Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
without a Rx??

Long story--too long. Is there any way I can buy this w/o a prescription?

Re: without a Rx??

I've checked two sites online and both require a Rx for Otomax...sorry. Maybe you can talk to your vet and see if they will sell you a tube without the office visit..? My vet is very good about doing that for me on small things. Good Luck

Re: Re: without a Rx??

I buy it all the time without a script, just go to the vets office ask for a tube and they should sell it to you....I order mine online from a breeder pharmacy where you don't need scripts for any of the drugs.
Aloha,
Jackie

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I've checked two sites online and both require a Rx for Otomax...sorry. Maybe you can talk to your vet and see if they will sell you a tube without the office visit..? My vet is very good about doing that for me on small things. Good Luck

What is the "breeder pharmacy" site Jackie? Would love to know!

sounds like revival......

Re: Re: Re: without a Rx??

No, not revival. They used to have a website but no longer do, you can only or through this place if you have a referral, I use the American Eagle Breeders to buy all my script stuff without a script.
You can email me privately for the phone number and use my name if you want to buy from them but i'm not sure if they are taking any new customers or not.
Aloha,
Jackie

Replying to:

sounds like revival......

Re: Re: Re: Re: without a Rx??

Most of the time my vet will let me buy what I need if I call and ask. Ask about Animax (I think that's the name, works like Otomax, but is cheaper, that's what I got last time for one of our crew's ears).

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: without a Rx??

I don't think Am. Eagle Breeder's are taking any new customers, you can sure ask though. Jackie's right, when they were taking customers you had to have a referral with someone else when you called.
Good luck!

That sounds a little shady... I'd work with my vet. Otomax might not be the right thing for the infection - should do a smear to make sure you are treating for the right thing.

Finally, words of wisdom - thanks Nancy!

What type of ear medication needed depends on the type of infection - bacterial, yeast, etc. Otomax is not a 'cure all' for all types of ear issues.

Anyone that sells you a prescrition medication with-out a doctor/patient relationship or without a written Rx is doing so ILLEGALLY!!

I would certainly stay clear of anyone/any place that tells you otherwise.

Well, I got a private email from the OP and she has had smears done and they always prescribe otimax for this dog's infection and always charges her a office call which I think sucks. I did however tell her that she should find out what is causing the infection as to be continually treating with otimax may be harmful to the dog, heard it can make them go deaf if you use it too much.
This company is NOT shady and most long time breeders know what to give their dogs for different things.
Aloha,
Jackie

Replying to:

That sounds a little shady... I'd work with my vet. Otomax might not be the right thing for the infection - should do a smear to make sure you are treating for the right thing.

Great care must be taken when treating ears. If your dog has a deep infection in the ear the eardrum may not be intact. You should not administer ear meds if that's the case. Also Otomax and Animax contain a steroid and should not be used on pregnant or nursing bitches. It's always best to check with your Vet first before medicating your dogs.

Re: Re: Re: without a Rx??

I've had wonderful results with Momentamax.

Mometamax is the same as otomax according to my vet.