Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Marley & Me: All In The Family

Just had a great chat with Nancy Martin and her daughter Sandy who is at home for the holidays. Sandy, as you may know, is an actress living in Hollywood and tonight I learned she is in the film "Marley and Me" and she plays none other than the labrador breeder.
I thought the book was boring but I must see the movie now that I know Sandy is in it!

Also - for those who don't know it, Nancy has broken her hip but is at home and ambulating. I am going to visit her right after the New Year so if any of you want to send her anything, it might be easier to send it to me and I'll take it to her. I suggest this only because I'm not sure how often Nancy gets mail - she has to go to the post office to pick it up and she's not going anyplace these days (though someone may be going for her)

That's my news for today - some good, some not so good.
Wishing you all a happy and healthy New Year
Julie

Re: Marley & Me: All In The Family

I saw a clip from the movie on one of the talk shows yesterday, and it was the scene where the couple went to pick out a puppy. It showed them on a porch with the puppies and a woman (I assume the actress portraying the breeder)!

Re: Re: Marley & Me: All In The Family

I worked with Sandy the day we did the scene she is in. We provided the 12 dogs in the yard chasing the car up the driveway and following Jen and Owen inside to meet Marley.I had no idea who she was till almost the end of the day and was very tickled to learn who she was because she was the only person who understood that my dogs fit the lab standard and were NOT Marleys!! She was such a great person and very complimentary about my lines. We also talked about the fact that I had read all her Mom's books several times and they had helped me in the early years to get a better understanding of the breed.I asked her to thank Nancy for me and I hope she remembered to.Please tell her I said hello and I'll keep good thoughts for Nancy.

Re: Re: Re: Marley & Me: All In The Family

That is so neat that Nancy's daughter is in the movie. I will be sure to look for her when I go see it.
So sorry to hear Nancy broke her hip. We miss seeing her and think of her often. Please give her our best wishes Julie. We will drop a card in the mail to you to take to her. Thanks for letting us know. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas,
Traci and Ellie

Re: Marley & Me: All In The Family

I did not like how they portrayed the breeder, and her living conditions or the price of the puppies, $300, with Marley being $250.