Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Giving wrong information

I received a phone call today from a person is south florida inquiring on a puppy. I'm in Florida also. According to this person she spoke to a breeder who said they showed, and no long bred chocolates because they were prone to hip dysplasia. So, I of course gave the person the RIGHT information.

How are we supposed to educate the public if people are giving out the wrong information. THINK before you speak, if that has been "YOUR" experience, then blame it on having the wrong dogs in your pedigree, don't incriminate all the chocolate dogs!!!!

Re: Giving wrong information

"Breeder" they talked too??? That would be a good Question. Then they show too ??? even bigger question?? I can't even understand why anyone that called themself a breeder would say something that Dumb?

Re: Re: Giving wrong information

I know of a "breeder" of chocolates in FL that puts to sleep anything that doesn't get an OFA EXCELLENT!!

Wish there was something someone could do, that really borders on animal cruelty in my book!!

Please excuse my spelling and grammar errors. I was angry,,lol.

Breeder? Would that be the same one who is now breeding silvers?

You know, I didn't ask who the breeder was. If the woman comes for an interview, I may ask for my own information and may contact them myself. I really try not to say anything bad about anyone else. I just feel like it's always 1 step forward and 3 steps back.

So what was the point of even posting this?

I don't know, haven't looked on their website in years but it wouldn't suprise me!
Imagine that - OFA Excellent silver Labradors! LOL

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Breeder? Would that be the same one who is now breeding silvers?

You know, I didn't ask who the breeder was. If the woman comes for an interview, I may ask for my own information and may contact them myself. I really try not to say anything bad about anyone else. I just feel like it's always 1 step forward and 3 steps back.

""""So what was the point of even posting this?"""""

My point is that I'm tired of people who claim to be good breeders give out misinformation that the rest of us have to go back and correct. Why?? feeling guilty? I didn't think the point was that difficult to understand.

Frankly it makes us all of us look like idiots, what's the average Joe Blow public supposed to think when they get conflicting info? It's right up there with people saying don't get a chocolate lab, they are hyper.

I was just sharing my frustation, I would think that's still acceptable.

Come on people, it's almost 2009 ! Respect everyone's opion. How many questions and replys have been answered with rude comments, too many!!!
Let's just try it and see what happens.
Happy New Year

I agree with Kelly! Each time I have posted anything on this forum, a lot of the responses turn into being rude and nasty.

We all need to be supportive for each other.