Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Match Rules?

At a local "match" today, a professional handler took a pup in for sweeps best puppy. She did win Best Of Opp. sweeps pup. However, she did not handle the pup in her puppy class. The club asked to re judge without the handler and puppy was D.Q. Should the 2nd placed pup have gone in for the re-judging for B. O. S Sweeps??

Re: Match Rules?

Was it a B match? And why was the pup DQ'd... That seems kinda harse....

ANd yes the 2nd place pup should have been able to compete...

Jen

Re: Re: Match Rules?

it was LRCPV match - so, yes it was a "B"
The pup was DQ cuz the proff. handler went in for B O Sweeps. The flyer stated that no P. H. can show another person's pup except for their owwn. It was said that the 2nd place did not need to go in for the re-judging??

Re: Re: Re: Match Rules?

It sounds like they set the rules and interpreted them as written. The pup was disqualified because of the rules. It should have been excused for cause in the class at the time so there would not have to be any rejudging and hurt feelings. When a dog is "excused" due to rules violation in a later class, the second place dog in the class is NOT eligible to compete in its place.

Think of this as if it were a real show and the class winner was then excused in WD class due to behavior of the handler. That does not make the second place dog eligible to compete for WD.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Match Rules?

Was this a "professional" handler or a junior handler?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Match Rules?

professional handler

I was there. This handler handled several dogs in several different classes. She picked up a ribbon or two or three. She took this nice pup into Best In Sweeps, and it was not till after it was all over it was discovered that she was a pro. The judge did not know her, so did not know, and some of the people ringside that knew she was a pro thought she was showing her own dogs. I think it was a mistake on her part. She is young, and perhaps did not know the rule. It was written very plain in the flyer.

Can anyone tell us the match results? Sweeps and regular?

I'm curious, who was this "pro"?

http://www.bluestationpictures.com/Sarah/

Was unable to go due to pups. Does anyone have the results?

Isn't she a junior? That's what I was told when I questioned a LRCPV memeber about her at the match. Also, her site says she was in November at the Spfld. show.

no,she charges money for handling so that makes her a professional.....period the end.

Are you SURE she charges for HANDLING? I know several Juniors who get paid to be kennel help, and they are paid for walking, feeding, grooming, etc. But they are NOT paid for handling.

To bad this happened. She was a beautiful puppy and very deserving of this win.

She is NOT a junior. She WAS a junior but she has aged out. I think it was an honest mistake made by an inexperienced girl, and was handled perfectly by the club. No one wants to take away a win from anybody, but a rule was broken, and it was resolved.

I think it was unprofessional to name the person in question. we all make honest mistakes.

she does...I know her

True! So enough said. I think we should drop this now too. Honest mistake. Nice girl. End of discussion.