Join our Facebook friends list! Visit our Myspace page!Follow us on Twitter!

Welcome to the ARENA Message Board at ProRodeoHorses.com!

*The PRH ARENA MESSAGE BOARD is provided as a courtesy to our viewers for the purpose of exchanging questions/answers, opinions, thoughts and ideas regarding rodeo horses and rodeo life in general. ALL "FOR SALE" ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO REMOVAL

Welcome to the ARENA!
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Barrel horse wanted

Hello there. I am writing to ask anyone if they are willing to take payments on a barrel horse. I am not wanting anything expensive...just something that I can afford to start running next year. I went thru a bankrupcty, lost my job, had to sell one of my barrel horses for next to nothing to cover the bills for the month AND sell the aluminum trailer. (this was all in Nov 04 - Jan 05). Then my husband got laid off and has been unemployed until recently. Of course I don't have much money to put down, but we have enough coming in weekly that I can send off $50 a week. I just want to get back into barrel racing by next year. If anyone can help out...please let me know. Thank you so much!!

Re: Barrel horse wanted

Hey there! I saw your post on here about needing a barrel horse. I know that $6500 isn't cheap, but I will lower it for you if you are interested. I have a 9 year old blue roan mare that is started pretty good on barrels(havne't competed on her yet), and she is in good shape. She's a blue roan, registered Quarter. About 15.0-15.2 hands. Would also make a good pole horse(tall and slinder). I just don't have enough time to finish her out myself due to school and work. I am willing to take payments from you as long as you pay them when they are due, and maybe if you get enough money coming in raise them to get her paid off sooner. I'm looking for a ropin horse myself right now that I can just get on and go when I need to...somethin that I don't have to ride daily. Thunder would be good for you, I think. Email me back and let me know what ya think or if you are interested or not. Thanks!

Re: Re: Barrel horse wanted

Hi! thanks for responding to my email. She sounds like something that I would love to have. Where are you located at? I am in Missouri, off of Interstate 44, near St. Clair. Can you send me pictures of her? Does she have any bad habits at all? I will tell my husband about her and see what we can do. I can send money out every Friday (that is when I get paid) and they will be by money order only, that way you know that the money is good. You would let me take her home though correct? I had a gal email me that wanted over $10,000 for her horse (I guess she didn't know what the word "not expensive" meant) but wanted to keep it at her place PLUS pay board....sorry...I can't do something like that. I want something that I can get use to for next year or end of this year when I can get a trailer....just let me know and thanks again!!
Christine

Re: Re: Re: Barrel horse wanted

That was a quick response! Thanks! I will let you take her home, that's the whole idea of payin for her! haha. That other gal just sounds a little too "expensive"...guess she doesn't know what all that means. But, is there a possibility that I can keep her until you get me like a $150 downpayment? It can be all at once, but it doesn't have to be...just an insurer on me...ya know? But, I'm located in IL, about 45 minutes NE of Springfield. I will have to find a trailer to use, and get some money for gas, but I'm sure that we could either meet somewhere, or bring her down there. I am REALLY hoping to sell her...I need a new ropin horse. Email me and let me know!
Thanks!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Barrel horse wanted

Sounds great! I can give you the $150 down payment, no big deal. I didn't get home from work until late last night so I didn't get to ask my husband but I am sure he won't mind. I can give you a definant answer by tomorrow...I hope that will be okay?

thanks!
Christine

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Barrel horse wanted

Oh my gosh that sounds great! I can't wait to hear back from ya!! I have been wantin to sell her for the last 3 years! I will be on later if you want to post a reply on here or email me! Thanks so much!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Barrel horse wanted

Can you tell me how she is bred? Also, please send pictures if you can. Let me know asap so that way I can give you a definent answer. What is her registered name...?

Thanks again and I will let you know tomorrow.

Christine

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Barrel horse wanted

Hey! Her reg. name is Thunder in a Bluesky. I will email you her pedigree. I will have to scan pics tonight, or maybe save the one that is in another ad on the internet to send ya...so...yea. I will send all that around 1:15. K? thanks a lot!

Brit