Return to Website

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board

Welcome to the Christian Sisters' Message Board. It is an enjoyable way to encourage and communicate with one another. Please tell your friends about the board and about http://www.christianmirror.com.

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Poem by Audry Hepburn

Have you ladies seen this? It is attributed to Audry Hepburn and was said to have been read at her funeral, whenever that was.

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his/her fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone. People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms. As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands; one for helping yourself and the other for helping others.

Re: Poem by Audry Hepburn

Excellent! Thank you for sharing this, Mary.

I spend a lot of time at my son's school. I watch these young women, and it breaks my heart. This is predominantly a good Christian group, so it's not the clothes, etc. It's the lack of belief in their own beauty, the beauty inside, the beauty that matters. I keep telling them, "Beauty doesn't last." But I'm old and no one hears me.

Re: Poem by Audry Hepburn

I have seen this and it's beautiful. Thanks for sharing it, Mary.