Join our Facebook friends list! Visit our Myspace page!Follow us on Twitter!

Welcome to the ARENA Message Board at ProRodeoHorses.com!

*The PRH ARENA MESSAGE BOARD is provided as a courtesy to our viewers for the purpose of exchanging questions/answers, opinions, thoughts and ideas regarding rodeo horses and rodeo life in general. ALL "FOR SALE" ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO REMOVAL

Welcome to the ARENA!
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2004 Dodge truck fuel lift pump

Is anyone else out there having problems with their dodge lift pumps? I would like to hear about it. We bought ours used, the truck supposedly had had a brand new engine and fuel system put in, that was 20k ago, and our fuel transfer lift pump went out. Some say you can't get one now, you have to buy a conversion to the in tank fuel pump. We have heard all kinds of stuff regarding this, but it does keep coming up that others are having the same problem, so lets hear it if you have, and what you had to do to fix it. Thanks.

Re: 2004 Dodge truck fuel lift pump

If you are close to northeastern Ok. call Kevin Davis 918-534-0317.
He is a certified Dodge diesel ( and other diesel ) Mechanic.
I have used him for 3 Dodge Cummins Diesel trucks in a row. He's a good one.
And yes I had a primary fuel pump go out on a 2000.
Kevin fixed it right up.

Re: Re: 2004 Dodge truck fuel lift pump

Darn, not close to there, but thanks for the recommendation, I will remember it if we are close to there and get in a pinch with the dodge!

Re: Re: 2004 Dodge truck fuel lift pump

What year is it. there is a up dated transfer pump for the 2001-2002 dodge.I work at a dodge dealer.

Re: Re: Re: 2004 Dodge truck fuel lift pump

Its a 2004. What we are hearing is that Dodge is no longer making the transfer pump that is attached to the fuel filter, because they did go bad. Rather, we can purchase a "conversion kit" that goes in the tank. Are we hearing correct? We are just a couple thousand over warranty, so no good there and supposedly 20k ago, they replaced the whole fuel system at the Dodge dealer.

Re: Re: Re: Re: 2004 Dodge truck fuel lift pump

I have a 2004 Dodge and mine went out Friday night. They said it was the fuel leveling pump. According to what I've been told, there has been alot of trouble with it so they are replacing it with the conversion kit. They say the part(s) alone runs around $380. My truck has 62,000 miles on it. What about yours? Hope this helps.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Its a 2004. What we are hearing is that Dodge is no longer making the transfer pump that is attached to the fuel filter, because they did go bad. Rather, we can purchase a "conversion kit" that goes in the tank. Are we hearing correct? We are just a couple thousand over warranty, so no good there and supposedly 20k ago, they replaced the whole fuel system at the Dodge dealer.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2004 Dodge truck fuel lift pump

Mine just passed 102000, but at 82000, had a new engine and fuel system put in. I know, we have heard a lot of troubles about it, and can't figure out why there hasn't been a recall. Thats in the price range we have heard too, good luck with yours.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2004 Dodge truck fuel lift pump

There is not going to be any recalls because the germans are not going to do right by the American truck owners.
The newer dodge cummins ( 2004 and up) are not built as good or as heavy duty as the older ones but nobody told us that.(my neighbor has a knock in his 2004 dodge cummins, but the factory has turned him down to fix it)
Nobody in dodge/daimler will ever tell us that either.
I am driving a 2000 dodge cummins and i will drive it till it drops,(at 175,000 miles nothing has gone wrong with it, some of this vintage trucks are now approaching 800,000 miles with no major work on them).
Then when my old dodge dies i will go buy a chevy or ford to replace it with.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2004 Dodge truck fuel lift pump

well, this post would not be complete without the rest of the story on my truck. We put a new lift pump on and headed back north, we made it two hours when there was a huge shimmy and crash and as I am pulling a four horse trailer, loaded on the interstate outside Flagstaff, AZ, the transfer case explodes like a bomb went off in it, taking out my fuel line and electrical and tearing apart the driveline. 104,000 miles on the truck...thank God, we are all safe and ok, the truck is parked in storage for the moment.