Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I'm a nooby with an stupid question

What does group 1 or 4 mean when talking about a labs accomplishments? I have no idea what a group 4 winner means...

Re: I'm a nooby with an stupid question

After dogs are judged in thier own breed they then go up against the other breed winners of their "group" with labs it would be all the different breeds in the sporting group. So a group 1 would be the dog that beat all the other sporting dogs, a group four would be the fourth place winner in the sporting dog group. Hope this helps.
Aloha,
Jackie

Re: I'm a nooby with an stupid question

No question is stupid....

Re: Re: I'm a nooby with an stupid question

Oh yeah, there ARE ALOT of stupid questions. That one happened not to be stupid at all though!

Re: Re: Re: I'm a nooby with an stupid question

Actually, there are A LOT of stupid answers. No stupid questions.

Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm a nooby with an stupid question

All the labs will compete, the one that wins Best of Breed will then compete in the Sporting Group. The Sporting Group will be all the Best of Breed winners of each sporting breed. The first place winner in Sporting Group is a Group 1, second place a Group 2,
third place a Group 3, and 4 place a Group 4. The Group 1 winner will then compete with the Group 1 winners of all the other Groups such as Hearding, Non-Sporting, Terrier...etc..then that winner will be the Best in Show winner.