Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
insulated rectangle dog houses suitable cold weather

I was writing the members of the forum to see if any of you know of any companies that are making insulated rectangle dog houses.Suitable for most labradors.
I am looking for warmth and easy to clean houses. Something that has the compressed styrofoam core board laminated to either metal walls or to fiberglass board. I would want a door that can be added onto the house so a dog is warmer in winter months.
The ones I have seen in the past have a hinged top that lifts up so you can add bedding or just clean.
They set off the floor about 4 " so the house doesnt rot .
The closest design I have seen is made by the k-9kondo.com people but I looking still for more options. I like their door design as it is pretty doggy proof.And it can be locked up.
If any of you that live in the cold climate areas have a source or a local maker please feel free to email me privatly.
Thankyou
Sue Halling
Gregoireslabradors.com

Re: insulated rectangle dog houses suitable cold weather

Petmate makes a barnhome
http://www.petmate.com/Departments/Product-Categories/Dog-Houses.aspx

Re: Re: insulated rectangle dog houses suitable cold weather

Cinder I appreciate the lead, but this is the type of house we already are using but I am still seeking something that is even more insulating that this type of dog house. I am looking for a house that is rectangle and is insulated with a dense styrofoam core .It would be a custom built tpye dog house,with a lid that opens on top, and has a plexiglass swingling door or a metal swinging door. Some of the houses also feature a inside walkin area where then the dog turns and steps over a raised woodenlid into a nesting area. This helps prevent wind draft from entering the house. I have seen photos of these houses years ago.
I would even take on the project of building something like this my self, but I do not posess the proper tools any more to do this or the shop area.
But Im still hoping someone will read my inquiry and have an idea to give me.
sue

Re: Re: Re: insulated rectangle dog houses suitable cold weather

ASL Solutions Dog Palace. Leak proof for sure and very easy to put together.

Re: Re: Re: Re: insulated rectangle dog houses suitable cold weather

Only thing I dont like is that the door doesnt just come off, the windows open though for the summer. It has a drain hole and is slanted for easy cleaning.

I use K-9 Kondo dog den 2's in my kennel. They are a bit spendy but have great insulation and are virtually chew proof. My dogs love them.

http://www.k-9kondo.com/product_Dog-Den-2-Regular_20_0.html

Cheers,

Toni

If you're interested in building one yourself - check out www.doghouseplans.com. These are plans for doghouses that are used by K-9 units.
My husband built the 2-door, 2-dog model and my two boys love it. Although they are inside at night, it gets pretty cold here during the day and I wanted them to have a place to get warm and dry in.
It was not cheap to build - about $400 - but it has been worth every penny.

Sue, Check out Deer Creek. http://www.deer-creek.org/page6. The are located just south of Loganport. Short drive and save a bundle not having to ship.

Re: Re: insulated rectangle dog houses suitable cold weather

I have the "barn home" one, had to remove it from the puppy run, they were climbing up on top and jumping off! It's flat on top.
Put an Igloo in and all is well again