Join our Facebook friends list! Visit our Myspace page!Follow us on Twitter!

Welcome to the ARENA Message Board at ProRodeoHorses.com!

*The PRH ARENA MESSAGE BOARD is provided as a courtesy to our viewers for the purpose of exchanging questions/answers, opinions, thoughts and ideas regarding rodeo horses and rodeo life in general. ALL "FOR SALE" ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO REMOVAL

Welcome to the ARENA!
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Looking for that one-in-a-million babysitter barrel horse for an adult rider!

I need to find a super quiet 3/4D (NOTHING FASTER)barrel horse for my mom who is experienced, but very timid! She knows barrels,has a great seat and light hands, but need a horse that she can get her confidence back on. Almost needs to be kid-safe babysitter type. Must walk flat-footed into arena, and go whatever speed she wants. Must be bombproof on street/trails, very uncomplicated, very simple and easy to ride,NO vices or issues, and of course have a super quiet and sweet disposition. Must be 100% sound (minor mainenance ok), trailer/load, good with feet, etc. We are picky and very knowledgable, so know scammers or problem horses. Will pay good money for the right horse. Sounds impossible to find, but we know Mr./Miss Wonderful is out there and we have a perfect home for him/her. My mom is ready to give up riding because she cant find a really safe patterned horse, please help us keep her riding! Prefer horse to be under 17, registered and gelding, but will consider anything exceptional. We will x-ray/vet check and come try out!

Re: Looking for that one-in-a-million babysitter barrel horse for an adult rider!

There is a horse on KIDHORSESONLY.COM that might fit the bill!! Check it out!

Re: Looking for that one-in-a-million babysitter barrel horse for an adult rider!

Have you found a horses yet. I have several that might work for you.

have 16 yo sorrel gelding I think would work. just standing in pasture. 308 995-8155 after 5pm. located in south central Ne.

I have a 11year old sorrel gelding that anyone could ride. He runs in an O-ring snaffle with no tie down. I purchased him to rodeo on. My children can run through his legs and hang all over him. ( my kids are 6 and 8 years old) He has no alley problems what so ever. I have been letting a girl who has just began barrel racing last month run him. He is running in the 3D for her. I have ran and placed at pro-rodeos on him. He works at the level of the rider. He will only go as fast as he is asked. He is a very broke horse. You can ride him on the trails. If you are still looking please email me.(wrfajp@aol.com) He also knows poles. I am asking $25,000. It is negotiable to the right home.

Thanks,

Caitie

Re: Re: Looking for that one-in-a-million babysitter barrel horse for an adult rider!

We are still looking. Mainly need a super quiet gelding for my mom to take on trail, and also one that is used to being ridden on the street with cars, bikes, dogs running out, etc. She is a really good rider, just is very timid and needs a babysitter type right now that is very simple to ride, and one with a been there, done that disposition. Also must be 100% sound, healthy, NO vices or issues, and prefer AQHA registered, and under 15 years of age. She may not run barrels anymore, as she has given up trying to find something that will quietly just lope thru, and not get silly at the gate. SHe said she may stick to just trail riding!
Got anyhting like that?

Re: Re: Looking for that one-in-a-million babysitter barrel horse for an adult rider!

How much riding experience has he had on the street with cars driving by, dogs running out, etc? Is he a babysitter type? Please tell me more about his training, his disposition, name, color, height, registered?, etc. And send pics if you have them to:
ridingonfaith21@yahoo.com

He sounds great, but that is way more than we can spend. My mom is thinking of giving up barrels because she cant find a horse that will truly just walk into the arena and slow lope if she wants, she also does lots of riding on the street and trails, and needs a super quiet bombproof horse that will ride out alone quietly and not get spooked easily.
Thanks anyway! Wish we had that kind of money, bet he is really nice!

I have a 9 yr. old grade paint gelding that is super broke and quiet. He stands about 15.3 and has no vices. I bought him for my youngest daughter about 3 yrs ago and she has lost interest. He will do all the playday events at what ever speed you want. he has been team roped on also. My oldest daughter has been starting him on barrel and he is loping a nice pattern right now. Kids who don't know how to ride have rode this horse, cars, trucks, dogs doesn't bother him. He has been hauled all over and will stand all day at the trailer. I am asking 3500.00 if interested give me a call 316-540-0129

Hi!
I looked up your phone number and noticed you are in KS> Everytime I want to call, it is too late in your area, as we are in CA and a couple hours behind you. I sent you an email the other requesting recent pis of your gelding. Please send them to my email address at lovemydun@excite.com when you get a chance! Your horse sounds great for what I want. I assume he is not papered (grade) . Are you sure of his age? What is his personality like? Is he farily smooth and collect at the trot and lope? Any soundess or health issues yet? Look forward to hearing back. Fell free to call on my my cell anytime at: (951) 775-5258. Thanks! Kathy

I don't know where you are or what you are looking to spend. I am in Ga. age 49 and have one of a kind just like you say and have ran him for 6 years in rodeo. I am changing to roping with my new husband who heels so I am thinking about selling him. I do not want an ad placed with a bunch of calls so this is why I started with you. Let me know. Thanks Nita

Hi Nita,
We just got back form my daughters out-of-twon barrel race. Plese give me a call so we can discuss your wonderful horse!
Thanks!
Kathy (951) 775-5258

Have you found a horse yet?

We think so. My mom saw your ad for your sorrel with flaxen tail on barrelhorseworld today and went nuts! I told it was too young for her, but she just loved the color and nice conformation. Go ahead and tell me more about it, just in case this other one is not a good fit.
Heather