Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Warning to all breeders on the east coast

I Had this woman ( ellen alfier ) come see my puppies .After a long converation talking about her family and her house. She stated she was just looking for a pet.I had one pet female left. She left me a deposit . I gave her a contract to review .She called me later stating the contract had 2 many rules..This woman is posing to get a pet and she really shes looking to get a dog to breed .....

Re: Warning to all breeders on the east coast

How do you know she wants to breed the dog? If you had too many other rules about what they can and can't do with the dog that might be the reason she doesn't want to buy a dog from you, did you ask her what part of the rules she doesn't like?

Re: Re: Warning to all breeders on the east coast

Exactly, just because she said that there were too many rules, doesnt mean she is looking to breed.

People that are looking for a Pet understand that breeders want to protect the breed - but when there are so many rules and obligations - they back off.

If she objected to "spaying/neutering" then you might want to question it.

Maybe we need more information on why to watch for this lady? Don't go off warning us about a particular person without providing hard details on why?

Re: Re: Re: Warning to all breeders on the east coast

I know for a fact she wanted to breed the dog because she stated will she produce pet quality puppies and also didn't want to spay her .

Re: Warning to all breeders on the east coast

Be thankful that this person gave you a heads up. Right now there are many people looking to buy dogs to make an extra buck. Be very careful of who you sell to. These times are changing people.

Re: Re: Warning to all breeders on the east coast

Surely we are all thankful this person gave us a heads up -- but without the " will she produce quality puppies, and that she will not spay her " in the original post -- we cannot exactly put this lady (possibly innocent at the time) on our "no" list... More like a further inspection list.

But given the fact that she asked about breeding, definitely no.

We are thankful .