Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
California Natural Lamb Meal & Rice Dry Puppy Food??

anyone ever use this for weaning puppies or the Innova puppy food - large breed or regular puppy?

Re: California Natural Lamb Meal & Rice Dry Puppy Food??

I have not personally used it but I have sold a lot of it to breeders who have weaned to both CA Natural and Innova.

Re: Re: California Natural Lamb Meal & Rice Dry Puppy Food??-to retailer...

Is one easier to get than the other, or more commonly used? (Innova Large Breed Puppy, Innova regular puppy, Cal Natural Chicken puppy, Cal Natural Lamb puppy)

I want to use something that I can get on a regular basis. Plus something puppy people will be able to get.

TIA

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I have not personally used it but I have sold a lot of it to breeders who have weaned to both CA Natural and Innova.

Re: Re: Re: California Natural Lamb Meal & Rice Dry Puppy Food??-to retailer...

I am not a breeder, but I do have experience with California Natural Lamb and Rice puppy and Adult formula and Innova large breed. I liked both. California Natural is gentler on the stomach, but I like the protein in Innova better. Good luck!

California Natural Lamb Meal & Rice Dry Puppy Food?? used it for years

I have been using this for about 8 years with good results, the puppies like the food and do very well on it, also my girls don't have to eat huge quantities of food to keep up with milk production and they stay in very excellent shape. My puppy buyers don't usually have any problem locating a store that carries it.
This year with the bag size decrease (6#) and price staying the same, I decided to switch to Orijen as I already ahd one dog on it and he was doing even better. This next litter will be the first on the Orijen so I am curious to see how things go, all my dogs are on less food than the CN and coats are even better on my 2 oldest dogs, one is 12.5 the other 14.5 years old. I found both foods super digestable.
I've had no issues with bad coats or ears on the California Natural.

Has anyone tried Healthwise? How does that compare to Innova or CN?...

I have been feeding Innova but for the first time my feed store now has Healthwise, and with the bigger bag size and cheaper price, it sure is tempting to try.

Re: California Natural Lamb Meal & Rice Dry Puppy Food??

the California Natural is one of Natura's "baseline" foods. It has a very simple ingredient list (last time I checked it was something like- Lamb (or chicken variety), rice and safflower oil. Same good manufacturing/ingredient quality as the other Natura products. the Innova has a much more extensive ingredient list. I've seen some dogs with sensitive stomachs (not usually a labrador problem ) do very well on the California Natural.

Either should be not to difficult for folks to find.

For the Innova I prefer to wean puppies onto the Large breed puppy- I think it has a more appropriate CA/Phos ratio.

Natura has a extensive website that shows all of their products, ingredients, nutritional info, etc