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 4, 2010 9:35am
by Canadian
n
Not PG
Absorbing puppies
Is there a non-invasive way to determine if a bitch conceived but absorbed the puppies before the first ultrasound (at 30 days)?
Views: 726   Replies: 31
Last Post: Jul 4, 2010 2:03am
by Breeder
Kennel Cough from GPLRC
Anyone else acquire a nice case of kennel cough from the Greater Pittsburgh specialty last week? My bitch started coughing today and it's the only place we've been in several months. Whoever brought it - gee, thanks (NOT!)...
Views: 570   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jul 3, 2010 8:17pm
by courtesy
a
anon
Puppy Question
I have a very large boned substantial 7 week old male. He had alot of extra excess mass( for a lack of a better word "fat"), in his pasterns(front feet) and hocks down to his back feet. The pasterns are fine now, but the rear has all this soft tissue around his hocks...
Views: 574   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 3, 2010 6:18pm
by brdr
Need Good reply to this Person
A prospective puppy buyer contacted my friend. They had a nice conversation. Details were discuessed. Buyer wanted to think about it, check on other dogs and get back to her. She said fine. She just shared with me this buyer's voice message. He offered to "tak...
Views: 847   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jul 3, 2010 2:48pm
by breeder
Optigen - swabs?????
I just got home after two weeks away and wouldn't you know, my girl is in season very early. I have swabs and could use them for the Optigen PRA test. If I do it tomorrow, they could be to Optigen by Tuesday. But is that really OK? Has anyone done it? An...
Views: 276   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 3, 2010 8:35am
by breeder
OKC?
anyone know the results from OKC yesterday?
Views: 331   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 2, 2010 11:31pm
by Spectator
Mentors ?
In thinking about how new breeders need mentors I have to say, I have mentor several and enjoyed it. And after many years talk to mine alot. Learn new things all the time. Some I have mentored listen for about 2 years and then all of a sudden they know everything. Lo...
Views: 816   Replies: 27
Last Post: Jul 2, 2010 9:16pm
by mentor
Earliest you have introduced solid foods to puppies
I have a litter who never seems to get enough milk. They go from nipple to nipple and get frustrated after about 15 minutes.. They are big puppies and gaining daily. When is the earliest you have intriduced solid foods to your pups?
Views: 473   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jul 2, 2010 6:01pm
by Laura Dedering
Ingen
Has anyone gotten results lately ? They were moving along and catching up in May but it all seems to have stopped......again...
Views: 351   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 2, 2010 2:48pm
by Wondering
Kennel runs
Hi All, Well, the day of the great move is upon us. I've decided that once we get to KS, I am going to look into putting up one or 2 runs in the back yard for the dog kids so they can stay outside on nice days. 2 questions- anyone have a kennel run that they lov...
Views: 428   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 2, 2010 1:45pm
by Exhibitor
WRENTHAM
Any Results from Wrentham??
Views: 363   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 2, 2010 12:13pm
by Breeder
j
janet
OT- looking for free html builder
can anyone recommend a free html builder? a website I am working with is joomla but I want to build some tables and they can only be added as a WYSIWYG style. dont want to purchase web design software just to build table. thanks for any suggestions
Views: 203   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 2, 2010 9:48am
by janet
Maryland hotels
Can someone reccomend hotels in the West Frienship, Maryland area? Thanks!
Views: 274   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 2, 2010 7:32am
by breeder
Brucellosis
Had a blood sample sent ot Antech, they in turn sent it to a University. Does is really take 5 days to grow a culture, or am I getting the run around? The in house test was positive which warented the blood sample.
Views: 527   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 2, 2010 1:23am
by Smile
Hair on door knob recipe?
Can't seem to find. Does anyone have? TIA Labrador Mom
Views: 472   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 1, 2010 10:49pm
by Breeder
cataracts
I just noticed that my 5 year old girl has cataracts. she is due to be CERFed this summer. Will she pass? Do some pass and others not?
Views: 327   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 1, 2010 9:10pm
by will she pass CE...
dog breeding and marriage
Been in this 10 years. Been married 25. I am a small time breeder with only 4 dogs residing here and a couple co-owns elsewhere. This hobby is putting a huge strain on my marriage. Throwing in the towel would be the easiest but this hobby is a real passion of min...
Views: 1112   Replies: 27
Last Post: Jul 1, 2010 8:11pm
by Researcher
TVD survey
It's completely anonymous and very quick, so please take a moment or two to answer a few questions about TVD in Labrador Retrievers. Click Here to take survey
Views: 703   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 1, 2010 7:46pm
by Older & Wiser
Neutered male interested in possibly pregnant girl?
I have a girl who's had one litter previously that would be day 50 today, ultrasound showed no puppies. She seems to be fuller around the waist with some mammary development this week, despite a dramatic cut back on her food, so I'm bringing her in for an X Ray on We...
Views: 362   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 1, 2010 4:47pm
by breeder365-OP
Spotlight dogs/bitches
Beautiful line up of Labradors.
Views: 313   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 1, 2010 3:17pm
by Youngbreeder
Hip Xray Opinions?
Just did finals on my boy yesterday. I really like the look of the films and am hoping and praying for an excellent this time around. We got a "good" on prelims. Would love opinions from those of you who have a knack for reading these xrays. http://i848.photobuc...
Views: 966   Replies: 28
Last Post: Jul 1, 2010 4:21pm
by Marti Couch
b
b-1
What is "Normal"
Please no flames, I realize / know I can write or call and ask ppl what their dogs actual clearances are. BUT......when ppl advertise the dog as "Normal" for PRA and EIC etc they sometimes list "Normal/Carrier" so makes me wonder when I see "Normal" vs "Clear" in...
Views: 437   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 1, 2010 4:08pm
by breeder
Vet for OFA finals Fairfax VA area???
Can anyone recommend a clinic and name of vet within an hour of Fairfax VA for OFA finals who is fanatical about proper positioning and not just the "good enough" frame of mind when it comes to positioning?? Told one of my puppy families I would ask around for them....
