Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Accepting Credit Cards? Got any Ideas?

What service would you recommend to accept credit card payments. I really would like other sources besides Paypal. I found a site called charge.com, but I know nothing of getting something like this set-up. Anyone have any suggestions? There are several listed when I googled it, I was just hoping for some feedback from others who may have a trusted source.
Thanks in advance,
Tina and "kids"

Re: Accepting Credit Cards? Got any Ideas?

I've used MoneyGram (www.moneygram.com) for both US and International exchange of currency. The buyer can do the transaction online, and you as the receiver can pickup your "greenbacks" at a MoneyGram agent. It's a great way of exchanging funds.

Michelle

WE us a local bank and have a merchant account to take Visa and MC.

Many people don't trust and won't use Paypal. I never use paypal, and never do business with anyone who uses it. Too much fraud.

Thank You! I am Soooo happy that I have options, besides paypal.

Thanks a bunch!!

Tina and "kids"

Having worked for the market leader in money transfer, I would be as careful about using MoneyGram, Western Union, etc. for something like this as I would Paypal. I personally have used Paypal without a problem - but I understand others have had less than stellar experiences. I also have investigated a ton of wire transfer fraud scenarios - and take a look at the specific disclaimer on CraigsList.... buyer/seller beware.

I've had great experiences with PayPal. Recently bought something on eBay and never received it. PayPal investigated and refunded my money in full. It's a pretty good buyer protection plan.

Re: Re: Accepting Credit Cards? Got any Ideas?

Paypal sucks for sellers. I sold a big piece of gym equipment on ebay and the ad stated that it is the buyers responsibility to arrange for pick up or shipping. I was moving in a week and didnt have room for it where I was going. After selling it on ebay, a legal contract, the buyer paid me thru paypal. I got the money from paypal and was ready for my move. Unfortunately the buyer couldnt find a trucking service to pick up the equipment and asked me to cancel the sale and give him his money back. I told him I was moving in 2 days and couldnt take it and didnt have time to relist it. He complained to paypal. Paypal informed me that I had to show proof that the buyer recieved the property. They didnt care about my ebay contract with the part that it was the buyers responsibility for pick up or to arrange the shipping. Paypal gave them buyer back his money and came after me for the money. Paypal sucks and I will never use them again.

Re: Re: Accepting Credit Cards? Got any Ideas?

Nancy, I recently had the same experience with Paypal. I have been using them for years, and never a problem. Then I purchased something in ebay in September, and never received it. I filed a claim, and the money was refunded back to me by Paypal.