Join our Facebook friends list! Visit our Myspace page!Follow us on Twitter!

Welcome to the ARENA Message Board at ProRodeoHorses.com!

*The PRH ARENA MESSAGE BOARD is provided as a courtesy to our viewers for the purpose of exchanging questions/answers, opinions, thoughts and ideas regarding rodeo horses and rodeo life in general. ALL "FOR SALE" ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO REMOVAL

Welcome to the ARENA!
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Hey FL and GA barrel racers, I need your help!

Hey ladies, I need some help from those of you who barrel race in the FL and GA area. I purchased a palomino named "Dreamer" in December, from a Tammy Jordan, who is an equine vet in FL. She ran NBHA and IBRA all last year and the year before on this mare. I confirmed her times (15's-16's) on the internet, so I know she was doing well. However, every barrel race I have taken her to, (but one), she has gone to the first barrel, then takes off and runs to the gate. I am really sick of this and its got me ready to hang up my barrel racing boots. It is frustrating, and now everyone just expects her to do this. Trainer has worked with her, and she is perfect at home, but come barrel race time, first barrel, then gate. Does anyone know this horse, as she was out there in your area pretty heavy the last few years? And yes, she has been chiropractored, vet checked, etc and is in top health and conditioning. Thanks everyone. Please respond back to my personal email as I am new in this forum and cant figure out how to check for messages!email address is: lovemydun@excite.com
If anyone has a super automatic 3-4D barrel horse, let me know. I am a good rider, but fairly new at this (1 year) and I can be on the timid side so I need something very quiet, no vices. Sex and color not important, but must be bred well and have excellent mind and conformation, no vices or health issues. I also do loats of trail riding and need something that is trail and street safe and its very important the horse doesnt have attachment issues! Must be happy going alone, as well as hauling alone. THanks! Kathy

Re: Hey FL and GA barrel racers, I need your help!

Have u ever tryed starting at the left barrel instead of the right barrel?

Re: Re: Hey FL and GA barrel racers, I need your help!

Yes, she did the same thing. Had different people run her thinking it was just me, and she pulled the saem thing in them. I have had her 6 months, and outside of barrels, she is great. WE found a family last week that wanted just a nice pleasure horse, so they purchased her. They called yesterday and just love her. I think mare is happy not doing barrels personally. SHe will have a very easy life now.
Thanks for your help though.

Re: Re: Re: Hey FL and GA barrel racers, I need your help!

Hey you said you needed a barrel horse liek 3d/4d.Well I ahve a 1d/2d mare for sale and shes REALLY calm and all so if you want pictures of her email me ats helby940@hotmail.com and i will send some of her to you. Asking 4,500