Views: 202   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 1, 2010 3:17pm
by valwhalen
how long before visiting a placed Lab
I recently placed a girl in an excellent home where she's loved and spoiled, but I miss her. How long do you typically wait before you visit a Lab you've placed?
Views: 439   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 1, 2010 2:48pm
by heartbroke
o
oops
X-rays early in pregnancy?
If a bitch was "accidentally" bred and she's turning 2 in 3 weeks can she be x-rayed for hips/elbows while early on in a pregnancy? Would it be better to do x-rays right after pups are born?
Views: 225   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 1, 2010 1:37pm
by breeder
Happy Canada Day
to our fellow Canadian friends and breeders....wishing you a wonderful day today!
Views: 138   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 1, 2010 10:29am
by b-1
Ms. Laura J. Dedering
What does Laura like or dislike in labrador when She is judging?
Views: 965   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 30, 2010 11:19am
by Cindy
TVD survey results
Thank you to everyone for taking the time to complete the survey! This has been very informative and I appreciate the effort you took to not only answer the survey questions, but to also add your comments. I apologize for any misunderstanding with the questions - t...
Views: 398   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 30, 2010 10:18am
by Susan Mouw
TVD Puppy Diagnosis Question?
There is a puppy from a litter I bred who is almost 3 months old and has been diagnosed with TVD. I kept 2 girls from that litter to run on with. My question, besides checking them at my GP vet, and probably taking them to a cardiologist for a echo/doppler what else...
Views: 563   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 30, 2010 8:34am
by been there, too
Parrot Mouth
I was wondering if I could get some information from those of you who have bred puppies with parrot mouth. I have bred a few over the years and most have grew up fine needing nothing done with their teeth or bite. One that I bred last year, was the first one to nee...
Views: 511   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 30, 2010 4:42am
by had one too
j
Joy
Lola's Singlton Puppy's growth
I was wondering if a 1 pound gain of weight is typical for a singlton puppy ? She weighed 14 oz at birth then 2 days later she weighs 15 oz. How many oz a day should she be gaining ? I usually don't bother weighing my pups out of a normal size litter unless I see...
Views: 570   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 29, 2010 7:36pm
by Joy
"PUPS" bill introduced to Congress
I thought I would pass this along to everyone. I just received it and have not had time to sit down and read the article. ~ The Illinois Federation of Dog Clubs and Owners has prepared an analysis of the Puppy Uniform Protection and Safety Act that has been introd...
Views: 352   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 29, 2010 3:41pm
by Barb@RedBirch
Murmur in 8 wk puppy
I was wondering if I could get some information from people who have had experience with puppies having innocent or grade 1 heart murmurs at their litter exam. He was the only pup in the litter that had one, and my vet said he would most likely completely grow out o...
Views: 677   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jun 29, 2010 2:19pm
by shut up about it...
Vision
So, it takes a while for their vision to sharpen after they open their eyes but at what age do you expect they have normal visual?
Views: 410   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 29, 2010 1:47pm
by Breeder
Pregnancy
Earliest your girl has gone into labor and the number of puppies?
Views: 291   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 29, 2010 1:16pm
by breeder
a
anon
Kennel Names - so close, yet so far
How many of you have a kennel name that is registered with the CKC or AKC, and the names are off by 1 letter or a couple letters? How do you react to this? I try to not get frustrated, but sometimes you see a kennel name that has been around for almost 40 years, a...
Views: 1001   Replies: 24
Last Post: Jun 29, 2010 12:46pm
by Breeder
Rear Drive
Question about movement: What tool/technique have you used to improve the rear drive in movement?
Views: 499   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 29, 2010 12:15pm
by works
Rectal prolapse
I would like to hear some personal stories about anyone who has had this. I came home and my dog had about a fist size of his rectum hanging out. Went to the vet a week ago with diarrhea. Vet thought it was from the 1000's of muleberrys he was getting too. Put him on...
Views: 288   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 29, 2010 11:48am
by Kim/Pirate
Friendly Reminder.....Breeder Judges at RKC
Hi Everyone, Just wanted to remind everyone that the Riverhead KC entries close this Wed., June 30th. We have breeder judges: Friday, July 16th- Wendy McNaughton (Kazorp) Saturday, July 17th- Cheryl Curtis (Erinhill) Look forward to see you all!
Views: 465   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 29, 2010 10:40am
by Yankee
j
Jan
Club du Labrador Du Quebec Specialty Results (6/26)
For those that are interested: http://www.canuckdogs.com/index.php?PageKey=db4a3aa7-7390-102c-8ee1-dd6c8247de83&ShowKey=daa01e91-7444-102d-a31e-4ebaba77265a&Key=7ba77616-8168-11df-8516-122daacd04ac&RegionKey=e4c2edc6-0b66-11df-b8b7-8ac0277f09ae Congratulation...
Views: 519   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 29, 2010 10:39am
by Jan
Congrats to new Grand Champion!!!
Congrats to Sue Willumsen on her new Grand Champion - Walter .... CH Willcare Fly Under the Radar. Walter finished his Grand Champion at Greater Boston .... First chocolate Labrador Grand Champion .... could he be the first Labrador Grand Champion? Does anyone...
Views: 663   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jun 28, 2010 9:07pm
by Sampson Labs
need email for Gail Shearer
I have an email address for Gail but am not sure if it is correct. Would someone please send me a private email with Gail's email address. Thanks!
Views: 417   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 28, 2010 6:42pm
by CM
Maine Results
Anybody know the Maine results ???
Views: 510   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 28, 2010 2:51pm
by bev @ whipowil
whelping box bedding
Just had a litter of puppies and i have always used the pupps pro fleece. But we are having such a heat wave that my girl is getting to hot on the Thick Pro Fleece. Do they make a thinner one and can you buy it in the US? I love the fleece because it wicks away th...
Views: 251   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 28, 2010 1:41pm
by @
room temp for pups
I have a litter that is 8 days old..it is starting to get very hot here (high 80's going into the 90's) Can someone tell me what temp the room should stay at for this age...I don't have the AC on but for Fathers day on Sunday I think it will be too hot for my parent...
