Join our Facebook friends list! Visit our Myspace page!Follow us on Twitter!

Welcome to the ARENA Message Board at ProRodeoHorses.com!

*The PRH ARENA MESSAGE BOARD is provided as a courtesy to our viewers for the purpose of exchanging questions/answers, opinions, thoughts and ideas regarding rodeo horses and rodeo life in general. ALL "FOR SALE" ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO REMOVAL

Welcome to the ARENA!
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Looking for Best Barrel Performance Saddle/Pad

Im looking for opinions on the best saddle for barrel racing. I have had lots of suggestions for the treeless saddles, lynn mckenzie, scamper..exc. I would like a few more opinions; and where i could purchase them (new or used) Price isnt a problem. Same goes with the pad, just looking for the best.
Thanks guys! take care

Re: Looking for Best Barrel Performance Saddle/Pad

When i started rodeoing, i began with a treeless saddle. Don't get me wrong, they ride really well and are comfortable but i was told that i was using the wrong saddle. They told me that treeless saddles cause you to throw you feet behind you. At first, i thought they were crazy but now i see what they mean. I rode in a treeless saddle for 3 yrs before i got me a cicle Y by NBHA. I really loves those saddles. It took me forever to get used to a saddle with a tree. Now, after two years riding with a saddle with a tree i still sometimes have trouble with my feet and legs going behind me. Hope this will be of some help to you. Good luck barrel racing.