Join our Facebook friends list! Visit our Myspace page!Follow us on Twitter!

Welcome to the ARENA Message Board at ProRodeoHorses.com!

*The PRH ARENA MESSAGE BOARD is provided as a courtesy to our viewers for the purpose of exchanging questions/answers, opinions, thoughts and ideas regarding rodeo horses and rodeo life in general. ALL "FOR SALE" ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO REMOVAL

Welcome to the ARENA!
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Low # Heel Horse

What should a person expect to pay for a heel horse or even a heading horse for a #1 to a # 4 roper?? I am not trying to make it to the NFR. I just need a good honest roping horse to take to jackpots and amateur rodeos. Older sound horses are ok.

Re: Low # Heel Horse

That's a tough question, I have one that I think anyone could ride and win on. Can run a hole in the wind and has a heart as big as Texas! Have no need for him anymore now that i've switched to Calf Roping and he's priced to sell $4500. Thats pretty much going to be the norm price wise for what you say you're looking for....my two cents only.

Re: Re: Low # Heel Horse

Well is he a head or heel horse?? You didn't say.

Re: Re: Re: Low # Heel Horse

I have a mare that would make a really nice beginners heel horse. She is AQHA Reg. and at present we are roping calves on her and have been for a long time. $2750 She's still a bad cat roping calves and is capable of taking the average roper to the pay window.

He is both, two brothers hauled him and one was a header and the other a heeler but the rarely roped with each other due to their numbers.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Low # Heel Horse

Thanks for the reply!!

The horse you have for sale is it a gelding or a mare?? Where are you located??

Re: Low # Heel Horse

I have a 12 year old roan gelding that is a finished heel horse, quiet in the box, gentle for anyone, nice stop. Ride him once a day or once a year. I have also used him outside in the pasture some. $4500. Was once registered, but selling as grade. Let me know if you would like more information.

It is a Dapple Grey Gelding. Horse is located in Central Arkanas, 30 miles north of Little Rock.

We have a 19 yr old head and heel horse, mainly a head horse but my wife heels on him. He has won a lot of pro money with various riders down south TX, OK, NM area. He has been to the BFI, George Strait and every pro rodeo, amature rodeo and jackpot in-between. He won pro money last year at 18 years old, and made it to the IRCA finals, URA money too. He is the real deal. Great in the box, scores great, picks that shoulder up and can really move one out, faces awesome. Just NOTHING, bad to say about him NO HOLES. Kids ride him, barrels, whatever he just does it. We would sell him to an approved home only and would want the right of refusal if new owners sold him. He is like a part of our family. We want $3500 for him. Picture, video. If you had any questions we have several references on him. 515-462-2245 or 515-230-4689, thanks

where are you located at zac?

where are you located?

We are in IA, if you are inquiring about the older head/heel horse. Thanks

We are in IA, if you are asking about the 19 yr old PRCA head horse. Thanks

Re: Re: Re: Re: Low # Heel Horse

Double Tuff if NA isn't interested in your grey horse then I might be. How old is he?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Low # Heel Horse

He's 16 or 17 this year, very solid horse can really run and pull. Just don't have any room for him too many horses. Thanks for your interest.

I am in Hoyt, Kansas. North of Topeka about 10 miles.

Sorry for the delay, we have been gone rodeoing.

horse for sale or trade( money and fame)

KELLY I have horse on dream horse (money and fame) for sale and you hit on this horse. He is a big strong boy and I can not handle him. I am 67 years old and do not need to fight all the time. He has been in jumping and he can jump but does not like it. He should be a barrel horse or a roping horse because he is fast. I am willing to trade for trail horse that I can enjoy a ride on instead of being on pins and needles all the time. If you have a horse please email if interested. Thanks Jack Hoezee (last name sounds like jose)