Return to Website

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board

Welcome to the Christian Sisters' Message Board. It is an enjoyable way to encourage and communicate with one another. Please tell your friends about the board and about http://www.christianmirror.com.

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Prayers for Teen Daughter & Dating situation

I wish that I was as mature in my thoughts as you are! You have my prayers. Marriage is a huge step, and I'm glad to see God's help being sought here.

Re: Re: Prayers for Teen Daughter & Dating situation

Thank you for the compliment, I'm afraid I can't take the credit, though.

God has shown me through my older children (24 & 22 yr old sons) that HIS purposes are bigger than mine.

My job is to raise ADULTS and mature Christians, not to just "raise children".

My husband has been known to say "We are raising adults, not raising children."

So they are taught as much responsibility as they are capable of at their ages and we adjust for their individual strengths and weaknesses.

This daughter has just been exceptionally mature from an early age and is a blessing beyond anything I can describe. We have even had mature Godly Christian men older than us (the parents) comment on what a Godly young woman she is.

God has truly blessed us with her and we know she is ready for marriage. Now just to learn to dwell in PEACE as she (& we) wait and watch for the right Christian man to come into her life.

I did forget to mention that this young man is a fine Christian man and comes from a very strong Christian home so I am a little more at ease because of that fact.

Thank you for your prayers.

Re: Re: Re: Prayers for Teen Daughter & Dating situation

My prayers are with you, your daughter, this young man and your family.

What a beautiful prayer and example. It is much appreciated as my daughters are 11 and 9. May I be as wise and loving as they continue to grow.

May the Lord's blessings be with you!