Join our Facebook friends list! Visit our Myspace page!Follow us on Twitter!

Welcome to the ARENA Message Board at ProRodeoHorses.com!

*The PRH ARENA MESSAGE BOARD is provided as a courtesy to our viewers for the purpose of exchanging questions/answers, opinions, thoughts and ideas regarding rodeo horses and rodeo life in general. ALL "FOR SALE" ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO REMOVAL

Welcome to the ARENA!
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
looking for roping instruction

looking for someone who could teach me to rope. Not new to riding or rodeo, bulldogged for 10 yrs. just never roped, never wanted to until this last year. Now got the bug. Been trying to get started, not catching much, but I can put a whelp on one! Yes could go to a 2 or 3 day roping school, but was looking more for a mentorship kind of thing. Someone that would stick with me and get me going good, and teach me to win. I Went and bought nice beginners rope horse. wanting to heel. I'm in Oklahoma panhandle. willing to travel 6-8 hours maybe more if nec. Would like to be ready to enter some come spring without embarrassing myself. Anybody available? I realize this costs. Thanks.

Re: looking for roping instruction

There is a man that lives up around Batesville, Arkansas (Acutally Cave City) named Charlie Hastings. I don't have his number but it should be in information if you called and asked for it. He trains Calf Horses for a living and has a son and grandson that can get it on with the best of them. He is probably one of the best teachers around and always has plenty of calves. He's taught many guys in Arkansas to rope. Not sure what he would charge but he would definately teach you alot if you're willing to go learn from him.
Good Luck
Carlos

Steve Orth is in Guthrie,OK. He is one of the top ropers in the AQHA World Show every year. Is number is in the back of the AQHA Journals. He is an awesome roper.

You might talk to Craig Lathem at Oklahoma Panhandle State University. He is the rodeo coach there and might beable to to get you started. I live in SW Kansas but do not have any cattle. My email is mister_rodeo04@yahoo.com

Try Tim Fanning Ramona Ok