Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How to find out if a dog/bitch has titled.

I am researching a pedigree and adding it to my MBF software. I just want to make sure I am not overlooking any dogs/bitches titles that need to be updated. I went to the AKC site to try to find out but they want you to purchase each report. I am looking to update a 4 gen. pedigree, with about 30 dogs/bitches. Anyone know of where else to look to see if any have titles that aren't on my copy of this pedigree?

Re: How to find out if a dog/bitch has titled.

Go to 'Store' and 'Points Progression'. (You may have to create an account if you haven't already.)

You can verifty titles that way.

Re: Re: How to find out if a dog/bitch has titled.

Once you create an account for looking up dogs, you can only research 25 per day. Because I look up a lot of them for LabraData, I have created two accounts - one personal and one for LD - that will allow me to research an extended pedigree of more than 25 dogs.

We also check for things like DNA numbers, color, etc., so have to use the full display of information. If you only are looking for titles, here is a link to the "The titles will e shown with the name in the lookup box. You can still only request 25 per day - it is probably linked to your IP address.

AKC link

AKC is probably the most reliable source for researching titles. However, for years they had a bitch of mine listed as having her CDX. She didn't; another male with a title he never had. Sort of a shame that AKC records are not pure.

AKC is not only the most reliable source it is the only official source to verify AKC titles. If there is an error in the database you should report it. Even computers aren't perfect!

It's not the computer. It's the operators of them that make some large and small mistakes. We've all done them. Some are worse then others.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it! I finally got them all entered.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right directions.

Tina and "kids"