Join our Facebook friends list! Visit our Myspace page!Follow us on Twitter!

Welcome to the ARENA Message Board at ProRodeoHorses.com!

*The PRH ARENA MESSAGE BOARD is provided as a courtesy to our viewers for the purpose of exchanging questions/answers, opinions, thoughts and ideas regarding rodeo horses and rodeo life in general. ALL "FOR SALE" ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO REMOVAL

Welcome to the ARENA!
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
PRCA PRESIDENT, TROY ELLERMAN, IN JAIL!!!!!

Recently out... PRCA president Troy Ellerman is in jail on reasons of "leaking" information regarding a professional athlete. Is this someone we want representing the sport of rodeo?!?! I don't think so! Let me know what you think!!!

Re: PRCA PRESIDENT, TROY ELLERMAN, IN JAIL!!!!!

they need to throw most of the others in jail and start over.

I'd heard he was getting nailed for something, just didn't know what it was. PRCA does have it's problems like most organizations!!

Re: Re: PRCA PRESIDENT, TROY ELLERMAN, IN JAIL!!!!!

go to rodeoattitude.com to find information.
troy has allegedly pleaded guilty and will serve time due to the balco case. (performance drugs-baseball and other sports-but not rodeo) he was the lawyer for balco in the case and allegedly released secret grand jury testimony.
as far as i can tell it has not one damn thing to do with rodeo or prca, but sure dont look good.

***Statement from The Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association Board of Directors- February 15, 2007- For Immediate Release ***

Troy Ellerman Enters Plea in BALCO Case Thursday, February 15, 2007

Today in the U.S. District Court in San Francisco, Calif., Troy Ellerman entered a guilty plea to one count of filing a false declaration, one count of obstruction of justice and two counts of contempt relating to the BALCO matter. The BALCO investigation is not related to PRCA business. Mr. Ellerman currently serves as Commissioner of the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association in Colorado Springs, Colo. PRCA Chairman Keith Martin said, “The PRCA is financially strong and, as always, our board remains focused on continued strength, stability and progress within the organization. The PRCA is the No. 1 rodeo sanctioning body in the world, and the board is working hard on a daily basis to continue to promote and grow this great sport.” Mr. Ellerman will not make any further comments regarding this case until the Court issues its sentence.

Re: Re: PRCA PRESIDENT, TROY ELLERMAN, IN JAIL!!!!!

Ellerman has resigned his post at the PRCA.

Now maybe they can take a more "contenstant driven" approach and grow the sport without crapping on the cowboys and cowgirls that pay their way.

Re: Re: Re: PRCA PRESIDENT, TROY ELLERMAN, IN JAIL!!!!!

The organization was created by and for cowboys. Started out as "turtles" then went to 'rca'(where i came in), then went to 'prca'. The cowboys lost the organization years ago to shyster lawyers and other self serving jerkoffs, and we may never get it back. I commend the ladies of the wpra for standing up for their rights, too bad they were negoiating with a crooked lawyer. Now that he is gone perhaps the prca and wpra can get back together.

Re: Re: Re: Re: PRCA PRESIDENT, TROY ELLERMAN, IN JAIL!!!!!

JJ You are completely and absolutely RIGHT!!! I applaud you for the things you mentioned. I hope the PRCA and WPRA will come together and make things right now that Ellerman is gone! You seem like you would have more opinions on this subject since you mentioned that you became part of it when it was still the RCA. Lets here it! Thanks for your input!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: PRCA PRESIDENT, TROY ELLERMAN, IN JAIL!!!!!

I highly doubt the PRCA and WPRA will "come together" now that Ellerman is out of the picture. The PWBR is established, has members, standings, and rodeos. The PRCA/PWBR wont be a bad thing if it is kept on the right path. The WPRA has established itself now in a new dimension. I believe the associations will stay split, but both will move forward. I actually believe if the WPRA was not allowed to sanction at PRCA events it would be alot easier on the competitors now, deciding which card to get, wondering which rodeos will have what barrels. The only people hurting now are the contestants.

Sometimes in life its hard to accept change, but the only way to move on to bigger and better things is to change. Accepting it is inevitable.

Do I agree with what the PRCA did to the WPRA, no. But do I agree with everything the WPRA has done either, no. There are mistakes to be made and you better believe they will be, but thats how we grow and learn.

I am a proud card member of the PWBR and will support the growth and expansion of this organization.

I do have to say that with Ellerman out of the picture the growth of this new organization has alot better chance of being successful and am extremely delighted with how the board is being handled at this time.