Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
slow, cold sperm

I brought my boy in to collect him this morning, had collected 2 days ago for a breeding. When I collected this morning, those swimmers were swimming kind of slow (not dreadfully, just noticably)...is it because he came in from 12 degree weather that could have effected this??

Re: slow, cold sperm

Hangovers? No one is moving too fast this morning.

He is kenneled?

Come on - just because dogs are in a kennel, doesn't mean they are in a bad situation. My dogs prefer to be in the cooler kennel (heated to about 55 degrees during the winter) and get hot when they are in the house for too long. I get so tired of people with their "holier than thou" attitude towards those of us who choose to keep fewer dogs in the house than you, and provide a comfortable kennel situation when the dogs are outside.

I doubt it's from the cold. They can pull the testicles up closer to the body to keep them warm.

Well...I collected him again in the evening, after being inside all day, and the sperm were swimming more quickly, I do think it actually was the cold!! LOL!

Shame on all of you that think any dog that is kenneled is abused.
Come on.

Some dogs I know of spend too much time inside in small kennels, and its toooo warm for them!

My labs LOVE the cold! They roll in the snow, dive in it. We have proper housing and wind breakers for severe cold and wind.
But our dogs now have a new kennel with heated floors, yay! But we won't keep it over 50 degrees.
They go out during the day to play.
Dogs don't like it much warmer than 50 degrees , and if you are showing dogs, they will blow coat all the time if you keep them too warm.

Re: Re: slow, cold sperm

I was going to stay out of this one, but you and one other both made comments as though someone had made anti-kennel remarks. I don't see one anti kennel remark in this thread. I see one question asking if he was kenneled. Who exactly are you "shaming?"