Join our Facebook friends list! Visit our Myspace page!Follow us on Twitter!

Welcome to the ARENA Message Board at ProRodeoHorses.com!

*The PRH ARENA MESSAGE BOARD is provided as a courtesy to our viewers for the purpose of exchanging questions/answers, opinions, thoughts and ideas regarding rodeo horses and rodeo life in general. ALL "FOR SALE" ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO REMOVAL

Welcome to the ARENA!
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Wanted - Older roping horse for son to learn on

We are looking for an older, extremely well broke, roping horse for our son to learn to breakaway rope on. My son is 10 years old and I would still call him a beginning rider. He has been riding for about 1 year. We need something that has been there done that. We live near Kansas City. We are looking for something around $2500 - $4000. Thanks.

Re: Wanted - Older roping horse for son to learn on

my uncle has a 16yr old Grey All-Around roping gelding for sale that has been owned by him since he was a yearling. He stands 15H and will weigh 1200lbs. His registered name is Sanly Van by Steely Van - (Poco Bueno, Leo,Top Moon, Custus Rastus, Hancock, Grey Badger II breeding)And althogh registeration certificate was lost recently, a duplicate copy can be obtained very easily (he has the paperwork just haven't sent in due to not using the horse anymore). He has won alot of money both Heading and Heeling at local and USTRC rodeos in past years (can provide references). He scores good and can truly run a hole in the wind still. He will not get outrun by any steer, or calf. He has 110% Heart and Try in him every single time. He has not been roped on since last year and that was in the practice pen as a practice Calf Horse but would make and awesome Breakaway horse. But has been trail rode alot by a 10yr old girl. His only fault in Calf Roping is, he doesn't work a good rope but scores good and will really run to one with his ears pinned to his neck and he stops pretty good too. He could be taught to work the rope and then would be a nice Calf or Breakaway horse for practice, rodeo or jackpots. He is very free running and will give you a good shot everytime. He is pretty good in the box and scores really well too. Has a really nice handle on him and is gentle for anyone that can ride a horse but is not a deadhead at all. Good for the farrier and hauls well too. Would make a good high school or junior rodeo horse or good practice horse. He could also double as a barrel horse for a High School girl because of his handle. He does not know the pattern but has been neckreined around the barrels many times by my uncles 10yr old daughter and he does just fine. Asking $5000 obo. BE ADVISED THAT HE WAS JUST RECENTLY DIAGNOSED WITH EARLY STAGES OF NARVICULAR but has never been given one ounce of bute or any other pain killers. Vet said he has many more years left in him and could be maintained easily with joint suppliments, or bute before you use him. If you want or need any additional info, please feel free to email or call 501-339-8226.

Check out my horse under the steer roping horses he is priced at 5,500 but I would negotiate he is the perfect horse to learn on you would not be sorry.Call me with any ? you might have.Thanks Todd Barlow 316-204-4201

I have a nice breakaway roping mare my daughter learned how to rope on. We live in northwestern Arkansas and my parents live at Sweet Springs, Mo which is just an hour out of KC. If you are interested, let me know and we can get together so you can try her. She is completely safe and sound and she is an automatic with breakaway and team roping. We are asking 4500 for her.

Re: Re: Wanted - Older roping horse for son to learn on

16 yr old grey gelding. Great w/ kids. My 9 yr old rides him all over the pen.
Scores great. Great HS, college or 0 calf horse.
Team ropes both ends.
Asking $4200. Located in N.Texas

We have an older horse that is an automatic roping horse. She taught my daughter how to breakaway rope and all of the boys use her to calf rope on and she also can be used for teamroping, goat tying, barrel racing and pole bending. She is a great teacher and she recently went to Gallup, new Mexico for the junior high rodeo finals. We live in Harrison arkansas and I have family in Overland Park Kansas, so if you would like to try her just let me know. She is a great, safe horse that any one in the world can ride. Thanks, J.