Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nature's Variety Breeder Bags

To those who were inquiring about the NV breeder bags, this is the response I got from NV:

"We do have 50lb bags for the chicken and beef Prairie, but no other varieties. These are not included in the breeder program either (buy 10 get 1 free). If you are interested in purchasing them, please have the store call the distributor to see if they are available. We do not sell these in the store, so it is very important they do not go on the shelf…. You will need to arrange with the store to pick them up."

Re: Nature's Variety Breeder Bags

I was told that they WILL deliver to your house if the truck can turn around. He also told me you need a Tax ID number and all orders must be over 400 dollars (not too hard to do)

Re: Re: Nature's Variety Breeder Bags

How much money do they charge for delivery of NV big brown bags to your house ? Does it still come out to be less money even though breeders who do this won't get the free bag after buying 10 bags through their breeder's club ? Or how about if you buy it at Petco and get their buy 10 get one free program. Does Petco sell Taste of the Wild ? Makes me wonder why Petco doesn't sell Eagle either.

Petco doesnt sell NV (in our area anyway.) At our local feed store I get NV for 44.99 for 30lbs. The breeder bags are 50 for 50. Ill have to get back to you on delivery because Im still working on the 8 bags I bought recently before contacting them about the Breeder Bags. It shouldnt be too long though. Ill post it when I make the order. Im in NY (very close to CT) So at least you will get an idea.

I just contacted the feed store where I get my crew's kibble and they indeed have the ability to get NV breeder bagged kibble for me. I am so excited. They are getting the details for me. I fed the Raw Instinct for a couple years with great results but as my crew grew in numbers it was a tad expensive. I have been feeding Innova with lots of great results however the NV is comparable and if I can save a few bucks and get the same nutrition with the same results I may have to make the switch. I will post what I find out from the feed store.

Re: Re: Nature's Variety Breeder Bags

Interesting! I will have to reply and ask about that as well as what the cost would be for delivery.

My feed store just got back to me...WOO HOO I can get the NV Prairie for $55.99 ($1.12 per lb) for a 50 lb brown bag of chicken or $65.99 ($1.32 per lb) for Lamb. I have my crew on Innova right now which runs $45.99 ($1.53 per lb) for a 30 lb bag. They are not making me buy a minimum. I am excited about this. Thanks to whoever brought this to our attention.