Views: 419   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 28, 2010 7:34am
by Labs
LOOKING FOR DATABASE ON OPTIGEN AND CERF CLEARANCES
someone we all know (who will remainin nameless at the moment) is breeding labs without clearances, according to the OFA website. I would also like to also check Optigen and Cerf database but cannot seem to locate the proper sites. Can anyone help me? Please conta...
Views: 606   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jun 28, 2010 5:21am
by marianne roussea...
Views: 814   Replies: 24
Last Post: Jun 27, 2010 11:40pm
by Leeda
b
BDR
Orlando FL Results
Any results yet?
Views: 277   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 25, 2010 12:40pm
by BDR
Rules for Exhibiting to a Breeder Judge
If the breeder of your dog is also a judge, can you exhibit the dog to him/her? Not sure of the actual rules, if there are any. TIA.
Views: 690   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 27, 2010 5:12pm
by Breeder
Transitional Vertebra
As noted by OFA. Personal experiences on the dog, on breeding program, etc. thoughts welcome.... TIA!
Views: 311   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 27, 2010 1:45pm
by Breeder
j
Joy
Lola's Lil Bundle of Joy
Hi All !!! They just called and said Lola is the proud mother of a baby girl !!!! The vet said that they didn't have to do much to the puppy, just suction her a bit and clean her up. I was told she came out of the gate full of wiggles. Those wiggle apples don't fall...
Views: 675   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jun 27, 2010 12:09pm
by Breeder also
b
BW
First Time Season for puppy bitch
I just have a general question. When should I expect my puppy bitch, now seven months old, to come into season. I know there are exceptions, but when would be the usual. Thank you for responding, BW
Views: 349   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 27, 2010 11:58am
by Breeder also
t
Tricia
stud dog not wanting to perform
Looking for some insight from longtime breeders....I have a younger stud dog (3 yrs old) on lease from another breeder. He sired 1 litter of pups for them, after that he wouldn't breed to the same bitch the next time around. We tried to use him last winter and I opte...
Views: 608   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 27, 2010 10:20am
by Breeder also
World Dog Show Lab results
Labrador Retrievers's results from The World Dog Show Denmark 2010, Thursday. Cornerstone Labradors did well, winning the male CC from Junior Class!!! https://www.hundeweb.dk/dkk/public/openIndex?ARTICLE_ID=100&UTID=101001&RAID=1220&GRID=08&SHOW_UPLASSERTE_HUNDER=
Views: 692   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 27, 2010 10:08am
by Laura
Echo Doppler Clinics in NY/NJ/MA area soon?
Does anybody know of an upcoming Echo clinic in NY/NJ/MA area? Or even a vet that does them for a reasonable fee? Thank you!
Views: 241   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 27, 2010 10:01am
by Abby Crosby
Seeking Basic Black
I have a yellow bitch whose pigment is dark but not black -- and, I've been told that breeding her to a dominant black will correct this. I'm NOT looking for names of stud dogs but wondering if there's a way to search for a male who is basic black, EEBB. Any help wo...
Views: 681   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 27, 2010 9:05am
by Breeder also
m
me
feeding pregnate bitch
Just wondering if your bitch normally gets 2 cups a food a day & is now expecting pups within a few weeks, would you feed her more?
Views: 316   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 27, 2010 8:40am
by me
Kennel Cough
How old do those who vaccinate their puppies for kennel cough do it at? I have Intertract nose spray in my refrigerator, and I usually do it with their 12 week distemper. It says you can do it anytime after 3 weeks. Does anyone vaccinate that young. I have a litt...
Views: 408   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 27, 2010 12:49am
by TALKING ABOUT IT
Ukc specialty in NJ?
I would like to know how that event went? It was supposed to be held 2 weeks ago and we've heard nothing of it. Who won? How many entries thank you!
Views: 459   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 26, 2010 2:11pm
by Breeder 30
help! sore on stud dog leg
Help, My boy has a sore on his leg, and the fur is gone, and it is pink. It is a little smaller than of a quarter. I have been giving him anti-bodics, and it is still there. It also feels hard. I plan to take him to the vet, but I am seeking Lab breeders...
Views: 308   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 26, 2010 12:03pm
by SueH
Re: Pittsburgh Specialty Day #1 News?
what's happening out there? news of class placements and big wins welcome!
Views: 704   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 26, 2010 8:46am
by Chris C
b
Bonnie
13 yr old male yellow lab having problems urinating
I have a 13 yr old intack male yellow lab who's never had any urinary problems last month he did have a l-tie back so he could breath. Yesterday i noticed he was having trouble peeing today i noticed that his penis was hard and still having trouble peeing. I took h...
Views: 350   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 26, 2010 2:25am
by Robin McBain
s
sue
contract for boarding?
does anyone have a contract for boarding a dog that they are willing to share? I'm looking for one that includes something like a hold harmless clause. Thanks for any help!
Views: 339   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 25, 2010 7:22pm
by Anon
Debridement for OCD without clinical evidence?
One of my puppy buyers with a now 13 month old boy called about a month ago to say her boy had been limping. I told her to visit her vet to look into it. I also suggested that she put the dog on one month of doxycyline in our lyme infested area. The lyme titer fr...
Views: 370   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 25, 2010 4:29pm
by Susan Bonner
j
Joy
Singleton Section Scheduled for Tommorow Morning...day 64.
My question now is, how many of you have had successful sections with a spay is done at the same time ? This vet at the emergency hospital where we normally take our dogs, is now trying to tell me it's just as easy to do a spay while doing the c-section. I asked h...
Views: 662   Replies: 27
Last Post: Jun 25, 2010 10:08am
by Don't do it
Bare Bones - 2010
My dear friends and members of the LRCP......... Why not try to make Bare Bones event as big as the spring show? Why not all the lab breeders, owners and friends, coud not come to this event witch is in our own place, in Warrenton, with a nice hotel structure? I...
Views: 725   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 24, 2010 10:17pm
by Sue @ Kilmaurs ....
Larador Apparel Co.
