Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
progesterone timing help please/11 today's blood

Well , just got home and the message on my machine was.....this mornings blood was 11. We are going to breed tomorrow morning. Her blood draw on Wednesday was 3.6 so I am still thinking that she ovulated yesterday but 11 ( higher than I expected) is making me a bit nervous. Do you think we are ok with breeding tomorrow and again on Monday?

Janice

Re: progesterone timing help please/11 today's blood

I think tomorrow & monday will be good...do you have boys...what do they say? I usually do progesterone...but I always check it against the boys...they are always right on with the days I think.

Re: Re: progesterone timing help please/11 today's blood

This is for a friend of mine. The dogs are German Shepherds. I will do the breeding tomorrow - it will be an AI as that is what the stud owner wants me to do - we shall see what the stud says about her readyness in the morning as I do not have her here with me. It should not be too bad as the stud my friend is using is only in the next town. I wish one of my Labby girls would come into season -- I want puppies too!!!

Re: Re: Re: progesterone timing help please/11 today's blood

I know of litters produced that the progesterone was over 20. Go for it.

Mike

I think you'll be fine with tomorrow.

Re: Re: progesterone timing help please/11 today's blood

I am hoping as this is not my dog and I made my friend listen to me wih the progesterone numbers rather than go on a 2.0 as the Vet wanted! She better get pregnant or my name is mudd and i will hear all kinds of grief from my Vet.

I am going to go do the breeding at 10:30 this morning - yesterdays blood about 10 am was 11 . I am thinking we are okay with breeding this morning and again on Monday.

Thanks to all....
Janice

If yesterday was 11, today will be just fine.

Update----Did first AI

Hi again,
I just got home - did the first AI. Stud was interested but not as much as I would have liked to see but the bitch was intimidating him - glad we brought the muzzel. She is a pet and wanted no part of this.
We are going to go back for round two Monday morning.
Her owner ( not experienced) said she has been backing into him for but scratches she just did not think much of letting the stud near her - she was scared more than anything I think.
Hoping for the best........
Thanks again