Join our Facebook friends list! Visit our Myspace page!Follow us on Twitter!

Welcome to the ARENA Message Board at ProRodeoHorses.com!

*The PRH ARENA MESSAGE BOARD is provided as a courtesy to our viewers for the purpose of exchanging questions/answers, opinions, thoughts and ideas regarding rodeo horses and rodeo life in general. ALL "FOR SALE" ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO REMOVAL

Welcome to the ARENA!
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Kid Pony

I am in NE Kansas and I need a small kid pony for my 2 & 4 year old. I would prefer something about 10 hands or so. Don't really care if it is mare or gelding, but would prefer a gelding. As long as it is gentle, no bite, buck, kick, etc. Something they can be turned loose with and not worry about.

Thanks,

Zac Parrington
785-220-1247

Re: Kid Pony

Zac -

I know that you said that you were looking for a pony but I have a small QH/Arab cross that is 20 years old, a gelding and very kind and gentle. He needs small kids to ride him. He has never bucked, kicked, or bit anyone. He is an easy keeper, out in a pasture now and being fed grain. A child can bruch his legs and belly while the adult brushes his back he is that gentle. He is up to date on all vaccinations, teeth floated every year and feet trimmed every 8 weeks. The only negative to this horse is that he does limp a bit in the left front knee. He was this way when I bought him. I have buted him before and that helps but it is not needed for a small child to ride or be lead around on.

Let me know if this interests you at all.

Becky

Re: Re: Kid Pony

Becky,

Thank for all the information, but I really want to get them a pony and something in its teens if possible.

Thanks again,

Zac P.

Zac,we live in Copan, Ok. We have a kid pony that you might be interested in. She's about 25 or so. Doesn't bite, or kick. We will give you a call tomorrow. Thanks.

I live at Washington KS and may have a POA pony for sale. It is a mare around 15-16. She is broke well, but came with a few pony habits, but no buck or bite. She is around 10-11 hands, but had glaucoma and doesn't see very well out of one eye. The other eye got a little cloudy, but she does very well. We upgraded to a larger pony that my 5 year old Jr rodeos on and don't use her much. Probably want $500 for her. I took her to a Jr rodeo to lead my 2 year old on the other day and handled it all well. If you want to know more you can call me at 785-325-2027 some evening.