Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Breeder directory database and Labrador Pedigree Database.

Greetings to all! I normally don't post - just lurk around in the background gathering up the wonderful informaton provided - but I want to invite everyone to register for our breeder database and pedigree database [it actually creates pedigrees for you - much like the pedigree program - Breeder Assistant].

We added a Labrador Breeder Directory to our website. Breeders and their websites are listed by location to help those browsing our site in the hopes of finding a breeder in their area. I know there are many, many great breeders in the Eastern US yet it seems that we ship most of our puppies back east [we are on the West Coast in Washington state]. Of the six puppies in our current litter which are ready to go to their new homes this weekend, 2 are going to Illinois, 1 to Ohio and 1 to California..

The pedigree database has over 10,000 entries so far. You can add your dogs to the database online where they will be kept for future use by you and others with your Lab in their Lab's pedigrees. The database generates pedigrees for print, copying to your website or you can simply create a link to the pedigree to place on your website. We are in the process of adding a separate search page to generate lists of siblings and offspring. You can do such a search already from the main page but several breeders have asked that we separate these searches. We will also soon add the benefit of creating line breeding %%.

The database is set up so that everyone can view and print information from the entire database but only the person who entered the Lab can edit it. No one can delete a Lab since others may be relying on it for their pedigrees. User information can only be viewed by the user.

For those of you who use programs such as Breeder Assistant, if you are interested in adding your dogs to our database, you can send an export file to me and I can upload it all at once in a matter of seconds. This is how most of the entries there so far have been added.

We also have added a new forum - just like this one so it will probably be of more interest to breeders in the western US, not to most of you.

All of these are free and will forever remain free. My goal is providing them is simply to aid in sharing informaton about lines and what our fellow Labrador breeders are producing!!

I hope you will take a look! You don't have to register to check them out. You can login as a 'guest'.

BrookHill Labradors, Orting, WA
http://www.fortheloveoflabradors.com/breeders/login.php
http://www.fortheloveoflabradors.com/labradors.php

LabraData

Just a reminder that you can also submit your breeder information and pedigree of your dog into the LabraDataBase and it will be available to anyone from the net. You don't even have to do the typing except for the initial submittal form You can add photos, health and certification information as well as titles to your dog's entry once the dog is in the database. If you have not visited LabraData recently, please visit the website at the link shown above.

Re: Breeder directory database and Labrador Pedigree Database.

This is being copied and pasted all over the labrador internet websites and lists.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Greetings to all! I normally don't post - just lurk around in the background gathering up the wonderful informaton provided - but I want to invite everyone to register for our breeder database and pedigree database [it actually creates pedigrees for you - much like the pedigree program - Breeder Assistant].

We added a Labrador Breeder Directory to our website. Breeders and their websites are listed by location to help those browsing our site in the hopes of finding a breeder in their area. I know there are many, many great breeders in the Eastern US yet it seems that we ship most of our puppies back east [we are on the West Coast in Washington state]. Of the six puppies in our current litter which are ready to go to their new homes this weekend, 2 are going to Illinois, 1 to Ohio and 1 to California..

The pedigree database has over 10,000 entries so far. You can add your dogs to the database online where they will be kept for future use by you and others with your Lab in their Lab's pedigrees. The database generates pedigrees for print, copying to your website or you can simply create a link to the pedigree to place on your website. We are in the process of adding a separate search page to generate lists of siblings and offspring. You can do such a search already from the main page but several breeders have asked that we separate these searches. We will also soon add the benefit of creating line breeding %%.

The database is set up so that everyone can view and print information from the entire database but only the person who entered the Lab can edit it. No one can delete a Lab since others may be relying on it for their pedigrees. User information can only be viewed by the user.

For those of you who use programs such as Breeder Assistant, if you are interested in adding your dogs to our database, you can send an export file to me and I can upload it all at once in a matter of seconds. This is how most of the entries there so far have been added.

We also have added a new forum - just like this one so it will probably be of more interest to breeders in the western US, not to most of you.

All of these are free and will forever remain free. My goal is providing them is simply to aid in sharing informaton about lines and what our fellow Labrador breeders are producing!!

I hope you will take a look! You don't have to register to check them out. You can login as a 'guest'.

BrookHill Labradors, Orting, WA
http://www.fortheloveoflabradors.com/breeders/login.php
http://www.fortheloveoflabradors.com/labradors.php

Re: Re: Databases

Well, I guess they know how to reach the targeted audience

I did fail to mention in my LabraData comments that LabraData is entirely free now. The ongoing costs for hosting, maintenence, etc. are covered by underwriters whose logos/links appear on the database pages - sorta like the spotlight space on the breeder's directory. I know that many people did not embrace LabraData at first because there was a small fee to enter each dog, but there is no fee of any kind now for submitting information or viewing it. We really appreciate our underwriters who have made this welcome change possible.

I would be nice to have one big resource like the Goldens have with k9data.com

Database

That is our plan with LabraData. It is a document database that can store any sort of data about a dog. If you have not visited the website, please do so. It grows as more Labrador people participate and add dogs. It allows "test" matings to view pedigrees, etc. All the info provided by the owner (or from public sources if available) is incorporated into each dog's record - along with electronic copies of the documents submitted. It is not just a bare bones system, it has lots of meat to digest

Re: Database

LabraData is such a valuable tool in researching pedigrees and specific dogs since the actual certificate from OFA, CERF, Optigen, etc. is viewable. Documentation that is verifiable is of enormous benefit to those studying for that future "stud dog"!

Visit the site today and take a few minutes to enter
your dogs. LabraData is one step beyond any other
resource for researching Labradors, it's FABULOUS!

Visit LabraData NOW!

Re: Re: Database

Visit LabraData Now!!!

The K9data just added a Lab data base. go to k9data.com click on the arrow where it says golden and click on lab and just start adding your dogs it is great.

This is to the new database people (I have my own personal database of 12,000+ dogs, thank you very much, that I don't plan on sharing as there is personal notes and the like in there!):

Well, if only the person who entered a dog can edit it, what do we do about OUR dogs who are in your database with incomplete information (titles, etc...). It's rather disconcerting to see my own dogs there with incorrect/incomplete information!

The new database sounds great. I hope it will take off and do well. Sharing information is useful and benefits everyone.

I went on the database as a guest. I found a number of dogs of mine listed. However, the pedigrees were either incomplete or incorrect. Since I did not enter them, I cannot fix them. Now what?

How do I register?

I like my information to be accurate. That is why I will stick to LabraData. I have found too many incorrect or duplicate entries on the other pedigree databases. I have also run into the problem where MY dogs have been entered by other people and I couldn't correct them. It isn't a good resource unless it is accurate!

Re: LabraData

Maureen Gamble
Just a reminder that you can also submit your breeder information and pedigree of your dog into the LabraDataBase and it will be available to anyone from the net. You don't even have to do the typing except for the initial submittal form You can add photos, health and certification information as well as titles to your dog's entry once the dog is in the database. If you have not visited LabraData recently, please visit the website at the link shown above.

Incredible, I just did it, very easy