Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nice Spotlight ads Jill

Happy New Year to everyone!
Beautiful spotlight ads!
2009 Specialties should be wonderful with all these gorgeous dogs out there!

Re: Nice Spotlight ads Jill

I couldn't agree more. I noticed the page for Alldan's Gypsy Star is not working. Hope this gets corrected soon. I would like to see more of him. Happy New Year!

More than $5000 worth of ads. No overhead. No printing costs.

What was that quote by P.T. Barnum?

To *: Let's see you take on this huge responsibility of a multi-faceted website that serves the international Labrador community FOR FREE. Could you do it better? No? Thought so.
Now go crawl back under your rock and let the peoople who appreciate this website (and the opportunity to go "stud shopping" in the comforts of home) enjoy the spotlight dogs.
Hope the new year brings you some joy, *
P.S. That * looks an awful lot like an a**hole...

Re: Re: Nice Spotlight ads Jill

What a beautiful line up of Spotlight dogs! It'll be quite a treat to see them for two months.....Happy New year Jill! (thank you for this wonderful website!)

Re: Re: Re: Nice Spotlight ads Jill

THANK YOU JILL ! What a wonderful line up. I also can not wait to go shopping. What fun that will be over the next few days. We do all appreciate it. We love this site. See you out at the specialtys coming up.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Nice Spotlight ads Jill

After we "rang" in the new year, hubby went off to bed and didn't I get addicted to sitting and looking at all these dogs. I started out saying I'd just go through the first few rows and would leave the rest til morning, YA RIGHT!

Lovely dogs, folks. Congrats to all who own them.

Jill, Great job, Thank you,
Gerrie

HA HAAAAAAAAAAA.

I was looking at the "eye candy" for Labrador Lovers at 1: A/M sipping New Year Cheer

LOVELY LINE-UP

Thank You Jill !

I was hoping to see more EIC status's on those gorgeous dogs. Sorry to bring it up....

Thank you everyone for all the kind words regarding the Spotlight Ads. It was fun putting them together, and I was thrilled to see so many nice dogs coming in throughout the month. And thank you all for having faith in the Website.

To the person that was complaining, this is a wonderful medium in which to advertise, I just checked my web statistics for the Labrador Breeders Links page, and last month we had 4,0196 visits on the site . My 12 month total was 464460 visits . Those are not hit stats, but visit stats. Go ahead and Google Labrador Breeders and see where the Wiscoy site come up on the page. I promise you it will be in the top 5 or 6.

I've put many. many hours , over the course of many, many years into this website, and for you to suggest that I should not be compensated for my work is a little surprising. Do you have a job, do you do this job out of the goodness of your heart, or do you collect a weekly paycheck? Darn, I haven't even raised the prices for the Spotlight ads since their start...hmmmm and that was several years ago.

Like it or not, the internet is emerging the way to go in regards to advertising. That said, I would have say that using this website for advertising is giving you allot of bang for your buck.

Pease remember that you can download and save these dogs to your computer or burn them onto a CD.

Now go grab some leftover Christmas cookies, a cuppa joe, and scroll through those ads!! ;-)

Happy New Year to Everyone

-Jill

Well said Jill! Bravo to you and Happy New Year! Keep doing what you're doing....so many people enjoy this wonderful forum!

Jill,

Not that you need me to say this, but don't let a few boneheads affect what you do. I think they are jealous and lazy. It's easier to try and knock someone down than it is to raise yourself up.

The fact is, if you didn't do a professional and effective job with your website, all of us who did advertise would not have been willing to pay for it. It's called capitalism. If your good at it, you'll have success; if not...

If you act in a professional and ethical way, Profit, even in dogs, is NOT a dirty word. It is supply and demand. If there was no demand, there would be no supply, at any price. I didn't see anywhere on your site that says you are a free or non-profit business.

