Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Call from American Express Merchant Relations Line?????

Has anyone else had a call from someone at the American Express Merchant Relations line about a client of thiers looking for a choc. or yellow christmas puppy??? I was outside playing with my dogs and got a message-have not called them back. I am really picky where my puppies go. I do have a website but never advertise on any site for a third party involvement with mine. I want to know my puppy buyers.

Re: Call from American Express Merchant Relations Line?????

Wouldn't go near it. If it was really Amex I would politely decline. Probably is a scam though.

Re: Re: Call from American Express Merchant Relations Line?????

Thanks Nancy. I plan to not call, I know there are a lot of email scams going on. More than likely a caller scam. I have never heard of this service and would never sell to anyone like this.
Guess my post is more of just a head up to everyone.

I got a call from a celebrity's assistant, she left me voice mail. I didn't believe it but called back. Sure enough it was a famous woman celebrity's office so you never know. It might be the VP of Amex. If I got that call, even if it was legit no one would get a Christmas puppy from me.

I think it's worth calling back to find out who really called you so you know what to expect in the future. If you have caller I.D. do a reverse search for that phone no. If this is a scam, American Express should be notified of it.

Your right, I will check into it to see if it is a scam. Thank you. I will post what I find out.

Re: Re: Re: Call from American Express Merchant Relations Line?????

Merchant relations would be the relations between the company and MERCHANTS. If it was something like Priority customer relations, or the AMEX BLACK card line calling, that would make sense:) Just a case of someone having their "people" doing the shopping for them, but then, if they cant make a phone call on their own, wonder who will be caring for the pup eh?
Annie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Call from American Express Merchant Relations Line?????

I agree Annie. I had a call last year from someones secretary and pretty much told her the same thing. If your boss does not care enough about finding a pup he can't have one of ours.

I'm going to modify what I said somewhat. If it was indeed a legit "service" that perhaps a celebrity or other high level person was using, I would probably be fine with it as long as I got to speak with the person before any decision was made. I'm thinking of, for example, the president-elect wanting to get a dog for his family. He certainly wouldn't have time to call and screen multiple breeders, nor would many celebrities or wealthy people. But I would want to be on the short list for someone like that - the puppy would get the best of care and would never want for anything.

I sold a puppy to a celebrity couple. The wife was a actress model and her husband is the lead on a popular tv series show currently and very well known. The wife spent alot of time with me on the phone and was very nice and seem to be a great family. Nobody is too important to not talk on the phone about adding a family member. JMO