Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sick Dogs After the Cleveland IX Shows

I had four dogs at the Cleveland shows last week.
I now have two dogs with the runs, one is vomiting.
Very slightly elevated temp.
Will be at the vet in the morning.
Anyone else have a sick dog after those shows?
What did they come down with?

Re: Sick Dogs After the Cleveland IX Shows

Mine are fine so far. But, they were in the booth with me most of the time.

Re: Re: Sick Dogs After the Cleveland IX Shows

And that is why I stay home from that show, it happens every year, then you have a kennel full of sick dogs over the holiday. It's all about that stupid ventilation up there in that building, THERE IS NONE !

Re: Re: Re: Sick Dogs After the Cleveland IX Shows

By sunday people were pulling dogs with loose stools and vomiting , Just a mess no one picked up outside

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sick Dogs After the Cleveland IX Shows

Many handlers had sick dogs they couldn't show.The smarter handlers set up their own ex pens inside. The outside of the building was a mess- no place to ex the dogs and then they didn't pick up. The clubs that give the show need to put pooper scoopers and/or bag stands with garbage pails out there, sawdust on the messy spots. The indoor ex pens were too small and not really clean, which is why many wanted to go outside. There was maybe a 50 foot square area of grass. Then it rained. I just wiped my guys' feet after getting back inside with baby wipes. Just got lucky, no one got sick.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sick Dogs After the Cleveland IX Shows

All the indoor trash bins smelled really bad from poop, really disgusting by sunday afternoon

Re: Sick Dogs After the Cleveland IX Shows

At least they did have bags hanging for people to take to clean up after their dogs which I had never seen before. Plus more areas outside to put trash. But problem was so many did not clean up. Had a handler's dog lift it leg on my partner's stuff and when I said something to him he just looked at me and walked on. He heard me that was for sure. So many rude people!

Re: Re: Sick Dogs After the Cleveland IX Shows

Stressed dogs for sure sitting in crates Thursday until Sunday with no exercise areas outside and pouring rain. A show not to remember.