Join our Facebook friends list! Visit our Myspace page!Follow us on Twitter!

Welcome to the ARENA Message Board at ProRodeoHorses.com!

*The PRH ARENA MESSAGE BOARD is provided as a courtesy to our viewers for the purpose of exchanging questions/answers, opinions, thoughts and ideas regarding rodeo horses and rodeo life in general. ALL "FOR SALE" ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO REMOVAL

Welcome to the ARENA!
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Need some information on Scarcoid Removal for Horses

I have purchased a great dun rope horse and the only problem is he has a scarcoid on the side of his neck probably half way down. It is the about the diameter of a baseball, we had it froze off once but that only seemed to shrink the width but it is still sticks out. If anyone has any information about these things and if and how they are treated/removed, Please email me of let me know.

Thanks,
Justine

Re: Need some information on Scarcoid Removal for Horses

I have the exact same thing on my gelding. I was going to have it cut out this spring. If I were you I would talk to your vet, that's what I did.

Re: Re: Need some information on Scarcoid Removal for Horses

Ask your vet for an herbal paste called XXterra. It forces the body to sluff off the sarcoid if you put the paste on it every day for about a week. It'll kill it to the core and never come back.

Re: Re: Re: Need some information on Scarcoid Removal for Horses

Thank you so much for the Help! I was researching and this sounds like it might be the way to go! Thanks for the information!

Re: Need some information on Scarcoid Removal for Horses

I used xterra and the sarcoid came back. So now are feeding herbs endorsed by Mickey Young. Blood cleanse and immnune builder...seems to be working. www.silverlininghorse.com