Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Woodhull's Brown To The Bone-June 21, 2006-Dec. 20, 2008

It is with great sorrow that I tell our Labrador friends of the death of a dear chocolate boy, George. George and his big brother, Jackson were able to climb a snow drift in their yard on Cape Cod, and make an escape. His loving owners, Suzanne and Bill, searched through the night for their dear boys. They were found, with George dead from being hit by a car, and Jackson standing over him, and not letting anyone near his beloved brother. Jackson was coaxed away, and Suzanne and Bill came to claim their boys. Their sorrow is immeasurable. George was a wonderful boy, with the sweetness and easiness of his grandpa Bravo, with just a touch of brown added for silliness and comedy. I am so proud to be his breeder, and to have known this special boy. Godspeed, sweet Georgie. You will be missed by all that knew you.

http://www.brownberrydesign.com/george/george.html

Re: Woodhull's Brown To The Bone-June 21, 2006-Dec. 20, 2008

I am so sorry for your loss. He was a beautiful boy. There are no words to soften the heartache.

Oh, my God...how terribly sad. I know personally how horrifying it is to loose a dog this way. Such a tragedy, such a beautiful, lovely dog. My heartfelt condolences to the family. ~Nancy

I still have tears streaming down my face. We are all so deeply sorry to hear about sweet Georgie. We will miss his sweet loving adoring face and sweet loving temperament. He was always such a gentleman to my girls. Godspeed sweet Georgie. Suzanne and Bill, if you need a shoulder please call me!

Oh Suzanne -- After speaking with you this afternoon, words cannot express how deeply, deeply sorry we are for your loss. What a sweet boy and I know HOW MUCH you loved him. Please give Jackson big hugs from us. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Re: Re: Woodhull's Brown To The Bone-June 21, 2006-Dec. 20, 2008

When i first met George, he was totally chocolate!! When he traveled with me he was always a gentleman. I gave him the nickname Jesus Jorge, and it stuck to the point of him looking for me when i called him that.

The first year i brought him to Potomac he proceeded to embarass me by pooping in the ring and butt tucking whenever he could. He will always be in my heart, i will miss him dearly!!!!

I hope your chasing little bunny foofoo's now!!!!

Jen

So sorry to hear of your loss. I can't imagine what it must be like. Godspeed George!

I had the pleasure of watching George grow up to a handsome boy and even showing hima few months ago at Jersey Skylands. I am still in shock by this sad news. Suzanne and Corey, I am so very sorry.

George will be missed by all.

We were very sorry to hear of George's passing. We had the pleasure of George's company at our house a few times while Jen was passing through to pick up some of our dogs. God Speed Sweet George!

There are no words that can ease your pain at this time, just remember all those wonderful days you had together.

Sincerely,
Michele & Bobby

Re: Re: Re: Woodhull's Brown To The Bone-June 21, 2006-Dec. 20, 2008

I am so very sorry for your loss.
My heart goes out to all who loved this beautiful chocolate boy.
I always enjoyed watching him show, he was a lovely dog.
God speed George.

I miss Georgie's sweet sweet face and wiggle butt so much already... This is just devastating, and Jackson and George's brothers/cousins/buddies in our home are hurting along with Bob and me for you guys, and praying George quickly meets up with Mike, Boomer and Molly in Heaven... Our love and prayers are only for your family today Suzanne, Bill and Jackson... Love Always, Abby, Bob, Wrecker, Gunner, Roger and Copy

So very sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry for your very tragic loss.....God Speed sweet George......

Words are so inadequate in such a terrible tragedy.

I am so sorry, Suzanne, Bill, and Corey. I first met George at the Potomac, where he sweetly wiggled his way into my heart, just as he did with everyone. He will be missed by all- that goofy "Jorge," with his silly antics.

Watching him mature into such a stunning boy has been an honor, and I know that he'll continue to be remembered by all who knew him as a true ambassador to the breed.

Prayers and deepest sympathy for all of George's family and friends.
Suzanne and Corey, please don't hesitate to call if you need anything at all- even an ear or a shoulder to cry on.
(((Hugs))) Julie

I'm so sorry to learn of your tragic loss. I didn't know George first hand but I did see him several times and he was, indeed, a beautiful boy. I remember his Best Puppy win at Pioneer Valley.
God speed sweet George. My sincere sympathy to Suzanne, Bill, Corey and all who loved him.

I'm really sorry Corey. That is so sad. Hang in there.

Warmly,

Susan

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

It is with great sorrow that I tell our Labrador friends of the death of a dear chocolate boy, George. George and his big brother, Jackson were able to climb a snow drift in their yard on Cape Cod, and make an escape. His loving owners, Suzanne and Bill, searched through the night for their dear boys. They were found, with George dead from being hit by a car, and Jackson standing over him, and not letting anyone near his beloved brother. Jackson was coaxed away, and Suzanne and Bill came to claim their boys. Their sorrow is immeasurable. George was a wonderful boy, with the sweetness and easiness of his grandpa Bravo, with just a touch of brown added for silliness and comedy. I am so proud to be his breeder, and to have known this special boy. Godspeed, sweet Georgie. You will be missed by all that knew you.

http://www.brownberrydesign.com/george/george.html

My sympathy to his owners and you for the tragic loss of this handsome boy.

This could happen to any of us -- we have huge drifts/snow piles, too and something I will have to watch out for as my dogs are close to being able to walk over the fence in one spot already.

