Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HELP ! Pups ate to much.

I have never had this happen but two 12 week old pups opened a cabinet and ate 1/3 box of the little Milk bone biscuits. They are fat looking. Do I make them throw up ? Let them exercise or not ? Afraid of bloating. Any help appreciated.

Re: HELP ! Pups ate to much.

Not an unusual happening. Don't let them play to much or drink a large amount of water. They will "shrink"
soon. Good luck with them and have a Merry Christmas!

Re: Re: HELP ! Pups ate to much.

OMG, Thank you. I have been running to look and see what someone had to say. Will pick up the water and keep them separate a while.

And when they ask to go out tonight and tomorrow...TAKE THEM OUT IMMEDIATELY!!! They may have the runs for a bit...skip this evenings meal as well.

I had some naughty dogs open a closet door and eat their way through a bunch of food -- a couple of them looked pg they ate so much. (this was 2 days ago)
I gave them only sips of water, I had to get up and let the culprits out 2 times during the night the first night and once last night, I gave them only a single dog biscuit for breakfast yesterday a.m. and still limited their water, a handful of food for dinner last night and this a.m. and a bit more water and 1/2 rations tonight. Of course they thought I was starving them but too bad, they had the equivilent of several meals so I don't feel sorry for them. I am now letting them have as much water as usual and tomorrow they will get normal rations. Their bellies are finally softer and slimmer.

Re: Re: HELP ! Pups ate to much.

They are so much better this morning. They pooped ALOT. About 4 times each last night. But I was thrilled. I did what you all said, starting with, RELAX, that was the best hint. Then was careful with water, play and no food for the night. They were so happy and playing like normal this morning. That why this Forum is so important. Thank you again. Does not matter how long we have been breeding pups, there will always be something happen that we have never had before.

Re: Re: Re: HELP ! Pups ate to much.

I understand. I once had a girl in whelp (within 10 days of whelping) that got into food at the clinic due to an assistant leaving a door open. You haven't seen big belly until you add free choice food and a nearly term pregnancy together. Thankfully, everything worked out OK.