Join our Facebook friends list! Visit our Myspace page!Follow us on Twitter!

Welcome to the ARENA Message Board at ProRodeoHorses.com!

*The PRH ARENA MESSAGE BOARD is provided as a courtesy to our viewers for the purpose of exchanging questions/answers, opinions, thoughts and ideas regarding rodeo horses and rodeo life in general. ALL "FOR SALE" ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO REMOVAL

Welcome to the ARENA!
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Fastest cure to pulled muscles??? HELP!

I am wanting some input on the fastest way to heal up a pulled muscle on my futurity horse?! I just found out today that he was like this and am wondering if anyone has advice on poultice, therapy, etc. I know that it takes a long time but am hoping someone has an idea on a take off time.
Thanks

Re: Fastest cure to pulled muscles??? HELP!

it should take 2 months or less, if you do agressive treatment. By aggressive i mean poultice it twice a day, first run cold water on it then poultice it and put a wet paper bag over the poultice. My horse had a pulled suspensory, and by doing this he was good to go in 2 months.

Re: Re: Fastest cure to pulled muscles??? HELP!

. I don't know, but a friend of mine had a old horse who pulled one. In 30 days he was hauling him again with no problems, which I had never heard of! His cell:251-709-3644. He is a nice man.

Re: Re: Re: Fastest cure to pulled muscles??? HELP!

Hey, try a sports massage therapist. I am one and I know that it is aimed at pulled, torn, strained muscles. I am not in your area, but it should not be too much of a problem for you to find one!!

Re: Fastest cure to pulled muscles??? HELP!

Where are you located? I have am a equine massage therapist/DMS

Re: Re: Fastest cure to pulled muscles??? HELP!

I am also a massage therapist, let us know where you are! For people - ultrasound is the way to go to health things upu quickly. If you have access to an ultrasound I would deifnitely use it!