Join our Facebook friends list! Visit our Myspace page!Follow us on Twitter!

Welcome to the ARENA Message Board at ProRodeoHorses.com!

*The PRH ARENA MESSAGE BOARD is provided as a courtesy to our viewers for the purpose of exchanging questions/answers, opinions, thoughts and ideas regarding rodeo horses and rodeo life in general. ALL "FOR SALE" ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO REMOVAL

Welcome to the ARENA!
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
I need barrel racing and pole bending tips

Hi my name is courtney and i have just started barrels and poles and really need some tips. If you could help me I would really appreciate it. I will do all of my replying on prorodeohorses.com.

thanks,
Courtney

Re: I need barrel racing and pole bending tips

What kind of things are you having problems with? turns, missing barrels/poles, lead changes, rating?

Hi
i WOULD BE MORE THEN GLAD TO HELP WITH ANY PRODLEMS YOU HAVE. I AM ONLY 16 BUT AM TRAINING HORSES ALREADY AND HAVE BEEN ON THE PATTERNS SINCE I COULD WALK. CONTACT ME ON MY E-MAIL OR THOrough this web site

Re: Re: I need barrel racing and pole bending tips

Hi, What is a good time for barrels? My mare is running a 25sec but I have just started her on the pattern. I am not pushing it but my rodeos start in oct. and I want her to be ready any suggestions ?

all help apprecated

!st start by getting a faster horse not a mare!!!

If you are just learning you will need to ride a horse with expereince, I have seen lots of people try to learn and teach a horse at the same time and this almost always ends up in disaster. Horse training of any kind, requires timing, feel and balance that can not be obtained without lots of expereince. If you want to have an enjoyable time rodeoing, start off with a horse that knows what he is doing, then as your knowledge increases, you can start training your own horses and have fun and success!

I would definatly agree with cdh, I actually have an awesome horse for teaching you if you are interested please let me know!

Hey my name is Lacey and I have my cousin over here we are going to help you with Barrels. When you turn any Barrel dont lean you may throw you horse off ballance and he could fall crush you. Need any more? E-mail me with any questions. Talk to you later buy

Can you tell me more about your horse you have at holmesleather@yahoo.com?
Thanks!

Re: Re: Re: I need barrel racing and pole bending tips

Well.. i bought my horse a long time ago and he was used as a roping horse from his old owner. and i was only about 10 and i was in 4-h working with my other horses and they were to slow to run barrels but the one I bought was really fast. when i started barrels with him i walked him through the pattern over and over every day for weeks and finally moved faster because its good for a horse to get the pattern down before you speed him up. it TAkes lots of time!!! and now a days im running 15 or 14 secs with him. and placing about 4th in the state in high school rodeo it just takes lots and lots of practice and TIME!