This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How do I increase text file size for my web posting?

How do I increase the allowed text file size for my website? There seems to be a 10K or so limit on characters. I am using the "paid for" service on bravenet so I can do this. - I want to post 8 or so text pages.

Re: How do I increase text file size for my web posting?

are you trying to post to a blog or what here

you can add text to your pages but there is probably a limit or whatever you are wanting to do

you only get so much with paid hosting and or if had the free hosting for whatever here you are doing

From your posting, I assume you are working with the Website Wizard. There is no real limit to the size of text files, but the Website Wizard does place a 10,000 limit on it's content areas. This is to protect the Wizard's data bases. Free or paid, there is no easy way of getting around this limit. You may need to split things into chapters, or use an iframe to source the information from another file. The file would need to be created using the Text/Visual editors that are outside of the Wizards limitations.

Since you didn't provide a link to your site, it's difficult to tell what you are using. All I can do is make some guesses. You also mention 8 pages. Does this mean you are using the Theme based Wizard? The Theme based Wizard is limited to 7 pages, but there is a way around it. It turns out, if you switch from the Theme based Wizard to the Layout based Wizard, add extra pages, and then switch back, you will not lose pages. I have successfully added 10 or more pages to a Wizard Theme. This may depend on which Theme your using. Some of them don't look very good if you extend the navigation menu past the 7 page limit.

Website Wizard:-

"Each content block has a maximum length of 40,000 characters including html"