The idiot * that makes a post like the one above doesn't even have to visit if it offends them. It's interesting that they visit, though. Everyone has a choice. If they don't want to pay for the advertising, they don't have to. If I choose to pay you for your time (and the exposure), what's it to them?

Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox. Just wanted to tell you that most of us "get it".

Thanks for the quality of the ads. You are providing a great service to us and SHOULD be compensated for it.

Mike

wow! I love the ads, I wish there were this many all the time.

All is can say is WOW!!! Thank you for providing this invaluable tool Jill

Aloha,
Kim

Do hits/visits yield sales?

done't vist the site if youi done't like it!!!

Bonehead #1 just sprouted another head!

Keep doing what you're doing, Jill

Sounds like someone expects something for nothing. Must be a really pleasant person to do business with. In my opinion, the Spotlight Ads are a great service, albeit not a free one. But then, someone taught me a long time ago that if you get something for nothing you have probably gotten what you paid for.

On another note, there are some advertisements this month from some relatively newer kennels whom I have come to respect over the last few years because of their efforts. To those breeders: it's marvelous to see the results of your determination to improve the breed. Some of these kennels are the ones now at the forefront of paying attention to the details - EIC clearances, as an example. Hats off to all of you - proof positive that hard work pays off!

But do the ads actually work to improve puppy sales
or stud dog use?

Let's here from the people who have used a dog or bought a puppy because of the ads.

Here's one... me.

Also, I don't think people do this for puppy sales at all. Most of these people do NOT have to advertise to sell puppies. People spotlight their dogs to advertise them at stud, but also just to advertise their kennel - there are times when you see bitches on here as well as studs.

Everyone uses some kind of advertising to sell puppies and stud services; otherwise no one would know who you were. Even advertising to create name recognition is advertising ultimately to sell something.

So do these ads work?

Didn't you just answer your own question?

Nope. Just because someone sees an ad doesn't mean that they act on it as the advertiser hoped. In fact,
some advertising has had unexpected negative effects.

Just wondering. How much is Fabian's Stud Service lol
Are his shots up to Date??
Love the ad.

Congratulations on the well done Job Jill, Happy New Year everyone.

Good one!! I am sure Fabian would be happy to accomodate!! I hear his stud fee is quite reasonable with a nice guarantee.

Is He A BB??

hahahah

So do these ads work?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Work hard with your Labs and then you will answer your own question.

Yes, I think they would work. I go through and see alot of dogs I already know and have checked on. But once in a while there will be a new one on there. I like to go to the web page and look at the pups by these boys. Was nice to see some that are being EIC tested. Just think it is one of the things we will be looking for in the future. We do all we can to keep the Labs healthy. Beauty is one thing but health is the most important.

Are we breeding to the DOG or to an EIC clearance?!
Let's not forget its the whole package!
EIC is not a prevalent issue in our breed to be
breeding soley to a EIC clearanced dog.

Some of us have to look for a clear dog! Some of us care about the health of the pet puppies we produce and the families they go to. If you care you would test. IT IS CHEAP ENOUGH! It is prevalent in show stock. Are you afraid of what you will find if you do test?
Yes, is was nice to see some of the dogs were tested. I also wonder the results of dogs that are not posted. B%$#h owner beware, ask if they have been tested. If you don't, they may not tell you outright. Within a year there will be enough offspring tested that we will know who the carriers are anyway. Honest breeders will be upfront and do the test as well as post the results. To those that are hoping to get a few extra stud fees before they have to come clean.... SHAME ON YOU!

Uhhh, we have tested and have clear dogs.

There are many who are not convinced of the accuracy of the test and are waiting, doesn't mean they have anything to hide, silly assumption!

This is really getting old, beating this topic to death on here. Neither one is right, neither one is wrong. Give it up please........................

Anyone who would breed to a dog because of its photo is an a$$.

I'm sure you are all making the webmaster happy, she gets 5 grand AND more website recognition. Great deal for her. You go girl! Barnum would be very proud of you.