Return to Website

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board

Welcome to the Christian Sisters' Message Board. It is an enjoyable way to encourage and communicate with one another. Please tell your friends about the board and about http://www.christianmirror.com.

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Can I brag just a little?

I haven't been here in a while, I've been using all my spare time to look for some work from home I could do. Anyway, our church has spent the last three years raising money and building a new building that we will be moving into in about a month. Today was set aside as the "Farewell Sunday" to the old building. Sort of a homecoming for everyone to say goodbye.

My Father-in-law who is a church elder, my husband and 11 year-old son were asked to give the communion thoughts and prayers as an example of three generations of believers. My son has never spoken publicly before and he chose what to say and practiced. He was so brave. He spoke loud and clear and did really well. I didn't breathe the entire time I was so nervous for him. I am so proud I could burst.

Also there was a special presentation including the church history and lots of old photographs of charter members and those loved ones who have gone on before. I cried the whole time. I love that church so much and am looking forward to moving into the new building with a little more elbow room as we are packed in like sardines now. But I am so nostalgic about that old building, it's hard letting it go.

I'm tearing up now. Well I just had to let you know how my baby did so well. I hope to see him up there more as he grows older. And I hope to add the rest of my children to Heaven's list someday. ~Leah

Re: Can I brag just a little?

Leah, what a wonderful blessing for a mother to experience! Seeing your child growing in the Lord is so precious. You have every reason to be proud of and thankful for your "baby". We're proud of and thankful for you, too, for bringing him up to love the Lord.

Donna
http://www.donnaparker.w4aw.org

My grandmother used to say "May all your troubles be little ones". I didn't understand that until I had my little ones. How precious they are; what a joy to our life they can be. May God bless you for your love, and bless them in knowledge and understanding.

Leah,
I know you are so proud of your son and you have every right to be. As a mother myself I'm so happy for you. I got teary eyed just reading your post. It brought back instant memories of a couple of home congregations that I've attended in my life. It is so beautiful to have all these precious memories and the all the beauty of the Lord's Church. I know it is sad to move out of the old building but remember it's just a building and the people are the Church. Praise God for the church blessings and growth in your congregation and keep moving upward!

Have a beautiful day!

Love,
Kathy

Leah, I'm just thrilled for you and your son! It's not bragging; and if it is, we're ALL in trouble! Being a mom is a blessing, but seeing your children begin to "take their place" in the Lord's church? That is a HUGE blessing. You've done a good job; keep planting and watering. You never know how big that tree will be!

You go ahead and brag all you want to honey, and we'll just brag right with you!

God Bless You and Your Family

LOVE BLESSEDNANNYOF2

You have every right to brag and I am so happy for you! What a wonderful memory to hold and cherish for always, too.

Thank you all so much! They video taped the whole service so I'm hoping to get a copy. I wanted to take pictures but felt it was a little disrespectful to the Lord during communion.
~Leah