Is Labrador Apparel Co. still in business? The website is still up and running but the phone # is not a working number and I get no answer to my emails. http://www.labradorapparel.com/store_home.htm
Views: 342   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 24, 2010 4:23pm
by Looking for cap
e
Ellie
Drugs Fed X in the summer
I ordered a very expensive drug for one of my dogs from an reputable online drug company. It was sent out FedX ground. I got it on the 23rd It shipped from Florida. When it came yesterday the box was very hot as it was a hot day. On the label it states that the...
Views: 229   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 24, 2010 4:01pm
by Mary S from Stil...
Vitamins and minerals?
I want to know if you do only feed your dogs their dog food or do you add any vitamins and/or minerals such as Glucosamine or something else to their food when they are growing up to help reduce any joint problems?
Views: 162   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 24, 2010 1:51pm
by BDR
One Month Until E.O.L.B.A.
One Month Till “It’s Showtime!” The Eastern Ontario Labrador Breeders Association Back to Back Specialty Shows – that is! Please plan to come to our show – we promise you won’t be disappointed! Full details are available...
Views: 276   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 24, 2010 1:41pm
by Joanne Fernall
Help for calluses on elbows?
Any suggestions to eliminate or reduce the formation of calluses on elbows? I use Kuranda beds and have lots of carpeting. Any other suggestions or ointments that you can recommend?
Views: 311   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 24, 2010 12:58pm
by okay
Update on dog w/FCE
Hi All, I just spoke with Jane, Guinness's owner, she wanted me to post an update and thank everyone for their kindness and concern. Guinness has shown some signs of improvement at least on his right side. He's been doing water therapy for the last 3 day. They...
Views: 456   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 24, 2010 12:36pm
by Patty/Snowco
Hey Lori Bentine - Tremont Labradors - I met two handsome guys in the Idaho woods the other day ...
They said they belong to you!!!! One was your son Corey and the other was "Chance?" I think that was the name of the beautiful yellow dog with your son. Anyway, talk about it being a small world. I own a cabin in Pinehaven Idaho. Your son is renting one for the...
Views: 759   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 24, 2010 11:22am
by Lori Bentine
Views: 167   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 24, 2010 10:35am
by Stuck At Home
Hunt Test Prep in New England
I am interested in training my dogs for hunt tests but am not sure where to start. I am not a hunter and my husband hunts only casually. However, the dogs love being out on birds and I think it would be fun to train them for hunt tests to see what kind of aptitude...
Views: 393   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 24, 2010 10:11am
by Barb Burri
Topical hormone replacement creams affect pets
Apparently, the cream an owner may rub on her arms or hands can cause swollen vulvas, etc. in their dogs, even spayed ones. Pets contact the skin or lick off the cream. I have to wonder about more serious effects. Makes sense to me, just as we should wear gloves when...
Views: 237   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 24, 2010 9:31am
by Charlotte K.
d
Debi
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 - 3" diameter sore
I picked Kate up tonight from the vet, she's been there since Saturday for breeding purposes. When she jumped up into the SUV, I noticed a mark on her left flank by her tail. Got her home, looked her over, it was dried poop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Scrubbed off the poop wit...
Views: 498   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 24, 2010 9:06am
by Tiffany
waterproofing foam beds?
I haven't seen this discussed yet. I have a Beasley couch, with a two inch foam covered by a fabric that my dogs love. The foam is too big to put in a washing machine. Well, the puppy peed on it a couple days ago, so I have to wash the foam. Right now I have it i...
Views: 298   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 23, 2010 9:39pm
by brdr
l
Laurie
breeding bitch
OK, I am asking for a little guidance here. Any thoughts are appreciated...well constructinve ones that is. I have a bitch who on day 12 was 0.2, day 17 was 0.7, and on day 21 was 7.7. We had bred on day 17 because we didn't have the resutls back and didn't want to m...
Views: 595   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 23, 2010 7:44pm
by Laurie
k
Kay
Lab & Deer Play Ball
http://www.wimp.com/oneball Enjoy Kay
Views: 312   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 23, 2010 5:19pm
by omdoG
ProPet Vitamins recalled - FYI
http://www.upi.com/Science_News/2010/06/23/Pro-Pet-dog-vitamin-tablets-recalled/UPI-35221277298047/
Views: 241   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 23, 2010 1:24pm
by Mary S from Stil...
Juvenile Renal Disease
I found this DNA test for JRD from Dogenes, Inc. at www.dogenes.com, it seems to be available for many breeds, including Labs. My question, has anyone had or know of a Lab known to be affected or suspected of being affected by JRD? I'm curious about this test a...
Views: 258   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 23, 2010 10:36am
by Older & Wiser
Orangutang & Hound
This video put a smile on my face! Hope you enjoy! 5thworld.com/Paradigm/Postings/!Wisdom/OrangutanAndHound.HTML
Views: 258   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 23, 2010 10:23am
by NewbieABC
Singlton Pregnancies
I've never had a singlton litter before so I"m new to what to expect. Our girl was due to whelp today but her temp this afternoon was at 101. She was progesterone tested and AI'd 2 times at the stud dog's house. She doesn't look as if she has many pups in there and n...
Views: 566   Replies: 24
Last Post: Jun 23, 2010 9:57am
by Windycanyon
s
STH
Point of the Rump
Can anyone direct me to the breed standard diagram of the Labrador Retriever . In particular I am looking for the defination of where the " point of the rump" and "point of the shoulders" is located on the body. Thank you.
Views: 401   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 23, 2010 8:05am
by look
Purina - time for a change
I just got back from BJ's Wholesale Club. The new Purina One Lamb and Rice has arrived. Still in 44 pound bag and the price is the same. Just One little thing. The original Purina Lamb and Rice had 451 calories per cup. This new stuff has 384 calories per cu...
Views: 756   Replies: 25
Last Post: Jun 23, 2010 4:14am
by GOOD4U
BC Labrador Retriever Club Specialties, Obedience Trials & WC
Come to Beautiful BC Home of the 2010 Winter Olympics for the British Columbia Labrador Retriever Club WC/Back to Back Specialties & 4 all breed Obedience Trials WC/WCI/WCX Friday August 20, 2010 Back to Back Specialties & 4 All Breed Obedience Trials August 2...
