Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Marley and Me ...movie

I just saw the previews of the movie Marley and Me , coming out to the theaters Christmas Eve.... Anyone know who the breeder or dogs are they used in the movie? Also, where is the kennel they went to buy their pup?

Re: Marley and Me ...movie

That movie looks really cute, I can't wait to go see it. I'm pretty sure that the breeder they used is on this forum or Laura's. If I remember correctly they only used her Labs for the puppy parts.

Re: Re: Marley and Me ...movie

I was perusing some sites recently and stumbled upon this site that claims they have labs in "an upcoming movie about a yellow lab" .
I did think that a breeder on the forum had pups in the movie but don't know about the adult playing Marley.
http://diamondbarkennel.tripod.com/
Annie

Re: Re: Re: Marley and Me ...movie

I wonder why those 2 yellow Champion boys who used to belong to Ridgeview Labradors and I believe are now deceased are on the Diamond Bar Website ?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Marley and Me ...movie

Oh nevermind, I see that those 2 champion boys I was referring to were boys that Diamond Bar used on their girls on the puppie's page.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Marley and Me ...movie

I'm pretty sure the adult Marley was a shelter dog. We had bunches of casting calls living in MIA, BUT I remember they only wanted a shelter or rescued dog for the adult Marley.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Marley and Me ...movie

http://www.baltanlabs.com/

There were 22 dogs that portrayed Marley during the course of the movie. 11 were puppies under 6 months and there were 6 adult dogs (from 1 to 6 years) that were rescue dogs that played Marley.

Nancy, were you asking about the kennel portrayed in the movie, or the one the actual real-life Marley was from? I don't know about the one in the movie, but the real-life Marley came from a backyard breeder in Florida. The Grogans answered a newspaper ad.

The had a breeder in FL that they used her pups, I believe. They needed someone close to the place they were shooting.

The breeder posted on this forum before, you can probably search the topic and find her

I thought her name was Barbara and I just found the website. It was Baltran Labradors!

OPPS...Make that Baltan

http://www.baltanlabs.com/

Thanks for the information...... yes, I also wanted to know the site of the kennel.
It looked very nice, from a short shot of the the entrance. Anyone know what was the location ?

I believe it was filmed in Hawaii

The puppies came from Scio, Ohio. It was on our local news.

Did you read somewhere else on this list that Nancy Martin's daughter, Sandy, played the part of the breeder in the movie? Nancy's kennel name is Ayr.