Anyone who knew George knew what a big ole goofball he was and just how much his Mom Suzanne adored him.

I was so sorry to hear about this today.

Godspeed sweet boy....

{{HUGS}}

Peggy

George was so sweet and goofy. I am soooooo sorry Corey and Suzanne. I can't imagine the greif and words don't do how I feel Justice. (((HUGS)))

Corey, I am so very sorry to hear this.... George was a very nice looking Choco boy who I know will be missed by many.

So sorry to hear about this Corey... I really know how you all feel. I lost my first show Labrador at the same age in a very similar way. I'm sure Chance and George are running happily around with all the other Labradors at the bridge where there are no cars to worry about.

GodSpeed George, I am so sorry to hear of his passing, my thoughts are with you Corey and Suzanne and Bill, and all who loved him

Barb

I'm so sorry to hear the loss of your boy. Godspeed, George. My thoughts are with you Corey and Suzanne and Bill.

Words aren't my strong suit, and seem so inadequate at times like these.
I certainly saddend by the news. My thoughts, prayers, and deepest sympathies to Suzanne, Bill, Corey and Jackson. I am glad I got to love on George at Boston and back in November at Abby's. I'll miss that sweet and gentle soul.
Godspeed Jorge.

I am so sorry to hear about George...such a horrible tragedy for such a nice guy. I feel so badly for all of his people. My thoughts are with you.
Kris

So very sorry to hear this news. I am thinking of all those involved with this wonderful creature!

When I First met George at The Skylands Show in 07 my mouth nearly dropped to the floor. WHAT A STUNNING SWEET CHOC BOY .HE WILL BE MISSED HIS QUALITY ALWAYS STOOD OUT TO ME .BUT In The End HIS LEGACY WILL LIVE ON IN HIS BROTHER JACKSON . I Know personality When u lose a dog to a tragedy u blame yourself .DON'T .Keep your head up and know hes in heaven with all are other past dogs probuary eating lots of food and playing in the mud...I will keep Corey and Suzanne in my prayers..

This is such a tragedy and my deepest condolences to all involved on the early loss of such a promising star. I am so sorry. May his memories live on forever and run free and happy sweet George.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Woodhull's Brown To The Bone-June 21, 2006-Dec. 20, 2008

Words can not express my saddness. This is one of my boggest fears. I am soooooooooo sorry and sad buy this. When Suzanne called me yesterday afternoon i cried. George was a beautiful boy inside and out, a true testemant to good breeding and good family.

I just saw George and Jackson last week at the vets. It was the best vet visit George ever had.

If i come back as a dog i want to come back as one of Suzanne's dogs.

My thoughts and paryers are with you all.
Kathy

Thank you all who responded here and privately

We are so sad by the loss of Georgie. What a wonderful group lab folks are. So many of you have been through similar tragedies. The notes from you help to ease the pain. It is hard to bear loosing a dog who was just coming into his prime. Your compassion and understanding helps to get us through this bad time. Thanks.

Re: Thank you all who responded here and privately

Corey:

I always find comfort knowing that when a puppy goes to the bridge, some little angel child in heaven got a puppy that day.

Maybe the Christmas angels needed your boy, maybe for an older one, or a special one who needed such a gentle soul as he. There is always a purpose in life and death, and though I never got the pleasure of meeting your boy in person, the responses here clearly tell me that his purpose was to spread kindness and cheer. This is why he was needed at this time. Take comfort in knowing that, until you meet again.

Suzanne, my heart goes out to you. What terrible sadness. RIP sweet George.

We are so sorry for your loss. Each one is very special and there are no words that can make this easier. Prayers for all of you. Godspeed.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Lisa

Very sorry you lost your beautiful, sweet boy.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Woodhull's Brown To The Bone-June 21, 2006-Dec. 20, 2008

I had the pleasure of meeting Jorge in Fitchburg. Wow !What a handsome fun loving boy. My heart goes out to all who he loved and all that loved him. May he be swimming and getting bumpers at the bridge with all our Loved Labs.

Oh Corey, I am so VERY sorry!! What a tragic accident :o(

x

Re: Woodhull's Brown To The Bone-June 21, 2006-Dec. 19, 2008

We are devastated by this loss - words cannot express our sorrow. We take comfort that Jackson was such a brave boy and loving brother and is here safe and sound with us. We cherish that George graced our lives. He was a very special boy and we feel blessed that Corey entrusted him and Jackson to us. The outpouring of love from the Labrador community is so greatly appreciated. We thank all of you for your kind words and prayers.

Deeply sorry for your tragic loss.
God Speed George. God Speed.

I am so sorry for your loss. My deepest condolences to Suzanne and Bill, I too have felt that pain and it is heartwrenching to say the least.
Rest well sweet boy, Godspeed Georgie.

Words simply cannot express how heartbreaking it is to lose our wonderful and faithful companions. I'm so sorry for the loss of such a great boy and wish him godspeed.

I'm so, so sorry to hear of George's accident. My condolences to Corey, Suzanne and all who loved him. I'm sure my beloved Roxy, his great-grandma, was waiting at the bridge with doggie kisses, wagging tail and sweet, sweet Labrador love. Godspeed, George.

I was so sorry to read this, RIP George, I too Have lost a young adult this way........so many years ago,I still can remember the very sad pain in my heart.

Corey my heart goes out to you and his owners. So young and such sad circumstances.

Oh Corey, how terribly sad................

My prayers go out to all of you in your loss.