Views: 217   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 23, 2010 2:00am
by BC Labrador Retr...
stroke
I know this is a lab forum sight but I have a question is regards to a cat. Has any one had a cat that has had a stroke? If so do they ever bounce back? What should I expect if I don't put him down? This probably all started with a adverse reaction to a rabies vaccine.
Views: 614   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 22, 2010 10:38pm
by anon
d
Dana
Sierra Vista Specialty Show
Sierra Vista Labrador Retriever Club Specialty Show Date: Friday, September 3, 2010 Time: 8:00am - 8:00pm Location: Nevada County Fairgrounds, Grass Valley, CA Dr. Guillermo Carillo, Breed classes Mrs. Pat Collom,Sweepstake and Veteran Sweeps Mr. Michael Ba...
Views: 216   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 22, 2010 8:57pm
by Dana
Group IV
Have to brag on my singleton puppy (Cally) who went WB, BOW and BOB at Rolla Kennel Club on Saturday. Decided to endure the heat and come back for group and she got a group IV! Rockwood's Cally Lily out of CH Windfall's New England Patriot and BISS CH Rozzay Rockwo...
Views: 561   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jun 22, 2010 3:22pm
by Stacey
paralyzed dog w/FCE need more info
Unfortunately things do not look good for this poor boy. He's been transferred to the University of Georgia, where they confirmed FCE (by MRI) and said it was an extremely severe case, with the clot affecting 3 vertebrae. At this time he is completely paralyzed and...
Views: 408   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 22, 2010 2:50pm
by Patty/Snowco
San Antonio shows
Congratulations to Stacey and Starkey Green for their wins with WB and BOB at San Antonio this weekend. We wish we could have been there to celebrate with you. Congratulations also to Ryan and Mary Chambers on WD with Sketch.
Views: 255   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 22, 2010 2:44pm
by Deloris
Boston Results
Anyone have todays results?
Views: 361   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 22, 2010 9:27am
by Congrats!
g
Gerrie
New Grampian Champion
Just heard the news...our U-Ch Grampian Lola Tortola Viking, JH, RN, WC, CGC, CC is now an AKC Champion! She earned back to back majors in PA this weekend with Kathy Mines!! Thank You Kathy!! And thank you - Robin for sharing Lola with me!!! What a birthday prese...
Views: 667   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 22, 2010 7:11am
by Robin Anderson, ...
Group 1
I was a little nervous about posting this but what the heck. On June 13 at Tacoma KC in WA my young boy Dred, Quail Run's Kindred Spirit WC was WD/BOW and BOB for his first points. I was convinced by my friend to stay for group (my first venture into this ring) and...
Views: 658   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jun 21, 2010 11:48pm
by Cindy Freeman
a
anon
web site
Looking into getting a web page and wanted to know what is the best web host to use and is the easiest to start and to upgrade? Any info would be greatful. Not much on computers but can't afford 1500 for someone to do my web page either. TIA
Views: 536   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 21, 2010 11:25pm
by tx idea
k
kd
jogging with dog
I have never sold a puppy to a runner before -- I have told them they may not jog with the puppy. I am thinking of putting it in contract but wanted to ask at what age would it be safe to jog with the dog?
Views: 362   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 21, 2010 8:11pm
by Older & Wiser
planned c-section
It was my girl's first litter. The repro vet said he saw 9 puppies on the x-ray but they were difficult to see and really jammed in there. I did not ask him about a planned c-section. I lost 2 at home and ended up going in for an emergency section and lost one mor...
Views: 454   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 21, 2010 6:25pm
by peggy Stevens
n
CD
Hi Please Help Me. I would like to know What it takes to get a CD on your dog.. Or if You would please attach the link... Thanks
Views: 316   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 21, 2010 6:21pm
by work'n dogs
c
CM
Eating Poop - UC Davis Study
forwarding with permission Hi About the most perplexing behavior of some dogs is their habit of eating their own stools or stools of other dogs. As disgusting as this behavior is, we, as the caregivers, must deal with it. At the Companion Animal Behavior Progra...
Views: 524   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 21, 2010 5:27pm
by Anon Today
runny poo and eating poo
I have a little puppy that is eating her own poop, and she is alos having REALLY stinky poop. Her fecals are clear on parasites. She eats an all natural chicken and rice, no corn, soy or b-products. No human food and is on NuVet. An ideas?
Views: 242   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 21, 2010 3:23pm
by CM
t
tiny
small puppies
I have a litter of 9 that is two weeks old tomorrow. They were all around 1lb. each when born. They are now just over 2 pounds. Bellies are full, mom is nursing regularly, puppies are content and happy, just little. Mom is eating well and is maintaining her weight...
Views: 531   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jun 21, 2010 2:03pm
by tiny
Great Job LRCGB
I'd like to commend the LRCGB for putting on a wonderful show. The members all worked very hard and were cordial and helpful to anyone in need. The raffle was great, the food was wonderful and the rings were very well organized as well. Let's not forget the lovely do...
Views: 518   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 21, 2010 10:51am
by Breeder
Puppies sucking on each other instead of nursing
I have a litter of two week old pups. They are fat and nurse too much. So I started taking mom out for small periods of time during the day. Well in the last week the pups have got really lazy They will constantly nurse on one another. They do this with mom in t...
Views: 506   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 21, 2010 10:05am
by FurrBall
pea gravel and puppies
What age is good to let young puppies out in pea gravel area. I want them to be able to go outside and play in early morning while it is still cool but I am worried they will eat the pea gravel and get blocked. These are four week old puppies. I normally have a big...
Views: 262   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 21, 2010 7:18am
by breeder1
i
Itchy
Female with swollen vulva
HI all, I have a question... My female dog came in from outside and had a swollen littel spot on her vulva, tt was red and irritated, I put Hydrocortisone ointment on it, and have been about three times a day since. but it is not getting much better. It is not red a...
Views: 346   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 21, 2010 2:30am
by I agree
j
Joanne
Rose City Specialty
Entries are closing soon so don't forget to include Rose City Labrador Retriever Club Back to Back Specialties into your summer dog show plans. Show Location: Champoeg State Heritage Area, St. Paul, Oregon Superintendent: Garvin Show Services http://www.garvin...
