Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Update on the preg girl with the discharge

Hi everyone! A couple people mentioned they would like an update when my chlt girl had her pups. Well, she's on the meds for the vaginal infection and seems to be getting better. She finaly delievered her pups yesterday, and so far so good. They all seem healthy. The only abnormality was the lenght of the delivery. She began around mid on the 22nd and finsihed up around mid on the 23rd. Some pups came more than 5 hours apart, and yet all were born alive and well--without a C-section--thank god:)

Anyway, that's my news!

Re: Update on the preg girl with the discharge

That's wonderful news! Congratulations, and enjoy those babies!

Re: Re: Update on the preg girl with the discharge

Congratulations on the healthy pups! Glad that
all turned out well for you.

Re: Re: Re: Update on the preg girl with the discharge

Congrats on a healthy litter. Enjoy them

Wow, 5 hours between babies? I'd be in a panic. When mine go over two hours, I am most unhappy.

Congratulations on a healthy litter!

Dian Welle
Blue Knight Labradors

Can you tell me what meds/antibiotics your bitch was on for her vaginal infection during pregnancy?

Sometimes the bitches take a long break in the middle of delivery. As long as the bitch is fine and not straining, and I can feel the puppies move, I don't worry at all. I've gone more than 8 hours before trying pit, and not lost a pup because of the wait. There is so much variation to "normal" that sometimes we intervene when we don't need to.