Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Honda Element - quick questions

I need a new dog vehicle, and am seriously (and perhaps very quickly) looking at the Element. I just have 2 dogs that travel to shows, so I don't need all that much room. For those who have used the Element - how did you like the back seat windows? Did it matter that they don't open all that much, and you have to do it manually? Is it unhandy to have to open the front doors to get the back doors open? And last but not least - have you had problems with the fact that the large "moonwindow" over the rear compartment doesn't have a cover and lets the sun shine in? Any other things that you like or don't like?

Re: Honda Element - quick questions

I have a honda element with 2 dogs( and a baby on the way). We live in upstate NY and took it to Potomac and had room to spare. As far as crates go, we ended up having to order SUV crates by midwest so they fit side by side, but other than that I have not found space to be an issue. No problems with the windows or moon roof either. I love that the back is a hatch/tailgate, and I did order the cabana. I've used it at dog shows and been very happy with it. I thinks its great vehicle for people that have pets. Good luck!!

Re: Honda Element - quick questions

Honda Element is a great vihicle. I think Siena would be even greater since the miles per gallon consumption is not going to be a factor. You will be having so much room you can put your two legged friends at the middle to keep them safe and your stuff at the back part of the siena.

God Bless,

Phil

Re: Re: Honda Element - quick questions

LOVE my Element!! Biggest plus is no carpet. Second plus is that you can flip the seats up or take them out.

With one or two dogs, works great. When I am taking my whole clan, I drive my big dog truck with the 8-hole topper.

MK