Views: 340   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 20, 2010 11:41pm
by Toni
Science Diet KD
Is there a replacement food that is available without a prescription? i.e. Same ingredients, same percentages, do not have to visit vet to purchase
Views: 256   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 20, 2010 9:13pm
by Hmmm
Winnebago Results?
Does anybody know them?
Views: 419   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 20, 2010 9:05pm
by More from Breed....
Leasing Contract
I'm leasing a bitch from a good friend. I would like to sign a leasing contract with her so that we don't run into any problems down the road. Does anyone have a contract handy that I could take a peek at?
Views: 317   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 20, 2010 7:03pm
by not always
voluntary recall of Natural Balance Sweet Potato & Chicken Dry Dog Food
Natural Balance Pet Foods, Inc. announces a voluntary recall of Natural Balance Sweet Potato & Chicken Dry Dog Food Due to a Possible Health Risk Contact: Customer Service (800) 829-4493 Media Contact: Daniel Bernstein (310) 902-2554 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -...
Views: 327   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 20, 2010 6:25pm
by Marjorie
Ch. Cedar Springs Bleu Polyester
Ch. Cedar Springs Bleu Polyester aka Polly passed over to the rainbow bridge a few days ago. This is a true lost for the lab world. For those of you who may not remember Polly she is bred and owned and always loved by Mary Herburger. She was ranked #1 lab bitch in 1...
Views: 535   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 20, 2010 5:50pm
by Laurie from Cana...
s
Susan
Ch. Cedar Springs Bleu Polyester
It is so sad to loose a girl like Polly but Mary had to endure a double lost. A few weeks ago she lost her dear Velvet. Velvet was Polly's sister, so this is just heartbreaking for her. I know they are ruling heaven just like they did on earth.
Views: 381   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 20, 2010 4:28pm
by Susan
Coat question
Approximately how long after a Labrador has finished blowing coat can one expect him to be back in full coat?
Views: 506   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 20, 2010 12:32pm
by Sure
Allergies-Considering feeding raw or homemade diet.
Hi Everyone, I have a male yellow lab that appears to have allergies. He is prone to ear infections and licking his feet. He also scratches a lot. He is currently on a grain free diet which controls the ear infections and the scratching somewhat, but I am thinking...
Views: 292   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 20, 2010 11:05am
by Guillermo
b
b-1
My friend Kathy
Won the AM-Bred class at the LRCGB Specialty yesterday, she's worked hard and played fair. I'm thrilled for her. Her boy "River" aka CELTIA'S RIVERDANCE Ch Liddle Leaping Leo - Randallane Morgan La Fey is a handsome young boy with a promising future.WTG Kathy!!!!...
Views: 618   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 20, 2010 8:15am
by Susan ~ Fenwyck
What Would You Do?
I recently completed a job for another breeder: Took her bitch in, inseminated her bitch, cared for the bitch until whelping (which included a bout of mastitis which I hot packed the girl every 20 minutes on the hour every hour, the bitch never even had a fever)....
Views: 1973   Replies: 53
Last Post: Jun 20, 2010 7:16am
by Carpe Diem
Field training help
Hi All, Well, the great move to Kansas is officially underway. 2 weeks from today I will be hauling all of my stuff and remaining dog out west! yay! Anyway, I am looking forward to, amongst other things, being able to work Hudson through his SH and god willin...
Views: 296   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 20, 2010 12:53am
by Windycanyon
c
change
puppy food
I am looking to see if anyone feeds Chicken soup or Wellness brand or, could give me input on puppy foods they are having good results with other than Pro Plan... I have a new litter. others were raised on PP however, mom isn't doing great on it and I want to put ba...
Views: 378   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 20, 2010 12:41am
by TALKING ABOUT IT
Thyroid medications for ovulation
I just heard a wild story about a breeder that gave a thyroid supplement although the bitch was low *normal*. Reason, to get her to ovulate better for a breeding. I have heard this before but by rumor, this breeder has told several others. I just can't believe a...
Views: 254   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 19, 2010 8:32pm
by Say it's not so
Nesting post whelp
3 day old litter and mom still nesting. Anyone else have this experience? Had a clean out shot, and exactly the amount of pups seem on xray... Thanks!
Views: 234   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 19, 2010 8:02pm
by Victoria from Io...
deafness??
Can anyone tell me if deafness is a hereditary problem with labradors? Report: buyer has 2 labs from me. He said the 5 year old is deaf. The other lab is 2, and the buyer said he is also going deaf. Both of these labs have the same mother, but different fathers...
Views: 322   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 19, 2010 6:46pm
by Cybrarian
repro vet
Looking for a repro vet in NJ and the contact info for Dr. Hutch.. If anyone can post, thank you Also, do you know if Hutch does phone consults?
Views: 438   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 19, 2010 6:56am
by Gayle
DNA Tests for EIC, CNM, coat color, coat length
Hi, just received this message from DDC in my inbox, they are extending their sale... Hello, Due to the overwhelming success of our recent promotion on DNA tests we decided to extend the deadline to include all samples received by June 30! For all dogs test...
Views: 536   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 18, 2010 11:59pm
by *
t
Tails?
Tales of the tail!
Pup has lovely coat and body. Tail is fully wrapped and perfect length. One big problem IT HAS A CURL on the bottom third! When she wags it is perfect but when relaxed it does this funky curl. She just turned five months, her tail was lovely until about a month...
Views: 405   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 18, 2010 9:56pm
by Hope
b
b-1
LRCGB results
sitting at home wondering, the catalog is up on Info Dog but no results will be posted. So, anyone? what happened today??
Views: 822   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jun 18, 2010 9:06pm
by Tiffany
Boston Results Link
http://infodog.com/RESULTS/2010390705/201039070513200.HTM link to the results however bred by class results are not correct other then 1st place winner. 2nd place was Fenwyck's Dr. No, 3rd place was Hollyridge Out Of The Blue and 4th place was Bellwether's Thuderb...
Views: 408   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 18, 2010 8:54am
by Kinsey Labs
AJC - What does it mean?
