Join our Facebook friends list! Visit our Myspace page!Follow us on Twitter!

Welcome to the ARENA Message Board at ProRodeoHorses.com!

*The PRH ARENA MESSAGE BOARD is provided as a courtesy to our viewers for the purpose of exchanging questions/answers, opinions, thoughts and ideas regarding rodeo horses and rodeo life in general. ALL "FOR SALE" ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO REMOVAL

Welcome to the ARENA!
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Questions on LQ horse trailer vs LQ stock trailer

My husband and I are doing research on trailers with living quarters. We have a 4 year old and another baby on the way so we want bunk beds for sure. We both rodeo, which means 4 horses if we each haul a back up. We also ranch and use our trailers for 4-wheelers, cattle, whatever else needs a ride...

I am wondering if anyone has pros or cons on buying a HORSE trailer with living quarters, versus a STOCK trailer with living quarters. I hate to pay for slant panels (and horse specific options) if they are going to end up laying in the barn! Just wondering if anyone had input on that!

Thanks

Re: Questions on LQ horse trailer vs LQ stock trailer

If you are going to be using your trailer on the ranch and for 4weelers and such I would go for the stock combo with a living quarters, unless you want a back tack then go for a horsetrailer with removable rear tack. I have a 4 horse with rear tack and we use it to go camping and haul the 4 weelers in the horse area. It works out great for us, I just take out the dividers. Sometimes I dont put my dividers back in for a while if I know Im going a long ways away from home for a while. I haul cattle and calves in my trailer as well with dividers taken out. It is my only trailer and gets used for everything. My friend had a stock trailer combo that she loves, the only thing she misses is the back tack because her tack room and front dressing room are together. Her dressing room is put together very nice though with carpet and bed and shelves, etc, and the saddle rack blanket rack and briddle hooks.
For me I like my horse trailer because of the back tack and I dont have to have my tack in with my living quarters. But it depends on how many people are hauling with you, and how comfortable you want to be in the living quarters part.

Re: Re: Questions on LQ horse trailer vs LQ stock trailer

good point....thanks!