Join our Facebook friends list! Visit our Myspace page!Follow us on Twitter!

Welcome to the ARENA Message Board at ProRodeoHorses.com!

*The PRH ARENA MESSAGE BOARD is provided as a courtesy to our viewers for the purpose of exchanging questions/answers, opinions, thoughts and ideas regarding rodeo horses and rodeo life in general. ALL "FOR SALE" ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO REMOVAL

Welcome to the ARENA!
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bowed Tendon (front leg)

I have one that is now on the 4th month being off with a bow in the front leg. I iced his leg every day for nearly 2 months, helped alot with the swelling, I just got one of those cold gel packs that you can put in the fridge and would put that on the bow and wrap it with a polo wrap and leave it for about 25 minutes, complete stall rest with it wrapped but be careful that you wrap it right or you can cause more harm, I used powder bute and gave him a gram a day for about 30 days. The third month I stated rubbing it down with DMSO everyday but I did not wrap it, after 2 weeks into the 3rd month I started turning him out everyday all day since he was not limping anymore and putting him up at night. Now were on the 4th month I am finally starting to see the tendon going down, its not normal but so much better, still rubbing it with DMSO every day. Probablly another 2 or 3 months I may get to start riding him a little bit at a time. Its along healing process.