Join our Facebook friends list! Visit our Myspace page!Follow us on Twitter!

Welcome to the ARENA Message Board at ProRodeoHorses.com!

*The PRH ARENA MESSAGE BOARD is provided as a courtesy to our viewers for the purpose of exchanging questions/answers, opinions, thoughts and ideas regarding rodeo horses and rodeo life in general. ALL "FOR SALE" ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO REMOVAL

Welcome to the ARENA!
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
how do i get my barrel horses times down

I have just started my mare on barrels and was wondering how to get her times down.

Re: how do i get my barrel horses times down

Hello,
How is your horse runing the pattern (speed, turning, pockets)? Is it a green horse or seasoned?
Are you having any problems? Are you pushing it or do you let it free run?
If u can awnser a few of these i might be able to help!
Jennalea

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I have just started my mare on barrels and was wondering how to get her times down.

Re:info for jennalea

my speed is a 22 she is just starting on barrels but she is trained. she is great at turning. i want to let it run free i don't want to push her to hard.

Re: Re:info for jennalea

jennalea, it will just take some time...push her a little one time and see how she does. i'm in the middle of trainin my little mare, and she's doin good. once you push her a little more, see how she likes it, and then if she does the pattern fine, and doesn't break the pattern or fight you...just keep pushin her a little more each day. if you need any help, feel free to email me or post on here!

Brit

Brit

Hey thanks for the info. I am going to try that. What is a good time for barrel racing? thanks again

Re: Brit

Hey! It just depends on the size of the arena, in an average arena, a good time is somewhere around a 16 sec pattern, and a big arena, somewhere around 17 or 18. Just see how she's doin and then get back to me, you can email me or put it on here!!

Brit

Re: Re: Brit

hey thanks fo the advise it is really helping. How many horses do you have?