Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
For those feeding Sam's Club Exceed dog food

I got an email from Keith Sharp, buyer for Category 8 pets for Sam's Club. He informed me that they DO NOT intend to discontinue the Exceed dog foods. I did refer him to the forum as this is where I heard about it.

Re: For those feeding Sam's Club Exceed dog food

Thanks for checking on this. I also called corporate and was told I would hear from the buyers and Members Mark about it, so now they know there are several folks that have heard this same rumor. The customer service people said it is not marked for discontinuation in their information, so it MAY be a club by club decision. I know that one of our Sams stores does not carry Purina Puppy Chow and the other one does. I sent a dog to VA over a year ago and the trainer was not able to buy the Chicken & Rice in the Sams club there - only the lamb formula. I hope those who use it regularly can convince their local clubs to keep stocking it.

Re: Re: For those feeding Sam's Club Exceed dog food

Our Sam's has plenty. One of the clubs across town does not carry the Performance at all, just hte Lamb. So you are right Maureen. Hope they keep it.

Its the top seller here in my Sam's Club, they doubled their stock when they moved. I am glad the rumor was squashed!

They didn't discontinue it here but it went from $19.50 per bag to $26.

Re: Re: Re: For those feeding Sam's Club Exceed dog food

That is great news--now to get my closest store to stock it again.

Re: Re: Re: Re: For those feeding Sam's Club Exceed dog food

Here it was 22.99 for years, went up to 24.99 and then 28.99 before Christmas. Now back to 26.99. So guess they are trying to find the selling price.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: For those feeding Sam's Club Exceed dog food

It may be somewhat tied to gasoline price - like most everything else.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: For those feeding Sam's Club Exceed dog food

Always been 28.99 here and out of the 2 Sams club stores we have on this island only one sells it, so strange....
Aloha,
jackike

26.86 in Midwest. bought a pallet Friday.

$26.24 for the Chicken & $26.28 for the Lamb here. Not sure why the 4c difference, but it's certainly not enough to make it a "break the bank" decision, lol.

I'm so glad to hear they're not discontinuing it. Our girls are doing great on it so far- we're on our 3rd or 4th bag. It also seems to sell fairly well here too. Doesn't take but a week or so for the store to go through a pallet of either formula.

I am glad to hear no one wants Exceed flavors to go away! :) I am the buyer for pet care and if you are looking for a specific food please let me know, if I have access to it I will do my best to get it for your local Sam's Club. If I can be of any service please let me know, Sam's Club is working to improve quality and selection in the pet food isle for you.

Keith