Just reading results on Infodog. What does AJC mean?
Views: 2961   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 18, 2010 1:04am
by Justme
Do you always attend mom during whelping?
Do any of you not attend/stay with mom during whelping? I have bred for several years, always with moms when they whelp. However, have a mom ready to breed (early for her), pups will be due 2 days after we get back from vacation. This is her last breeding - she's...
Views: 570   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 17, 2010 7:29pm
by Disgusted
r
RICK
GENERALIZED SCRATCHING - POSSIBLY RELATED TO ADVANTIX???
I have an 18 week old female Lab puppy purchased from a very reputable breeder. She was in excellent condition with no apparent physical problems. She received the appropriate doses of Interceptor on April 11, May 11 and June 11. I gave her the appropriate dose of...
Views: 372   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jun 17, 2010 4:40pm
by Neurotically Itc...
l
labby
names for pups (theme July 4)
Getting ready to have a litter of puppies and would like to have the theme 4th of July. And suggestions would be great and helpful.
Views: 401   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 17, 2010 3:15pm
by NHL
adding to bitch's diet
Does anyone add anything else to a bitch's diet once they have confirmed pregnancy? I have her on a 26/14 percent dog food. Do you increase the food? Give chicken, yogurt, ice cream. I onced fostered a mutt for the shelter that was two weeks from giving birth. T...
Views: 277   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 17, 2010 2:59pm
by jmho
ear infection pregnant bitch
Can anyone offer any natural remedies for ear infection; or source of relief, for pregnant bitch.... is benadryl an option?
Views: 324   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 17, 2010 2:55pm
by NHL
Poop eating after a litter
I finally have a bitch that isn't a poop eater and I'm about to breed her. Should I worry that she will start eating poop in the yard after she has her litter? Anyone have a bitch that didn't eat poop after a litter? TIA
Views: 289   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 17, 2010 2:44pm
by Linda@Staghorn
b
Barb G
Kuranda beds
It's about time for new beds and I think I will invest in the Kuranda beds. The majority of breeders on the forum seem to love them so I will give them a try. Do you know who has the best price on these?
Views: 598   Replies: 19
Last Post: Jun 17, 2010 12:28pm
by Sherry L. Anders...
s
SueH
Boston Specialty results?
I hope some people might post results for any classes both in conformation or obedience for those that .cant make the shows. Thanks in advance.
Views: 484   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 17, 2010 9:57am
by Linda@Staghorn
h
Help!
Puppy hip problems at 12 weeks?
I received this from a puppy owner yesterday. No other info, but I am waiting on some more info. Ever heard of this test? "I got some distressing news yesterday about Brinkley. I took him to his vet for his 12-week visit and vaccines. She suggested doing an...
Views: 1206   Replies: 22
Last Post: Jun 17, 2010 9:12am
by Hips
Progesterone Testing Kits
My vet is charging $80 per Progesterone test. I am already drawing blood and centrifuge for Relaxin testing so I would like to do my own Progesterone testing. Would like to get some feed back on different tests and find out which kit is recommended by other breeder...
Views: 323   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 17, 2010 7:25am
by Field Lab Breede...
b
b
Working full time and dogs/litters
For those of you who work full time, how to you juggle dogs/litters and work? Looks like I'll have to go back to work with the economy the way it is and hubby's job, and I haven't really been working since I've been showing and breeding. Any advice? Should I give...
Views: 943   Replies: 25
Last Post: Jun 17, 2010 5:52am
by Older & Wiser
e
Em
Kennel panels
Anybody know where I can find kennel panels that are 10'x6' with double doors? I'm just looking for the standard chain-link style, like what you'd find at Tractor Supply. Finding the double doored panels will save me quite a bit a bit of money, and allow me to actu...
Views: 297   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 16, 2010 10:10pm
by anon
e
Em
Laryngeal Paralysis
My sister's 9 year old chocolate boy is showing signs/symptoms of laryngeal paralysis. She lives near Erie, PA and it seems most vets around here aren't well versed in the issue. Does anybody know of a specialist closer to her area? The only places I can think of off...
Views: 504   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jun 16, 2010 7:26pm
by anon
Male Sterility , Mycoplasma update
The boy was on Baytril for 30 days , recollected and looked at , normal sperm count went from 2 % to 50 %. Sent off another culture ( $350 for culture alone!!) and am waiting to hear results. Phew , moving in the right direction
Views: 380   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 16, 2010 4:39pm
by Lil Swimmer
j
Jill
Resutls Page
Hi guys Just wanted to let you know that I've added more Specialty results to the results page. If anyone see's their dogs name up there and would like to add a picture, please forward it on to me and I'll add it to the page of results. -Jill
Views: 391   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 16, 2010 12:52pm
by Jill
Post Enterotomy stool issues - help?
I have a dog that underwent surgery for a bowel obstruction. Since the surgery the stools have been normal to liquid-like. Sometimes both types in the same bowel movement. This occurs daily. Has anyone else gone through this and have any advice on how to correct...
Views: 252   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 16, 2010 12:41pm
by puzzled
d
DebiR
Grilling Liver?
I hate the smell of liver cooking so last night I was thinking, why not grill it?? Has anyone done this? I did look up some recipes. Might be worth a try. Better than stinking up the house!!
Views: 301   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 16, 2010 12:21pm
by Kathy M.
US dog coming to Canada to show
Outside of having her up to date shots, health certificate, copy of US and Canadian registration papers, a letter from the owner that the dog will be staying with me for a while - is there anything else that I am missing for a dog to get across the border to show in...
Views: 464   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 16, 2010 12:18pm
by Cathy
coccidia/ponazuril
Anyone use Ponazuril for Coccidia? Where do you get it and what is the dosage? I understand you need a prescription, but is there an on line pharmacy that one can recommend purchasing from? Thanks in advance. Also, anyone ever have healthy adults with symptoms from C...
Views: 547   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 15, 2010 9:14pm
by coccidia/ponazur...
Photos needed!
Hello everyone! Have you entered the Labrador Life Line Cyber Show yet?! Hurry and snap those pics...the show closes June 18. We need entries! Many of you show your gorgeous dogs. Where are you hiding them? Enter them in our Show categories! I know...
