Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fox Red Sires

Can anyone give me names of yellow fox red males available for stud? I have a very short list and maybe I missed one.

Re: Fox Red Sires

No one is allowed to post that information on this forum. But if you post an email address, you will get some responses privately.

I searched for a couple of years and compiled a list. Email me privately and I would be happy to share my list of fav's.

Thanks,
Tina and "kids"

I went in archives and I found an old thread that was similar to my question, found a new name there as I never thought of black dogs who throw red.

Breeders can no longer even share names of dogs? I do not look at it as advertising, but sharing of information. But its not my say for the rules. Too bad, thank you anyway

lovemylabs@inbox.com

Not allowed?????? How many threads have we seen about people's favorite studs? I think the question is valid and entirely suitable on this Forum.

When I first read the title I thought it said "Red Sox Studs" and I had a few I was going to add :)

Re: Re: Fox Red Sires

I think you have it wrong, no one can advertise their stud dogs but if someone asks for a list of stud dogs that are a certain color or throw a certain color that is NOT advertising, that is giving information. Big difference!
Aloha,
Jackie

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

No one is allowed to post that information on this forum. But if you post an email address, you will get some responses privately.

Thank Dog you do not have dyslexia.

since Its not my dogs or kennel.

KelleyGreen Labradors has some nice fox reds

If Willie is not on your list, you need to check him out.
http://www.littleriverlabs.com/willie.htm
Also there is a lot of interesting information about fox reds on the site.

I second Willie. nm

x

Re: I second Willie. nm

They are the ones who started it all with the Fox reds. Kelleygreen, Keepsake and yes Willie is a beauty. Most have offsprings of these lines.

I have a friend who just bought a new puppy.
She said that the breeder told her it was a fox red lab.
It is a dark reddish yellow girl. The color is the same allover. Does not have the lighter shading that most yellows have underneath.
Is that what the difference is between a yellow and a fox red?
Just wondering.

We have pictures of quite a few fox reds on our Fox Red Pages on our web site,
http://www.littleriverlabs.com/foxred.htm
(note there are three pages with a link on the bottom of each page; History, Fox Reds Today, and About a Fox Red)
Once you see one in person there is no mistaking the shade. As a puppy most fox reds are pretty solid all over in coloring, you can see a picture of a 9 week old puppy on our second page of the web site to see what I mean. I can say, sometimes it can be very difficult to tell from a picture if a Labrador is fox red in shade.

Re: Re: Re: Fox Red Sires

I have gone to your page Gregg and read about the Fox Reds several times. They are beautiful and always make me want one. Good educational link. Some get a darker yellow and call it that, but they never look like these.

If you have ever lived with Fox Reds you will know why the obsession many of us share. They have a very unique personality and it makes you do silly things and spend lots of money.

Good Luck in your endeavors - we need to improve the quality and soundness and get better ring presence.

OK Redd Foxx, what am I in for?
You said that the Red Fox Labs have a unique personality and make you do silly things.
Please tell.

Yes, I would love to know. And soundness. Not as sound ? Seems to be alot of that going around in all colors.

I see no difference in my reds personalities and health issues/or lack thereof, as any other colors I own. I know it's very tough to find a nice red boy and I'm constantly searching also. If you do a google search you may run across one or two you may like and 50 you don't. Just keep looking and the right one will one day appear. I finally have one here that I'm very happy with and pedigree that I like and now just holding my breath on upcoming clearances in 6 months.

I think what Redd Foxx means is that if you breed for colour over the "whole" dog then you can produce dogs that don't fit the Labrador standard.

As we all know, you can breed awesome chocolates but in my neck of the woods chocolates are known to be temperamental and prone to health issues. That's because the BYB is producing a color without concerning themselves with health and temperament.

The kennels, such as Gregg's, that have great dogs and they happen to be Fox Red will continue the good lines. We'll always have BYB that want to breed red for the extra $$$.

I'd like to have one just to see the judges' reactions. No one has shown a fox red in this area before.

What you want to look for in the sire's pedigree is this boy : Scrimshaw Placido Flamingo

Most if not all reds go back to him.

But I would recommend chatting with Kelleygreen Kennels and get the necessary information regarding breeding for fox reds. The reason being is that it takes quite a while for a breeder to get that perfect red.

Cathy,

Let me tell you, when we had Willie out here in Texas, we got some of the funniest looks ever as well as a few peeks into the AKC Standard! It was really fun seeing the reactions of most judges and the general public.

Nancy Arbuckle has the greatest story ever about a fox red being dq'd at a show so the next time that judge was judging labs, they all gathered every fox red they could find and entered the show with a fox red parade!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fox Red Sires

Yeah, just like chocolates are nutty....

Oh and blacks are hyper....

Yellows make the best pets....come on people!!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

If you have ever lived with Fox Reds you will know why the obsession many of us share. They have a very unique personality and it makes you do silly things and spend lots of money.

Good Luck in your endeavors - we need to improve the quality and soundness and get better ring presence.

"I'd like to have one just to see the judges' reactions. No one has shown a fox red in this area before."

I am on the east coast and many AB judges look at us like we have three heads. But we will not give up showing our girl and educating the public on the shade of yellow!

As far as reds temperament being different, I have had two, and both are very easy going and laid back. I hear many reds are like this.

Oh yes, most AB judges have gone to the book and I just smile.

I would think Sally Bell is a good place to start...

www.boradorlabradors.net

I have had judges hold up the class/ring to call the superintendent over and over to question the color. A couple of my foxreds are very dark foxred. Walking into the open yellow class, you should see the faces of some judges :)

I will be showing my Dancer girl at the Cow Palace. The first judge, I have shown them under before. He does not have a problem with the color. Will put up a good dog. The second judge I am not sure of. Will so find out :)

I am sending a couple of them out with handlers this spring and summer. The more we show them the more judges will be ok with the color.

Happy New Year,
Eleonore