Views: 360   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 15, 2010 6:44pm
by Labrador Life Li...
Ortho Help???
I sold a PQ pup to a family in So. Ca. poor pup has a severe case of OCD. He needs surgery, can anyone give me a few names of Ortho Vets in the So. Ca. area that I can contact? I'm picking up the tab so I'd like to find someone reputable down there???? I'd l...
Views: 379   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 15, 2010 6:22pm
by Leslee Pope
l
Laurie
Trying to get bitch bred
I have a bitch that was 0.2 on day 12 of heat cycle, and on day 17 she was 0.7. Anyone have a bitch that was really late ovulating?
Views: 415   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 15, 2010 6:20pm
by Lab Breeder
Paralyzed Dog!
I'm hoping someone may have some suggestions I can offer this family. This dog will turn 6 in August, has been perfectly healthy. He was born with a deformed kidney, which was removed at 6 months old, but never presented an issue, blood work was always normal. Belo...
Views: 697   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 15, 2010 6:12pm
by Leslee Pope
treadmill
Hi everyone! I'd like to hear your experience on what protocol you use for starting your dogs on treadmills. I just bought one a couple of weeks ago and my adult girls seem to accept it nicely, though I've had a little more difficulty with the younger ones. Seems...
Views: 343   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 15, 2010 1:24pm
by CM
Labradoodles....AKC recognized breed?
What is your opinion on Labradoodles? I am not sure what to think. I hear they are going to try to get recognized by AKC. Will this change everyones mind as far as them being legit? What are they reasons they are hated so much? Forgive me, I'm not well versed on...
Views: 747   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jun 15, 2010 1:32am
by Tired
a
anon
Looking for a good vet for OFA finals in So. Cal
Looking for a good vet for OFA finals in Southern Ca., preferably San Diego area. If anyone can help with any info on this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Views: 269   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 14, 2010 11:38pm
by friend not foe
Progesterone numbers
It's been awhile since we've bred. Can anyone give me quick review about progesterone numbers? What number signifies ovulation, etc.
Views: 435   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 14, 2010 8:13pm
by ?
Rally
I am considering doing rally under these judges.... Any feedback would be greatly appreciated... Mrs. Carole A. Artim Ms. Stephanie T. Podejko Thanks
Views: 294   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 14, 2010 4:37pm
by BRDR
OCD
I am looking for some information on OCD surgery and results afterwards, and even years afterwards. I placed a puppy in a pet home at 8 weeks, and he is now 8 months and 80 lbs. At about 6 months he started limping on his back left and they just took him to a very...
Views: 725   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jun 14, 2010 4:05pm
by Happy we did it
silver labradors
Forgive my lack of knowledge but many years ago when CristCulo started advertising silver labs there was no DNA test to prove they weren't full bred labradors.Alot of lab breeders said they were Weim. crosses. I've been "out of the loop" for a while and was wondering...
Views: 831   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jun 14, 2010 3:47pm
by Been There
Breeder judges at Riverhead Kennel Club
Just a friendly reminder that Riverhead Kennel Club shows are closing for entry on June 30, 2010. We have two breeder judges: Friday, July 16th is Wendy McNaughton (Kazorp) Saturday, July 17th is Cheryl Curtis (Erinhill) Look forward to seeing you all!...
Views: 367   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 14, 2010 2:31pm
by Michele McGroart...
Correction and Brag!
Apparently, I am truly a novice when it comes to hunt tests. I stand corrected in the fact that it takes 5 passes for MH, not 4. I still think it is a great accomplishment for such a beautiful dog to compete at the Master level, being solely trained and handled by hi...
Views: 447   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 14, 2010 12:27pm
by Breeder 30
Half Way to MH!
Congratulations to Wiscoys Midnight Train SH for passing his second MH leg on Long Island today! What a sight to see, a beautiful dog doing what comes natural! Congrats to Fred his owner/handler and his breeder Jill!
Views: 442   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 14, 2010 12:27pm
by peggy Stevens
e
El
CNM
I want to do the EIC test on a couple of potential keeper girls from my litter and wondered about the CNM test that I can do for just $20 right now in addition to the EIC. Is this a common issue with Labs now?
Views: 523   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jun 13, 2010 11:32pm
by El
Asheville, NC show results
Anyone have any results from the show Sat.? Would like to hear. Info dog must not post on the week end.
Views: 364   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 13, 2010 8:47pm
by Different place ...
Fixing coat
Recently there was a post where someone posted poor heads can be fixed in one generation. How about poor coat? Have any of you had a nice girl with all good qualities except a soft coat and was offspring the same or were you able to fix it?
Views: 641   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 13, 2010 8:24pm
by *
a
anon
Yellow Stud Dog Inquiry II
Just signed on the forum and saw my post was taken down. I am guessing the post went "BAD". I still would love insight from breeders about there favorite yellow boys that are out there. For those who did not get a chance to read my post, I am looking for yellow males...
Views: 770   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 13, 2010 6:08pm
by Breeder X
Bred Bitch & Vitamins
I just had my bitch bred, and I give her Pharmacy West "Ultimate" multi-vitamins & Cran-Tri C...is this ok?
Views: 472   Replies: 22
Last Post: Jun 13, 2010 4:18pm
by Michele
GPLRC JUDGING PROGRAM!!!
The JUDGING PROGRAM for the GPLRC 2010 Specialty June 24 and June 25 in Delmont, PA is posted!! GPLRC website: GPLRC 2010 Specialty Judging Program Superintendent,Arden Shaw's site: Specialty Dog Shows Don't forget Dinner Reservations for Thursday evening,...
Views: 377   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 12, 2010 8:01pm
by Mary Ann Hart
Vendor Fees at Dog Shows
Just wondering what the average vendor fees are for dog shows, all-breed and specialties alike? I saw one show was $390 for a 10x10 space for the weekend at an all-breed show in the South. I didn't realize it was this expensive.
Views: 312   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 12, 2010 7:50pm
by Cathy
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Free Forum powered by Bravenet